What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** MNF. Boys/Cards (1 Viewer)

According this Gifford left in 1985 and Dierdorf in 1987. But I think your larger point is correct, DD was OK now that I think about. I misremembered and just lumped him in bc for awhile every jock they tried was terrible. Tarkenton, Swan, Fouts, Boomer, et al.
I remember growing real tired of Dierdorf’s shtick, same as with Paul McGuire. I don’t remember if my patience ran out when DD was doing MNF or Sunday.

According this Gifford left in 1985 and Dierdorf in 1987. But I think your larger point is correct, DD was OK now that I think about. I misremembered and just lumped him in bc for awhile every jock they tried was terrible. Tarkenton, Swan, Fouts, Boomer, et al.
I found this on Wiki

Gifford, Michaels, and Dierdorf

In 1987, Gifford and Michaels were joined by Dan Dierdorf, returning the series to its original concept of three announcers in the booth. The trio would last for 11 seasons through the conclusion of the 1997 season. In 1989, television composer Edd Kalehoff created a new arrangement of Johnny Pearson's "Heavy Action", by that time fully synonymous with the series. This more or less replaced an original composition by Charles Fox. Also debuting in 1989 was Hank Williams, Jr. performing "All My Rowdy Friends Are Here on Monday Night", sung to the music of his 1984 hit "All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight."

🤷‍♂️. I was a young man so my memory might not be so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't understand how that wasn't PI. Refs nowadays throw PI on having a hand on a WRs back. Dre straight tackled Lamb and nothing...

Veteran Dalton needs to be in the refs face after that no call. 
Yep. Throw a fit, fire up the squad.

I love me some Riddick in every aspect.  You can tell he sees the game from a big picture coach/GM/owner perspective.
Temple guy too. Must feel real good for him to Sack a Cowboy QB. Local Tri State kid who grew up being taught to hate Dallas 

When Kyler Murray is your QB, is there any reason to hand off inside the 5-10 yd line? It's almost a wasted Down to not let Murray run.

"They got it cooking in Arizona"

-Louis Riddick

I just don't understand how that wasn't PI. Refs nowadays throw PI on having a hand on a WRs back. Dre straight tackled Lamb and nothing...

Yep. Throw a fit, fire up the squad.
Andy is too nice to throw a fit unfortunately but I just don’t get it. You need to let the refs, your team and the fans know that was a bad call. 

Wilson... I just don't get it... McCarthyism for ya

5th or 6th best option?  At least 4 targets tonight?

If Kirk doesn't make that catch by his fingertips Kyler is 7/20 for 48 yards against maybe the worst defense in the league....and ESPN is unzipping him on live TV.
Thats today's media for ya. He hasn't looked great at all outside of his running ability tonight. I'll take @BobbyLayne's word on this for the guy as I haven't seen much of him in a while but he's done nothing for me tonight to warrant the MVP talk 

Users who are viewing this thread