What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Movies have you walked out of? (2 Viewers)

I don’t think so. I wanted to walk out of Love Actually but my gf at the time made me stay bc we went with her friends and their boyfriends so it would have embarrassed her.

Other than that, I don’t recall a time. I have never been a big theater-goer so since I don’t go all that often I usually have a pretty good idea about the movie I’m going to see so it’s likely something I’ll enjoy.

The Fan with Robert DeNiro and Wesley Snipes, it was just so slow and boring.

8 Mile, date picked it and then couldn’t handle the language. I was like you know who Eminem is right? We didn’t date long after that.

Should have walked out of Any Given Sunday. My Dad has a Christmas tradition of taking the kids to a movie the day after Christmas. We were in Ohio visiting my Mom’s side and he took a bunch of the cousins ranging 12 through 19 year olds to the movies. No other aunts or uncles wanted to go to the theater. We get there and my Dad says let’s see thy football movie. None of the kids objected. I remember sinking down in my seat during the locker room scene and just thinking what in the world was my Dad thinking picking this movie. Yeah my two younger sisters were with us. I remember driving home with everyone and my Dad just says “ I think this tradition just ended once your parents find out what movie I took you all to.

Ha! The Fan was absolute garbage. I should have left that one.

Any Given Sunday sucked too. Good pulls.

Bobbyyy!!!!

8 Mile, date picked it and then couldn’t handle the language. I was like you know who Eminem is right? We didn’t date long after that.

Should have walked out of Any Given Sunday. My Dad has a Christmas tradition of taking the kids to a movie the day after Christmas. We were in Ohio visiting my Mom’s side and he took a bunch of the cousins ranging 12 through 19 year olds to the movies. No other aunts or uncles wanted to go to the theater. We get there and my Dad says let’s see thy football movie. None of the kids objected. I remember sinking down in my seat during the locker room scene and just thinking what in the world was my Dad thinking picking this movie. Yeah my two younger sisters were with us. I remember driving home with everyone and my Dad just says “ I think this tradition just ended once your parents find out what movie I took you all to.

Ha! The Fan was absolute garbage. I should have left that one.

Any Given Sunday sucked too. Good pulls.

Bobbyyy!!!!
“I just stopped caring.”

I kinda want to see it to see how bad it is
Sounds like they tried to basically sell it as "this movie is so bad, you just have to see how bad it is" and that has failed. I think those kinds of "hits" need to be more organic. The comic book movie sure seems dead. I mean a Spiderman Universe movie just got absolutely trounced by what sounds like a pretty half-baked Bob Marley biopic.

I kinda want to see it to see how bad it is
Sounds like they tried to basically sell it as "this movie is so bad, you just have to see how bad it is" and that has failed. I think those kinds of "hits" need to be more organic. The comic book movie sure seems dead. I mean a Spiderman Universe movie just got absolutely trounced by what sounds like a pretty half-baked Bob Marley biopic.
I see what you did there.

Some of the examples in here are just absurd. You guys will walk out of basically any movie just out of mild annoyance.

I saw Howard the Duck in the theater. Paid money to watch it. One of the worst movies ever made — and I stayed until the end. After that, I can’t imagine how bad a movie would have to be to walk out early.

Was there any fallout from the parents or your mom over this? Has this become the family legend/story of the family? “Remember when Uncle TheFatKid Sr took us to the dirty movie?”

Or was it never spoken of again?
lucky for him no one else in the family was aware of what content made it R rated so he kind of skated by after apologizing. One aunt still gives him a hard time over it but it is all in good fun.

Some of the examples in here are just absurd. You guys will walk out of basically any movie just out of mild annoyance.

I saw Howard the Duck in the theater. Paid money to watch it. One of the worst movies ever made — and I stayed until the end. After that, I can’t imagine how bad a movie would have to be to walk out early.
Yeah, walking out of Rushmore? I get if Wes ends up not being your style but walking out???

Also, Schindler's List. I refuse to watch movies in black and white. Shoot the lock off the wallet and film in color already, amiright?
No. And I'm pretty sure you know that.

The Godfather. As soon as Brando started talking I realized he had cotton in his mouth. Ridiculous and unwatchable.
Best movie ever made.
I'm thinking pav wasn't serious.
Shirley you can't be serious.

Also, Schindler's List. I refuse to watch movies in black and white. Shoot the lock off the wallet and film in color already, amiright?
No. And I'm pretty sure you know that.

The Godfather. As soon as Brando started talking I realized he had cotton in his mouth. Ridiculous and unwatchable.
Best movie ever made.
I'm thinking pav wasn't serious.
You would think, but I'm not so sure.

Only movie I walked out of was The Others but it wasn’t because of the movie (though it wasn’t my favorite). Fight broke out between some punk kids who kept making noise and the tough guy 20-somethings behind them that had had enough. Didn’t want to stick around in case weapons started coming out.

Pee Wee's Big Adventure

Hudson Hawk
oh man, i love Hudson Hawk. one of my favorite movies.
I was 19.. I don't even remember the movie, just remember thinking it was stupid. But 19 year old me was quite the dumbass. I'll have to give it another shot...
It WAS stupid. But I think that was the point... some good campy performances in there.
George Kaplan : Yes, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Rome. I did my first bare-handed strangulation here. Communist politician.

Hudson Hawk : Why George, you big softie.

George Kaplan : God, I miss Communisim. The Red Threat, people were scared... the agency had some respect, and I got laid every night.

Attack of the Killer Tomatos - Begged my mom to take me...I was I think 8 years old....after 15 minutes she looked at me and said let's go....she took me and we walked into Midnight Express....I was never the same again. Rifkeeeeeeeeee!!!

Howard The Duck - In high school with my girlfriend....we could not believe how dumb it was...walked out.

That's it.

Attack of the Killer Tomatos - Begged my mom to take me...I was I think 8 years old....after 15 minutes she looked at me and said let's go....she took me and we walked into Midnight Express....I was never the same again. Rifkeeeeeeeeee!!!
Yikes. My parents never took me to an R rated movie and I'm kind of glad now after reading some of these comments. My only R rated experience was at a friend's house where they had the HBO antenna on their roof and it came thru channel 5 on their TVs. My next door neighbor also had one that we could pick up on our TV but in fuzzyvision. 📺

Epic Movie, guess this was the same spoof genre as Scary Movie. Was killing time as my car was in the shop and the dollar theater was down the road.

Not even remotely funny, left maybe 30 mins in and opted to sit in the shop lobby on a 90 degree day.

Add me to the list of posters who are deeply offended at this post, which you surely intended to be read unironically.

Yikes. My parents never took me to an R rated movie and I'm kind of glad now after reading some of these comments. My only R rated experience was at a friend's house where they had the HBO antenna on their roof and it came thru channel 5 on their TVs. My next door neighbor also had one that we could pick up on our TV but in fuzzyvision. 📺
At ages 7 and 5-ish, my sister and I loved the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack and asked our parents to take us to see the movie in the theater. One rainy weekend afternoon, my mom sent my dad out to do just that. He did not realize that there were two theater cuts, one PG and one R. Guess which one he took us into.

When I was 13, I asked my mom to take us to see Revenge of the Nerds because I thought the trailer was funny. She did. It was definitely not the kind of movie to enjoy with your mom and your 11-year-old sister.

In neither case did we walk out, though.

First movie I walked out of was actually Fargo. I know, bad call and I've since watched it as well as every season of the series. But at the time I went to see that movie with my GF neither of us had left the south in years and it was our first exposure to that dialect and it was just to jarring for us, almost seemed like a bit, we could not believe people really talked that way and we could not take the movie seriously.

Other than that I can't recall leaving a movie early but if I was listing off the rentals or movies I watched at home and cut down early I'd venture to say 95% of my top 10 would be musicals.

Best movie ever made.
Sad but true story: I sat my 20 y.o. son down to watch the Godfather with me. He didn't like it, it was too slow moving for him.

Thanks a lot, Apple, social media, internet, and Obama. :thumbdown:

Best movie ever made.
Sad but true story: I sat my 20 y.o. son down to watch the Godfather with me. He didn't like it, it was too slow moving for him.

I literally just watched The Godfather again yesterday, for approximately the millionth time. Every time, I marvel at the fact that the wedding scene eats up the first 26 minutes of run-time, and it's 100% character development and world building. The ensuing sequence with Waltz and the horse head is also just an illustration of who the characters are what kind of world they inhabit, with little connection to the main plot of the film. Each of those sequences feels like they fly by in like 45 seconds because there's so much going on, but a lot of it stuff that a person might not pick up on the first time they see the movie. I could watch that wedding scene all by itself and enjoy it on its own terms, based solely on my knowledge of what happens next over the rest of the film.

It feels like every good movie made before 1980 is like this. They're slow, they let the story breathe a little as it develops, and they expect the viewer to pay attention instead of relying on exposition.

I was broken in early.

Gen X we went to R rated movies with our parents when they could not get the babysitter.

I saw Jaws at 5....5!!!!
I saw Midnight Express, and Animal House at 8 years old (and I did not get 70% of the jokes).
Alien at 9 years old.

Awesome memories.

Best movie ever made.

I literally just watched The Godfather again yesterday, for approximately the millionth time. Every time, I marvel at the fact that the wedding scene eats up the first 26 minutes of run-time, and it's 100% character development and world building. The ensuing sequence with Waltz and the horse head is also just an illustration of who the characters are what kind of world they inhabit, with little connection to the main plot of the film. Each of those sequences feels like they fly by in like 45 seconds because there's so much going on, but a lot of it stuff that a person might not pick up on the first time they see the movie. I could watch that wedding scene all by itself and enjoy it on its own terms, based solely on my knowledge of what happens next over the rest of the film.

It feels like every good movie made before 1980 is like this. They're slow, they let the story breathe a little as it develops, and they expect the viewer to pay attention instead of relying on exposition.
On this topic, I started Citizen Kane for the first time. My wife asked for me to turn it off after 25 minutes as it just seemed all over the place. Assuming you've seen Citizen Kane, is this the sort of world building you mention and something I should watch through and finish the movie?

Best movie ever made.

On this topic, I started Citizen Kane for the first time. My wife asked for me to turn it off after 25 minutes as it just seemed all over the place. Assuming you've seen Citizen Kane, is this the sort of world building you mention and something I should watch through and finish the movie?
It's been a while since I've seen Citizen Kane. TBH, I'm not a huge fan. I understand that the cinematography is amazing, but I just don't care about William Randolph Hurst, I know what Rosebud is, and every time I watch it I find myself going "Oh yeah, I remember that from The Simpsons" like half a dozen times. I will accept that this is a "me" thing and not a reflection of the film itself.

Best movie ever made.

It's crap. Walk out of it.

Godfather, Citizen Kane, The Third Man, all Kurasawa movies... Garbage.

Add me to the list of posters who are deeply offended at this post, which you surely intended to be read unironically.
My major problem here is that as soon as I heard Brando talking, I tapped out. Heinous movie.

The book was way better.

My major problem here is that as soon as I heard Brando talking, I tapped out. Heinous movie.

The book was way better.
The worst!
And don't get me started on that Pacino guy.

i have always figured that if i could sit through churchball and velocipastor i could sit through anything take that to the bank bromigos

one time gm made an eat off video where he went full brohan and was watching churchball and it was pretty much the best eat off video ever made im just sayin take that to the bank brochachos

Best movie ever made.

Agreed. And you know what came in 1981? MTV. Attention spans never recovered.

Users who are viewing this thread