What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (6 Viewers)

Nobody here has access to Treehouse? I dont think ive ever seen them mentioned in this thread...I'm dying to try their beer.

Got a nice haul in Chicago this weekend:

3F- Arctic Panzer, War Mullet, Backmasing, Space Station, Dreadnaught.

Half Acre- Anicca.

Pipewoeks- Ninja vs Unicorn, Game of Jones. Revolution- Bourbon barrel aged barleywine Straight Jacket and bourbon barrel aged milk stout Very Mad Cow.

Boulevard- Imperial Coffee Stout X.

4 Hands- Peanut Butter Cocolatle Milk Stout. Great Divide- Oak Aged Yeti.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boulder Strong Ale Fest was awesome on Saturday. The new Avery brewery is perfect for hosting beer festivals. They moved the brewery out a little bit farther from downtown Boulder, but they have so much more space now -- both indoor and outdoor. It was a beautiful, sunny 75 degree Colorado spring day with your choice of 112 different beers of 8+% ABV. Some of my favorite beers of the day included:

Avery LaStarya imperial stout with coffee, chocolate, and vanilla beans (17.1% ABV)

Avery Ian McKellen golden strong ale with lemon, lime, pink grapefruit, oroblanco, blood orange, and cumquats (12% ABV)

Avery Double Dry-Hopped Maharaja imperial IPA (10% ABV)

Comrade Quit Stalin Russian imperial stout (11% ABV)

Deschutes the Abyss imperial stout aged in bourbon, oak, and pinot noir barrels(11% ABV)

Dry Dock Bligh's Barleywine aged in whiskey barrels (9% ABV)

Elevation False Summit quadruple aged in bourbon barrels (11.7% ABV)

Firestone Walker Velvet Merkin imperial oatmeal stout aged in bourbon barrels (9% ABV)

Gravity Barrel-Aged Mendacious Belgan golden strong ale aged in rum and red wine barrels (8.1% ABV)

Great Divide Yeti imperial stout aged in whiskey barrels (12.5% ABV)

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout (14% ABV)

Horse & Dragon Rum Barrel-Aged Coconut Porter (9.3% ABV)

Lost Abbey Track #8 quadruple aged in bourbon barrels with cinnamon and dried chiles (13.7% ABV)

New Belgium Blackberry Barleywine (12% ABV)

Powder Keg Pride of Palisade imperial saison with Palisade peaches (8.5% ABV)

River North Barrel-Aged Avarice aged in whiskey barrels (11.5% ABV)

Boulder Strong Ale Fest was awesome on Saturday. The new Avery brewery is perfect for hosting beer festivals. They moved the brewery out a little bit farther from downtown Boulder, but they have so much more space now -- both indoor and outdoor. It was a beautiful, sunny 75 degree Colorado spring day with your choice of 112 different beers of 8+% ABV. Some of my favorite beers of the day included:

Avery LaStarya imperial stout with coffee, chocolate, and vanilla beans (17.1% ABV)

Avery Ian McKellen golden strong ale with lemon, lime, pink grapefruit, oroblanco, blood orange, and cumquats (12% ABV)

Avery Double Dry-Hopped Maharaja imperial IPA (10% ABV)

Comrade Quit Stalin Russian imperial stout (11% ABV)

Deschutes the Abyss imperial stout aged in bourbon, oak, and pinot noir barrels(11% ABV)

Dry Dock Bligh's Barleywine aged in whiskey barrels (9% ABV)

Elevation False Summit quadruple aged in bourbon barrels (11.7% ABV)

Firestone Walker Velvet Merkin imperial oatmeal stout aged in bourbon barrels (9% ABV)

Gravity Barrel-Aged Mendacious Belgan golden strong ale aged in rum and red wine barrels (8.1% ABV)

Great Divide Yeti imperial stout aged in whiskey barrels (12.5% ABV)

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout (14% ABV)

Horse & Dragon Rum Barrel-Aged Coconut Porter (9.3% ABV)

Lost Abbey Track #8 quadruple aged in bourbon barrels with cinnamon and dried chiles (13.7% ABV)

New Belgium Blackberry Barleywine (12% ABV)

Powder Keg Pride of Palisade imperial saison with Palisade peaches (8.5% ABV)

River North Barrel-Aged Avarice aged in whiskey barrels (11.5% ABV)
That sounds like very enjoyable time!

Wingnut said:
Holy crap I'd be out for 3 days if I drank half of that.
I was pretty proud of myself for managing to stay within brown out territory without going into full-blown black out mode. I credit my multi-pronged approach of (1) drinking lots of water, (2) eating lots of barbecue beforehand, (3) eating lots of pretzels during the festival; and (4) trying to somewhat pace myself.

Going to take a day or two off from beer. Not feeling great today...but man do I really want that Grouper and more Vallejo and some Space.

Going to take a day or two off from beer. Not feeling great today...but man do I really want that Grouper and more Vallejo and some Space.
A little too much Half Acre? Lol...I overdo it more than I care to admit. Dammit.

One of my all time favorite DIPAs, Ninja vs Unicorn. I hope someday PW starts distributing to Michigan.

New Belgium/Falling Rock/Star Bar Rockstar sour

Alpine Duet IPA

Great Divide Titan IPA

And some happy hour Coors Light.

Not Your Fathers Root Beer

Good stuff at 5.9%, goes down way to easy!!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24798/79976/
I had a chance to get some of that...I declined, and am regretting it now...have been hearing good things about it, and I think they have like a 10% version of it?
10% is draft only for now, and they also have made some stronger versions as well. They offered a 19% keg to the beer mgr where I get my beer at.

One of my all time favorite DIPAs, Ninja vs Unicorn. I hope someday PW starts distributing to Michigan.
That's a good one but in wish they'd make Unicorn Hits Rock Bottom again. My favorite PW beer so far.
That was excellent, it will be very interesting to see what cans they start rolling out. As well as how distributing to NY will affect Chicago.

I had a chance to get some of that...I declined, and am regretting it now...have been hearing good things about it, and I think they have like a 10% version of it?
10% is draft only for now, and they also have made some stronger versions as well. They offered a 19% keg to the beer mgr where I get my beer at.
I'm not in on this hard root beer craze. I don't drink hard lemonade either. I've had a hard ginger beer I thought was alright though. In general though, if I'm not drinking beer, I'll take a good cocktail or some straight hooch.

Sebowski said:
Hawks64 said:

I'm not in on this hard root beer craze. I don't drink hard lemonade either. I've had a hard ginger beer I thought was alright though. In general though, if I'm not drinking beer, I'll take a good cocktail or some straight hooch.
This tastes like rootbeer seriously. So if you like rootbeer it's great, wife loves the stuff. I have bought a bunch of it for her but haven't had any myself yet since it's so sweet.

Sebowski said:
Hawks64 said:

I kinda just want to try it. Three Palms in Tampa had some on tap recently, if they make it again I'll try itIf I'm not drinking beer I'm not drinking. Never touch liquor...well, a bloody Mary or a Caucasian once in a great great while but that's about it.

Oh, happy national beer day!!!!

Blind tasting of 116 american IPAs....and the winner is?

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/04/blind-tasting-116-of-the-best-american-ipas-we-hav.html

A lot of great beers not in the tasting, but a few surprising high finishers. Senita IPA at 13 - can't say I disagree, its one of the biggest surprises I've got while trading, just a great friggin beer.

Also surprising is Blind Pig not making the top 50...I haven't had it but know its highly rated...makes me wonder how I'd rank these beers in a blind tasting.

I've had 17 of the top 50 and 7 of the top 15...looks like I've got work to do!

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/04/blind-tasting-116-of-the-best-american-ipas-we-hav.html

A lot of great beers not in the tasting, but a few surprising high finishers. Senita IPA at 13 - can't say I disagree, its one of the biggest surprises I've got while trading, just a great friggin beer.

Also surprising is Blind Pig not making the top 50...I haven't had it but know its highly rated...makes me wonder how I'd rank these beers in a blind tasting.

If you like Senita wait till you try Vallejo, I think it's better. :thumbup: And I am still sick :kicksrock:

If you like Senita wait till you try Vallejo, I think it's better. :thumbup: And I am still sick :kicksrock:
I will find out soon enough! Get better GB!My 3 day weekend starts tomorrow (which happens to be my b-day), and I'll be kicking it off with some goodies from New England that should be arriving tomorrow!

I will find out soon enough! Get better GB!My 3 day weekend starts tomorrow (which happens to be my b-day), and I'll be kicking it off with some goodies from New England that should be arriving tomorrow!
Awesome! Yeah I am on the mend I think but it's killing me with all that super fresh beer in the fridge :( Happy early B-Day!

Hop Hunter SN

I know I've asked before with no response. But has anyone else tried this? It's my go to beer now at home. It's also a new way of getting fresh hops.

Ran across this list of best IPA's. Very well written. What I would of given to be a judge.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/04/blind-tasting-116-of-the-best-american-ipas-we-hav.html?a=1
I have had it. At first I wasn't overly impressed but when I had another one a couple days later for some reason I thought it was much better.

Vallejo is good ####.

Also,it was cool to see Wobble on that list. I was pleasantly impressed with that one.

Hop Hunter SN

I know I've asked before with no response. But has anyone else tried this? It's my go to beer now at home. It's also a new way of getting fresh hops.

Ran across this list of best IPA's. Very well written. What I would of given to be a judge.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/04/blind-tasting-116-of-the-best-american-ipas-we-hav.html?a=1
I have had it. At first I wasn't overly impressed but when I had another one a couple days later for some reason I thought it was much better.
Cool, To me it's a must to have in a glass. The smell is just like a hops room. So great.

Whoops missed your post. Anyone had #1 on the list?

Whoops missed your post. Anyone had #1 on the list?
Yeah, I always pick up some Brew Kettle White Rajah (as well as Black Rajah) when I am in Ohio visiting my mom. It is definitely a great IPA that I would recommend checking out.

ditka311 said:
Wooderson said:
Hop Hunter SN

I have had it from tap and bought a 6 pack. I don't know if this makes sense but something about it strikes me as oily. It also seems to give me a little indigestion after I drink it I have these litte hop burps. I don't have that with any other beers just kind of odd.

Back on point, I'm currently enjoying a keg of Over the Edge IPA from Unknown Brewing

Wooderson said:
Hop Hunter SN

Excellent IPA imo, particularly impressive given the price and availability.

Users who are viewing this thread