What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will own pick 1.1? Chi. And then what? (1 Viewer)

Giants look awful all the way around. 54-0 this season and counting.
57-0 and Dimes just threw a pick. Giants are in the running for Caleb.
Didn't DJ just get a pretty big contract? How easy is it for them to get out of it?
I have to believe it's almost impossible to trade DJ. The cap hit would be monumental.
So IF the Giants get the first pick, would they take him and keep DJ as a backup? Or trade the pick for a king's ransom? (in your opinion)
My opinion: you trade the pick like the Bears did this year. You just have to make better decisions in the draft than Chicago (which isn't hard to do).
On the other hand, speaking of Chicago, they have the luxury of not having paid Fields yet, so they could possibly deal him and than take Caleb.

Cardinals made a hard U-turn at halftime after they remembered they were supposed to be tanking.
Yeah AZ are still in the lead still with their pick and Houston's also
Bears rooting for the Saints tonight
Denver is a dark horse (pun intended) candidate with 2 home losses to not great teams.
Cincy only in the instance that Burrow is hurt worse and has to sit a long stretch

Some games of note
Denver @ Chi wk 4 and Den @ Hou wk 13 may have some influence on this
Arizona also goes to Chicago wk 16 and to Houston wk 11
Houston @ Carolina wk 8
*Cin @ AZ wk 5 and Hou @ Cin wk 10

Cardinals made a hard U-turn at halftime after they remembered they were supposed to be tanking.
Yeah AZ are still in the lead still with their pick and Houston's also
Bears rooting for the Saints tonight
Denver is a dark horse (pun intended) candidate with 2 home losses to not great teams.
Cincy only in the instance that Burrow is hurt worse and has to sit a long stretch

Some games of note
Denver @ Chi wk 4 and Den @ Hou wk 13 may have some influence on this
Arizona also goes to Chicago wk 16 and to Houston wk 11
Houston @ Carolina wk 8
*Cin @ AZ wk 5 and Hou @ Cin wk 10
Well now, Chicago has entered the picture and with 2 picks as well...
Tankathon

Last edited:
Chicago slides into the lead handily as they and their buddies in Carolina both go to 0-3 and look dreadful.

Denver gives up 70 points in south beach and is in the race at 0-3 also.

Arizona takes a huge equity dive when they and Houston both pull off massive week 3 upsets over Dallas and Jax respectively.

Vikings (0-3) could trade Cousins and make some noise here.

Bengals (0-2) could rest or reinsure their $275MM man and stay bad.

Chicago slides into the lead handily as they and their buddies in Carolina both go to 0-3 and look dreadful.

Denver gives up 70 points in south beach and is in the race at 0-3 also.

Arizona takes a huge equity dive when they and Houston both pull off massive week 3 upsets over Dallas and Jax respectively.

Vikings (0-3) could trade Cousins and make some noise here.

Bengals (0-2) could rest or reinsure their $275MM man and stay bad.
Honestly, I think its very possible the Bears have the top-2 picks.

Nobody has considered just how bad the Jets are or how hard their schedule is, have they?

I mean, they're bad, guys. Like really, really bad. Decent enough on defense, but not by enough to overcome that offensive performance.

Nobody has considered just how bad the Jets are or how hard their schedule is, have they?

I mean, they're bad, guys. Like really, really bad. Decent enough on defense, but not by enough to overcome that offensive performance.
I'd put the Jets -6.5 on a neutral field against the Bears.

I'd put the Jets -6.5 on a neutral field against the Bears.

Wow. Yeah, the Bears are bad, but once they give up the charade of Fields as a pocket passer and he just starts tucking and running, they'll at least score 14-17 points a game. I'm remembering a time in my youth when Fields was helping that offense score upwards of thirty points and such. Oh yeah, that was just last year.

Anyway, point taken. The Bears are bad. If Bryce Young stays on the sidelines, though, Carolina also might win something somewhere along the way.

I think the race for the bottom will depend a lot on each team's schedule, and the Jets have a brutal one. If we can lose the grudge match against Denver, we can really go places!

KC pulling its starters midway through the 3rd is the only reason the Bears aren't statistically the worst Offense and Defense in the NFL.

1. Chicago...unless they continue to roll up losses, don't think they will finish No 1
2. Denver...their schedule gets a lot easier over coming weeks and I expect them win, Payton not right coach for rookie QBs
3. Minnesota....too much talent to not eventually win a few games, no way they lose 15-16 games to secure No 1
4. Carolina...They have a chance to be front runners BUT they've already shipped this to Chicago who could accumulate 2 Top 3-5 picks, then trade them away
5. Cincinnati...They have about zero interest in the No 1 pick of the Draft for a QB, my guess is in a month we won't see them around this area.

Given the Vikes historic track record visiting Chicago, and even to a lesser extent playing them at home with a better team, they are very capable of losing to the Bears twice this season.

The Broncos are laying 3 on the road against the Bears. That says it all. Bears should have two top 5 pick in 2024, and if it's not the Bears at #1 they will have the ammo to get their if they choose. Fields has an elite skillset with the football mind of a futbol player. I've seen enough. Let him play out the season, trade him if you can, keep your coaches. The season is done. Fix it next year.

1. Chicago...unless they continue to roll up losses, don't think they will finish No 1
2. Denver...their schedule gets a lot easier over coming weeks and I expect them win, Payton not right coach for rookie QBs
3. Minnesota....too much talent to not eventually win a few games, no way they lose 15-16 games to secure No 1
4. Carolina...They have a chance to be front runners BUT they've already shipped this to Chicago who could accumulate 2 Top 3-5 picks, then trade them away
5. Cincinnati...They have about zero interest in the No 1 pick of the Draft for a QB, my guess is in a month we won't see them around this area.
Steelers conference championship game loser :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There's no chance Cincy or Minn challenge for the top pick. Too much talent on those teams. I think the top 5 picks will be, in some order, Chicago's 2 picks, Arizona's 2 picks, and Tennessee.

Chicago will end up with either Caleb or Drake Maye with one of their picks and maybe a top WR with the other, and that trade down will look really good.

It's Chicago, Carolina, Arizona or Tennessee for me still.
While I think the coaching and defense are too good to get the #1 pick, I expect Tannehill to get benched soon and the Titans to trade Henry if anyone will take him. This is a rebuilding team that didn’t want to admit they were rebuilding in the off-season when they signed Hopkins. Houston and Indy are better than expected, I suspect the Titans could finish 4th in the division and end up with a top 10 pick pretty easily.

There's no chance Cincy or Minn challenge for the top pick. Too much talent on those teams. I think the top 5 picks will be, in some order, Chicago's 2 picks, Arizona's 2 picks, and Tennessee.

Chicago will end up with either Caleb or Drake Maye with one of their picks and maybe a top WR with the other, and that trade down will look really good.
I don’t think Minnesota could get the #1 pick realistically because they play Carolina this week, Chicago twice, and Denver. BUT, if they somehow lose to Carolina I could see them benching or trading Cousins for peanuts. They would be 0-4 and their season would be finished. I’ve talked about this a lot, but I have expected a new QB in Minnesota next year for quite some time and it’s almost a guarantee at this point. A new QB with below average RBs, below average O line right now and one of the top 5 worst defenses is not winning many games.

Kyler to start week 10 and may push AZ out of the lead and send it back over the Bears and their 2 high picks and the newly minted bottom tier teams NE and NYG. Car @ Chi on Thursday gets another W to one of those 2 barring a tie lol.

Drake Maye
He sure does pass the eye test, doesn't he?
He could go before Williams, just as Stroud should have gone before Young.
There's always a discussion spurred by talking heads and disinformation campaigns, and there will be a Caleb vs Drake discussion but Caleb is going #1. It's written. You don't pass on someone that looks a lot like Patrick Mahomes, you just don't. Regardless of your thoughts, Caleb will be #1 with the exception of injury.

Caleb is the rare homerun swing that's also the conservative play as a GM. Young over Stroud/Richardson happened because of the conservative nature of the NFL. It's a me too league where no one really wants to challenge the status quo. You will earn a paycheck longer if Caleb busts vs taking Drake before Caleb and having Drake bust. Most of these bad teams' coaches and GM's are already in self preservation mode, so asking them to think outside the box is asking too much.

For the record, I believe Caleb has a higher ceiling than Drake although I do believe this is one of the rare circumstances where both the 1 and 2 end up having good seasons (like Luck and RGIII).

Bears have the 2 game lead over NE and AZ with 4/5 to go. There are 7 teams with 3 or 4 wins so a big battle for rights to Drake Maye and MHJ and possibly a couple others

This is why you can't give up the farm to draft anyone. CAR could have stayed where they were and they'd be getting Caleb WIlliams or Drake Maye at pick 1.1 this year. And have all those other picks to build a team. I love taking a chance on QBs in the draft. If one works out the franchise can go bad to great quickly. But giving up picks isn't necessary to do it. WAS did the same with RG3. If K Cousins hadn't been there it would have totally fallen apart.

CAR gave up a 2023 first-round (No. 9) and second-round (61) picks, their 2024 first-round pick and receiver DJ Moore (their 2018 first-rounder) . For what? Bryce Young. Uggh. Could have stayed at 9 and gotten Jalen Carter, then a QB this year.

It's amazing how dumb some GMs/owners are.

This is why you can't give up the farm to draft anyone. CAR could have stayed where they were and they'd be getting Caleb WIlliams or Drake Maye at pick 1.1 this year. And have all those other picks to build a team. I love taking a chance on QBs in the draft. If one works out the franchise can go bad to great quickly. But giving up picks isn't necessary to do it. WAS did the same with RG3. If K Cousins hadn't been there it would have totally fallen apart.

CAR gave up a 2023 first-round (No. 9) and second-round (61) picks, their 2024 first-round pick and receiver DJ Moore (their 2018 first-rounder) . For what? Bryce Young. Uggh. Could have stayed at 9 and gotten Jalen Carter, then a QB this year.

Yeah Caleb Williams, Jalen Carter, and DJ Moore for Bryce Young seems like a franchise ruiner

well it worked out for Houston...

Yeah Caleb Williams, Jalen Carter, and DJ Moore for Bryce Young seems like a franchise ruiner
I think the Bears will take M. Harrison Jr.

No way, in a different draft possible but if they decide to go with Fields someone will trade an absurd amount to get to 1

No way, in a different draft possible but if they decide to go with Fields someone will trade an absurd amount to get to 1
That may happen but they won't be taking Caleb. I think they are going to stick with Fields, right or wrong.

Everyone loves MHJR and rightly so as he looks like a great player.......but someone will grab Malik Nabers 10-15 picks further back and get an absolute stud.
Whoever gets Odunze a pick or two after Nabers will be laughing all the way to the bank. This QB/WR class has so much potential. The NFL needs an infusion of talent like this. Bad bad football this year.

Don't understand this comment. HOU didn't trade up to get CJ Stroud. That was their own pick.

They traded up to get Will Anderson Jr. And since he's not a QB they paid a lower price to move up. Someone will have to tell me if Will anderson is worth a 2023 12th and 33rd pick + 2024 approx 15th pick. I don't watch enough of HOU but I doubt it. Those picks ended up being Jaymr Gibbs and Will Levis. And since they didn't need another QB, it was really Sam LaPorta the next pick after that, So essentially HOU got Will Anderson for Jamyr Gibbs, Sam LaPorta, and this years 15th pick. Seems like a bad deal for HOU.

Last edited:

Don't understand this comment. HOU didn't trade up to get CJ Stroud. That was their own pick.

They traded up to get Will Anderson Jr. And since he's not a QB they paid a lower price to move up. Someone will have to tell me if Will anderson is worth a 2023 12th and 33rd pick + 2024 approx 15th pick. I don't watch enough of HOU but I doubt it. Those picks ended up being Jaymr Gibbs and Will Levis. And since they didn't need another QB, it was really Sam LaPorta the next pick after that, So essentially HOU got Will Anderson for Jamyr Gibbs, Sam LaPorta, and this years 15th pick. Seems like a bad deal for HOU.

I think there's another way to look at it. The picks were back to back. Perhaps Houston didn't know whether they would be able to trade up to 1.03, but I think they likely had a deal in place. If they knew all along they would have both picks, then it makes more sense to say they drafted Anderson at the 1.02 and traded up to take Stroud, even if, technically, that's not what happened. They wanted both guys; the first guy they took was the one most important to them; the trade ensured they got both.

I think there's another way to look at it. The picks were back to back. Perhaps Houston didn't know whether they would be able to trade up to 1.03, but I think they likely had a deal in place. If they knew all along they would have both picks, then it makes more sense to say they drafted Anderson at the 1.02 and traded up to take Stroud, even if, technically, that's not what happened. They wanted both guys; the first guy they took was the one most important to them; the trade ensured they got both.

Probably true

Are we really sure that Caleb Williams isn't just another Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart? he's a turnover factory, throws too many ints I wasn't that impressed watching him play this year.
Penix has that 'it' factor, imo. he's unflappable. not a big believer in USC QBs in the NFL last 20 years or so. too much risk that high in the draft to pick the next USC QB flop

Users who are viewing this thread