What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (6 Viewers)

amazon commercial where wuss dad drops wuss kid off at kindergarten , then stares thru window as wuss kid mopes, then buys him a superman outfit so he can be popular.

I want to punch all of them in the neck.
Paired with some absolutely god-awful song/music, if you can call it that. Terrible.

amazon commercial where wuss dad drops wuss kid off at kindergarten , then stares thru window as wuss kid mopes, then buys him a superman outfit so he can be popular.

I want to punch all of them in the neck.
Home mom is eating that sh!t up

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree for the most part, but the line "Yeah, and you got a really steep driveway!" cracks me up for some reason.
I like how he can't find his gigantic red 1970s RV without chirping his security system while scanning the lot.  Oh, there you are!  

The stupid one that shows all those people at parties and get togethers trying that Samsung VR thing.  

link

It's not so much the people "trying" it, but more the fake reactions of the people watching them try it.  So dumb.  The guy with the big beard at 38 sec takes the cake.

The stupid one that shows all those people at parties and get togethers trying that Samsung VR thing.  

link

It's not so much the people "trying" it, but more the fake reactions of the people watching them try it.  So dumb.  The guy with the big beard at 38 sec takes the cake.
Or crying from the experience.  :X

McGarnicle said:
"Chocolate diamonds" just have poor coloring and were used for industrial applications until some marketing genius came up with the idea of selling diarrhea-colored gems to stupid American consumers, right? Please tell me they're 1/4 the price of clear diamonds.
As a jeweler myself--I believe the term "chocolate diamond" is actually trademarked to a pretty famous jewelry brand named "Levian".  They essentially took what is referred to as a brown/champagne/cognac diamond and have marketed them using a more catchy name.  A quality brown diamond is priced at a fraction of the price of a quality white diamond assuming the size and clarities are comparable.    The resurgence of rose gold has contributed to the popularity of brown diamonds as of late--as the copper tone of rose gold tends to compliment the color of brown diamonds.   I'm personally not a huge fan of them--but the rose gold/brown diamond combination does work well on certain skin tones.  

As a side note--I do know that when diamond miners do find brown diamonds in the earth--they get excited as many of the conditions required for the earth to create a natural pink diamond are the same as what is required for the earth to create a brown diamond.   The Argyle mines in Australia are solid producers of both brown and pink diamonds.  

In regards to industrial applications--I don't know if that is completely accurate.   Less than 1 percent of diamonds that are mined are what are known as gem quality--and this includes commercial gem quality.   Even before brown diamonds were marketed as chocolate diamonds--one with commercial jewelry grade clarity would have far more value per carat than stuff that is used for industrial uses (saw blades, drill bits...etc)

Is that Jason Witten Geico commercial supposed to be a joke? The space between the 8 and 2 on his shirt makes my blood boil. 
I was thinking about that when I saw it a few days ago.  

I convinced myself it was done by the art director that had never seen any "sports game."

8   2

The Chevy "real people, not actors" spots are the reason that we have DVRs. No words can describe the dumb@$$ery of a massive, global company that continues to roll these out like an assembly line. 

Microsoft doing their best to keep pace w/ the Surface commercials. The jerkhole signing along on the Surface ads here are in the medal contention. 

The Chevy "real people, not actors" spots are the reason that we have DVRs. No words can describe the dumb@$$ery of a massive, global company that continues to roll these out like an assembly line. 

Microsoft doing their best to keep pace w/ the Surface commercials. The jerkhole signing along on the Surface ads here are in the medal contention. 
Those chevy commercials are the dumbest #### I've ever seen. ####### hate them.

The iPhone commercial where the old man goes off the diving board is ridiculous.

• Don't lay in the sun with your phone on your chest.
  • Looks at the underage girl next to him.  She doesn't care.
  • Pumping up your music around that many people is incredibly rude.
  • Handing your sunglasses to some little girl?  Um, sure.
  • The dive wasn't great.  Hell, he even splashed all the way over to his own table.
That old man is a #### and he paid way too much for an overrated device.

The iPhone commercial where the old man goes off the diving board is ridiculous.

• Don't lay in the sun with your phone on your chest.
  • Looks at the underage girl next to him.  She doesn't care.
  • Pumping up your music around that many people is incredibly rude.
  • Handing your sunglasses to some little girl?  Um, sure.
  • The dive wasn't great.  Hell, he even splashed all the way over to his own table.
That old man is a #### and he paid way too much for an overrated device.
The first two times I saw this ad the underage girl was prominently featured.  But in the next 7 or 8 viewings she was deemphasized so much that I thought that Apple had taken some flak for it.  Wrong.  She was back on display the last time I saw it.

Christmas is over but they continue to air these silly luxury car commercials where the parents use their kids to extort a new car out of Santa.  Stop it!  
Just saw that one (football game).  I was thinking back to when Lexus started this horse #### about giving cars for Christmas.  

$50K+ Christmas gifts???  Who does this??  

Do people really tell themselves they "deserve" a $50K+ gift at Christmas?  Or expect their spouse to give them something like that for Christmas?

wtf ...

Binky The Doormat said:
Just saw that one (football game).  I was thinking back to when Lexus started this horse #### about giving cars for Christmas.  

$50K+ Christmas gifts???  Who does this??  

Do people really tell themselves they "deserve" a $50K+ gift at Christmas?  Or expect their spouse to give them something like that for Christmas?

wtf ...
Wife showed me a picture on facebook of some couple that is friends of hers that bought each other new cars for Christmas. I told her in no uncertain terms to not to get her hopes up.

The AT&T long version of their new datafree TV thing has everybody in the book from Knight Rider to Cheers to Seinfeld...NBC must have gotten paid a ransom to run that commerical.

Users who are viewing this thread