What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Ja'Marr Chase, CIN (1 Viewer)

I'm hearing "on crutches" for "precaution," and I do sort of a spit-take. If he's on crutches, doesn't that mean that simply walking might make it worse? Why crutches if walking won't make it worse?

This sounds serious. I'm not optimistic at all after hearing that.

I'm hearing "on crutches" for "precaution," and I do sort of a spit-take. If he's on crutches, doesn't that mean that simply walking might make it worse? Why crutches if walking won't make it worse?

This sounds serious. I'm not optimistic at all after hearing that.
Exactly

Reading blurbs that Cinci is hoping for next week against TN. Find that a bit unrealistic since he's still on crutches.

Have playoff ready teams trying to get Chase from me for 30 cents on the dollar. Hard to get a read on his value now.

Really?

JA'MARR CHASEWR, CINCINNATI BENGALS
Ja%27Marr_Chase_1109979.jpg

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Bengals are "hopeful" Ja'Marr Chase (hip) will return in Week 12.​

"Chase continues to rehab, so there's no definitive plan there yet, but the people I've talked to have circled that game as a potential relaunch for Chase," Fowler added. Chase hasn't played since Week 8 with the hip issue, and was seen recently walking without crutches in the Bengals facility. A Week 12 return against a beatable Tennessee secondary would be a welcomed development for Chase drafters who have managed to keep their seasons afloat without their first round pick. After a spotty start to the 2022 season, Chase saw 33 targets in the three games before his hip injury. He'll resume his WR1 status if he returns to a full complement of routes in Week 12.

This smells a situation where Chase comes back too early and aggravates the injury. And he could be just a decoy allowing Higgins and Boyd to run wild.

Would rather see Chase return around Week 14. This was expected to be a 6 week injury.

This smells a situation where Chase comes back too early and aggravates the injury. And he could be just a decoy allowing Higgins and Boyd to run wild.

Would rather see Chase return around Week 14. This was expected to be a 6 week injury.
This smells like Mixon's injury from 2020 that he was to return in 2 weeks for the rest of the season.

This smells like Mixon's injury from 2020 that he was to return in 2 weeks for the rest of the season.
They have far more incentive to bring Chase back this year than they did Mixon that year. Pretty big difference.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Ja'Marr Chase is off crutches and has "a chance" to play in Week 12 against the Titans.​

Rapoport noted Chase is expected to return to practice next week. Chase was first listed with the hip issue on the injury report in Week 7. He played through it once but has been inactive since Week 8. Despite Rapoport's optimism, it wouldn't be surprising to see the Bengals hold chase out an extra week to ensure the issue doesn't come up again. Until he returns, Tee Higgins will check in as a high-end WR2, with Tyler Boyd offering some WR3 potential.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Nov 20, 2022, 10:04 AM ET

Bengals coach Zac Taylor was non-committal on Ja'Marr Chase (hip) returning in Week 12.​

The good news is Taylor said the Bengals would begin working Chase back into practice, adding "it truly is a day-to-day situation". The Bengals No. 1 receiver has been sidelined with a hip injury since Week 7, but recently shed the crutches he had been seen using around team facilities. We'll likely know more about Chase's situation by Wednesday when the team releases its first injury report of the week. If he's able to suit up, he'll be a fringe WR1 play against the Titans.
Nov 21, 2022, 3:05 PM ET

Joe Burrow said he expects Ja'Marr Chase (hip) to play in Week 12 against the Titans.​

The Bengals have long looked to Week 12 as a potential return date for Chase, who injured his hip in Week 7 against Atlanta. Chase had been on a hot streak, going for 262 yards on 15 catches in the two games before his injury. He'll be an elite fantasy option if he gets a full complement of routes against Tennessee, a pass-funnel defense. Tee Higgins' upside would take a hit with Chase back in the fold. Higgins should remain a locked-in WR2 in all formats.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ben Baby on Twitter
Nov 23, 2022, 12:24 PM ET

Joe Burrow said he expects Ja'Marr Chase (hip) to play in Week 12 against the Titans.​

The Bengals have long looked to Week 12 as a potential return date for Chase, who injured his hip in Week 7 against Atlanta. Chase had been on a hot streak, going for 262 yards on 15 catches in the two games before his injury. He'll be an elite fantasy option if he gets a full complement of routes against Tennessee, a pass-funnel defense. Tee Higgins' upside would take a hit with Chase back in the fold. Higgins should remain a locked-in WR2 in all formats.
RELATED:
But he didn't practice.

I don't get this situation at all.

I must not understand the nature of the injury but how does one come off crutches, not really practice, and his QB expects him to play?

RELATED:
But he didn't practice.

I must not understand the nature of the injury but how does one come off crutches, not really practice, and his QB expects him to play?
100% agree. It feels like they are rushing him back which I do not like. I assume they know more than I do though…

RELATED:
But he didn't practice.

Keep in mind this is Joe Burrow that claims to be expecting Chase back. One school of thought might say that QB-speak is more trustworthy than coachspeak, but I'm pretty sure it's significantly less.

RELATED:
But he didn't practice.

100% agree. It feels like they are rushing him back which I do not like. I assume they know more than I do though…
Almost feels like the Mike Williams rush to get back strategy. We know how that turned out on Sunday night.

He is going to require surgery in the offseason for this injury.

So while he will be coming back, he could very easily be going back out with the same injury.
There is no guarantee he will last the rest of the season healthy with this injury
He will not be 100% so who knows how he will look

So while he will be coming back, he could very easily be going back out with the same injury.
There is no guarantee he will last the rest of the season healthy with this injury
Did they confirm he'll need surgery and the exact nature of the injury?

Where are you guys coming up with this stuff? Seriously, what makes you think this? What details do you have that the no one else does?

And just exactly how do you perform surgery on a hip fracture? With fractures, you let them heal on their own. If surgery was needed to be done that means a) the injury was much worse and different than first reported and b) it would have been done already.

Where are you guys coming up with this stuff? Seriously, what makes you think this? What details do you have that the no one else does?

And just exactly how do you perform surgery on a hip fracture? With fractures, you let them heal on their own. If surgery was needed to be done that means a) the injury was much worse and different than first reported and b) it would have been done already.
Or, if it doesn't heal quite right on its own there might be surgery needed to fix it (my wife just went through that with her foot). But I agree - if he didn't need surgery up to now, then it's a good chance that it's just a matter of allowing the bone to heal.

How do you know this? Do you have a link from the team indicating this? If no, then why would you post this?

Ja'Marr Chase (hip) is questionable for Week 12 against the Titans.​

Bengals head coach Zac Taylor seemed pleased with Chase's practice participation as he prepares to return from a three-week hip injury. Against a pass-funnel Titans defense, Chase should have plenty of fantasy upside if he runs a full complement of routes. His return to the lineup will make Tee Higgins more of a WR2 option than the elite play he has been in recent weeks.
SOURCE: Geoff Hobson on Twitter
Nov 25, 2022, 12:54 PM ET

The Titans are the second best run D and fourth worst pass D IIRC.
I don't see a big need for Chase this week. I think if he plays it's here n there and not full.

The game is going to be Bengals can't stop Henry and Titans can't stop Burrow

If Chase plays, I feel you have to play him. Even though he probably will be limited and not likely to do much. I'll take Christian Watson out for him if Chase is active. Because you just have to.

If Chase plays, I feel you have to play him. Even though he probably will be limited and not likely to do much. I'll take Christian Watson out for him if Chase is active. Because you just have to.
I need to win but if he plays I am going start him instead of Pickens even though I suspect he will be just a decoy. If I lose because of that it will likely end my slim playoff hopes.

Chase was playing with the injury the last time he played and scoring TD's with it. So I don't understand why people think he is going to be a decoy if he is out on the field he is out to ball. Sit at your own risk. A little different then Mike Williams injury as a high ankle sprain is easily aggravated as we seen. Wheels up!

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Bengals WR Ja'Marr Chase (questionable, hip) is a game-time decision for Week 12 against the Titans.​

Chase's status is "up in the air" after returning to limited practice this week. The Bengals, who didn't place Chase on IR, have been targeting Week 12 as his return. It's possible Chase won't have a full workload if he's active after missing the last three games. Even at less than 100 percent and facing a snap count, the Titans' pass defense is a favorable matchup if Chase plays.
SOURCE: ESPN
Nov 26, 2022, 10:01 AM ET

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Bengals WR Ja'Marr Chase (questionable, hip) is a game-time decision for Week 12 against the Titans.​

Chase's status is "up in the air" after returning to limited practice this week. The Bengals, who didn't place Chase on IR, have been targeting Week 12 as his return. It's possible Chase won't have a full workload if he's active after missing the last three games. Even at less than 100 percent and facing a snap count, the Titans' pass defense is a favorable matchup if Chase plays.

Wonder if Z. Taylor is just being cute here and Chase is good to go. Keeping TN in the dark.

Any chatter of "pitch count" would have me concerned. Would love to start Chase, but could pivot to a healthy Aiyuk.

Wonder if Z. Taylor is just being cute here and Chase is good to go. Keeping TN in the dark.

Any chatter of "pitch count" would have me concerned. Would love to start Chase, but could pivot to a healthy Aiyuk.
Seems like he’s out

Seems like he’s out

Well, that sucks. Hoping for him to get back up to speed in time for playoffs. Sure hope he's back next week.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Bengals WR Ja'Marr Chase (hip) is expected to play in Week 13 against the Chiefs.​

Chase was close to being able to return against the Titans but was ultimately ruled out before the game. The plan is now for him to suit up against the Chiefs. His practice status will be important to monitor, as it should provide an indication of how close to a full role Chase can be expected to have in Week 13.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Nov 28, 2022, 11:04 AM ET

Add one more reason why I hate Thursday night games. I want to slot Chase in at WR if he does play this week but my only other viable option is Meyers who plays tonight. Sigh....Meyers it is...

Ja'Marr Chase (hip) was limited in Thursday's practice.​

That makes back-to-back limited sessions. Chase spoke extensively with the media Wednesday, in a sign that he'll likely be up for Sunday's game against the Chiefs. “We are going to see how I feel later in the week, but I am expecting to take some (game) reps,” Chase told reporters yesterday. “I felt good moving around finally picking up speed running in a straight line, finally got some cuts in at the end of the week. I felt good.” He looks to be trending up, but could be on a pitch count against the Chiefs. That possibility might move him closer to the low-end WR1 line, but you're not sitting Chase if he starts in season-long leagues.
Dec 1, 2022, 4:29 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread