What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You vs. Verne (1 Viewer)

That's just one Vern trying to lift what amounts to another Vern.  3 or 4 Verns?  I maintain they've got enough gumption to be able to pull back a giant slingshot to launch a single Vern.
Not even.  Butterball doesn't even sell turkeys that weigh as much as Troyer.

Not even.  Butterball doesn't even sell turkeys that weigh as much as Troyer.
Fine.  What if the unlimited Vernes are given two of these Verns to act as anchor points?

Honestly, it shouldn't be necessary.  With "unlimited Vernes", at some point you've got enough to be able to support a Vernapult.

Last edited by a moderator:
See, that would completely change things.
As I said....shouldn't be needed with unlimited Vernes.  As long as the amount of Vernes needed to fabricate/support a Vernapult doesn't exceed the critical mass of Vernes(whatever that might be), at some point there will be a sufficient number of Vernes to make it doable.

Although, I suppose you could argue it may take more than the cage could contain.  I'd probably disagree with that though.

As I said....shouldn't be needed with unlimited Vernes.  As long as the amount of Vernes needed to fabricate/support a Vernapult doesn't exceed the critical mass of Vernes(whatever that might be), at some point there will be a sufficient number of Vernes to make it doable.
And I'm saying, that Vernes are in the unfortunate physical condition of being unable to support another Verne.  His physical disabilities make it so that he can barely support himself.  I think if you put another Verne on a Verne, it would break bones.

Now, if you're willing to sacrifice the bottom Vernes, you could probably just build a pile of deceased Vernes, but I can't imagine they'd fight well on a pile of dead bodies.

And I'm saying, that Vernes are in the unfortunate physical condition of being unable to support another Verne.  His physical disabilities make it so that he can barely support himself.  I think if you put another Verne on a Verne, it would break bones.

Now, if you're willing to sacrifice the bottom Vernes, you could probably just build a pile of deceased Vernes, but I can't imagine they'd fight well on a pile of dead bodies.
One Verne isn't supporting one Verne though, in my hypothetical.  It's 3-4 Vernes supporting one Verne, then maybe two other Vernes(more if needed) pull yet another Verne back in some kind of "baby bjorn" that's connected to a couple of giant rubber bands. 

I'm not arguing that they could "fight" anyone.  I'm arguing that the Vernes could use other Vernes as projectiles to, potentially, take out an adversary that decided he'd get cute and climb to the top of the cage.

Hilts said:
How many Verne Troyer clones could you take on in a cage match? No weapons. As @Henry Fordpointed out, since they can't run their ability to bumrush you is severely limited. I think once you get to a dozen of these guys you start having problems. 

One Verne isn't supporting one Verne though, in my hypothetical.  It's 3-4 Vernes supporting one Verne, then maybe two other Vernes(more if needed) pull yet another Verne back in some kind of "baby bjorn" that's connected to a couple of giant rubber bands. 

I'm not arguing that they could "fight" anyone.  I'm arguing that the Vernes could use other Vernes as projectiles to, potentially, take out an adversary that decided he'd get cute and climb to the top of the cage.
If he can't pick up a turkey, he can't throw a Verne.  And if he gets a weapon, I want a weapon.

If he can't pick up a turkey, he can't throw a Verne.  And if he gets a weapon, I want a weapon.
He isn't throwing them though.  The "Vernapult" is.  "Modern design!!"/ballistics/physics are throwing them, etc, etc.  I feel like I need to do a schematic here.

Fine, you also get two giant rubber bands.

Rather than give them a weapon, they could just harvest the bodies of other deceased Vernes for ligaments that they'd combine to make a big elastic cable for the Vernapult.

A couple things to think about here...

1) It's sorta been mentioned, but even if you let a Verne hit you as hard as he could, it's not going to hurt.  Haven't you wrestled with your nephews or kids?  50-55 lbs just doesn't have enough muscle or force to pack anything behind a punch.

2) Remember that Verne's legs are like 8 inches long.  They have no balance at all.  You could topple like 8 of them over like bowling pins with little effort. 

I think I could take on 30 Vernes.

How about on a hockey rink, with you on skates with a hockey stick, and instead of a goal it's a giant meat grinder?  Would the infinite Vernes eventually be able to push you into the meat grinder?

Sinn Fein said:
Wiki lists him at 35lb

Height

2 ft 8 in (81 cm)

Weight

35 lb (16 kg)
I feel this should be a unit of measurement. 

That would mean there are about 57 Vernes in a ton. That's a lot of weight to kick down and would wear you down in a hurry. 

How about on a hockey rink, with you on skates with a hockey stick, and instead of a goal it's a giant meat grinder?  Would the infinite Vernes eventually be able to push you into the meat grinder?
I'd rather see a baseball game. Vernes strike zone is tight.

Present day Vernes, or Vernes at the very physical peak of Verneness, whenever that may have been. 
Good question, because I think some of you are forgetting the "Mini Me" era Verne. He was a biting, snarling ferocious little dude. All one Verne needs to do is take a chunk out of your Achilles and you're going down and getting swarmed by the rest. Is your tetanus shot up to date? Because you don't know where this dude's choppers have been. Tetanus might be the least of your worries.

Who would score more?

a baseball team of Vernes vs pro team

a hockey team of Vernes vs pro team

Who would score more?

a baseball team of Vernes vs pro team

a hockey team of Vernes vs pro team
They'd probably both get shut out, but of the two gotta go hockey by default. Can't see a good pitcher giving up 5 walks in a row no matter how tiny that strike zone is, and they'd never run out an infield hit. Might get a lucky fluke goal somehow. 

Good question, because I think some of you are forgetting the "Mini Me" era Verne. He was a biting, snarling ferocious little dude. All one Verne needs to do is take a chunk out of your Achilles and you're going down and getting swarmed by the rest. Is your tetanus shot up to date? Because you don't know where this dude's choppers have been. Tetanus might be the least of your worries.
Don't feed him chocolate. It's equivalent to anabolic steroids for him.

Users who are viewing this thread