What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Return of the Desert Island Jukebox Draft - Drop in a quarter (8 Viewers)

Does this draft seem a bit lacking in energy to anyone else?  Lots of skips and long pauses, not much discussion.  I don’t think it’s due to lack of interest, but something seems off.   :(  
It’s like the early rounds of a boxing match. We’re tentatively feeling each other out (phrasing!) and the big blows will come later (more phrasing!)

Since everyone is using a different theme - and we don’t know what some of them are yet - there isn’t a lot of tension of “I hope no one takes this song before it gets to me.” If you’re drafting all from the same band or the same year or whatever, then there’s more scarcity and more tension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Mr R is working these oddball hours, we're just going to have to be on skip.  I'll try to pick as close to on time as I can, but he will likely be posting at night regardless.

But here's my third rounder:

Round 3  -  Havana  -  Camilla Cabello  -  2017
I know her, she's the one who sings with what's his name.

Also I don’t know who half the people on here anymore. We have so many people using an alias after PSF forays. Who is pip??

3.14 The Roots (featuring Cody ChesnuTT) - The Seed 2.0

Loved this thing back in college and I'm pretty sure we played it at a few gatherings/house parties we threw back then. It doubles as a great jukebox song anyway, but it's great for get togethers, etc... I don't think I know of anyone who doesn't dig this even a little bit. If you say you don't, you're probably maybe lying. ?uestlove's drums carry this thing on and ChesnuTT's vocals so smooth

@Val Rannous skip

@landrys hat otc
Just got this on record a few weeks ago. One of the songs was going to potentially be in the samples, but didn't make the cut. Yet.

3.16 We Got the Beat/Our Lips Are Sealed by The Go-Go's (1981) Double A sides

Belinda Carlisle :wub:
Brilliant single, brilliant album. One of my favorites of all-time.

Does this draft seem a bit lacking in energy to anyone else?  Lots of skips and long pauses, not much discussion.  I don’t think it’s due to lack of interest, but something seems off.   :(  
Weekend start was unusual, I think. That hasn't happened before. I've been in and out the past few days, admittedly, but that's a personal issue and not anything draft-related. (Nothing bad, I just don't want to get really into it.)

COVID update in keeping with the thread: California's got so many cases they just shut the personal services (salons) down in our area again. Scientists are baffled by the virus. News at eleven. 

Weekend start was unusual, I think. That hasn't happened before. I've been in and out the past few days, admittedly, but that's a personal issue and not anything draft-related. (Nothing bad, I just don't want to get really into it.)

COVID update in keeping with the thread: California's got so many cases they just shut the personal services (salons) down in our area again. Scientists are baffled by the virus. News at eleven. 
The Bay Area was reopening much slower than the Southland.  Most of the things Newsom shut down today were already closed in SF but it's still a huge bummer.

Any time I find myself wanting to write something it reads like I'm tipping my hand, so I don't hit submit. 

I think in the last draft, we were able to create a huge amount of non-drafting time discussing shuffling of the master playlist.  Maybe once everyone’s individual playlists are more populated we can do more exploring. 

Yeah, the limiting yourself to a certain geographical location theme is a bit tricky.

Man, I would have loved to have been in SoCal in the 80s.  You could have seen so many awesome shows.

So let’s say hypothetically a song was released as a single and wasn’t part of a studio album until it was on a compilation album a couple years later (we’ll call this the @Eephus special from last draft). Hypothetically speaking, how much of a cheating cheater would the hypothetical drafter be if he/she picked the hypothetical song in the year the hypothetical compilation album was released (keeping in mind it was never originally released in a studio album). Asking for yo mama. 

Hypothetically. 

So let’s say hypothetically a song was released as a single and wasn’t part of a studio album until it was on a compilation album a couple years later (we’ll call this the @Eephus special from last draft). Hypothetically speaking, how much of a cheating cheater would the hypothetical drafter be if he/she picked the hypothetical song in the year the hypothetical compilation album was released (keeping in mind it was never originally released in a studio album). Asking for yo mama. 

Hypothetically. 
I'm drunk ...this makes no sense

seems skeevy

could work for you

Hypothetically. 
if it's not on my list:

cast thine eyes upon my field of ####s. and admire its utter barrenness

eta: no idea what the rules say

Hypothetically. 
You can get away with either but an honorable person would use the single release date

there is a guy who walks down my block in red basketball shorts, no shirt and a ponytail to about midback with some big cans for headphones and just belts out whatever he is listening to. probably early 20s. you can hear him a block away. no idea why the hell i'm posting this other than he just walked by singing and i should stop drinking and posting

Users who are viewing this thread