What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Much Voter Fraud Happened In 2020? (2 Viewers)

How much voter fraud do you think happened in 2020?

• I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the outcome.

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the outcome.

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a real impact

Votes: 65 13.7%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impact at all

Votes: 269 56.9%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the outcome.

Votes: 26 5.5%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the outcome.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a real impact

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impact at all

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the ou

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a re

Votes: 20 4.2%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impac

Votes: 18 3.8%

• Total voters
Honestly, I’m not so much worried about how how all these cases are going to shake out as I believe the current Justices see this for what it all is and will rule based on the law rather than whatever this is.

But I AM worried about the future of our country simply because of what this all represents. We now have an actual lawsuit filed with the Supreme Court where about half of the states are arguing to invalidate the votes of tens of millions of voters in 4 states and the other half of states are arguing against that.

This is no small thing. This is a legit fight between huge chunks of our country and the arguments behind each side could have tremendous impacts on the entire function of our country. As you said YF, this is entirely unprecedented.

And I certainly don’t think that once a decision is made that it ends things and everything just kind of goes away. This type of nuclear action has repercussions and is a true escalation of our heated political climate. It was one thing when it was Trump suing states, or individuals suing states, or state legislators suing their own states. For a state to be suing another state with the goal of invalidating that state’s election is a Really Big Deal. Can you imagine if the election had gone the other way and California sued Texas and Florida to invalidate their entire election?! The Right would be losing their minds! Texas is straight up asking the Supreme Court to completely throw out about 11% of all votes in the 2020 election.

This is not a small thing in our country’s history and the Supreme Court inevitably dismissing this thing as the absurdity it is does not magically diminish the moment and the damage of states in our country actively trying to invalidate the votes of other states.

At this point I actually hope the Court when it does not take up the case is accompanied by statements blasting this effort and making it clear that they will NEVER consider such efforts.
Someone smarter than me answer this. Does the USSC take this case and squash it 9-0 where it will be set precedent and referred to as “Texas v The Constitution”? Or something to that effect.

This is almost to the point (particularly with the House members) that one REALLY has to question what is going to come out about this Administration when Biden takes over. I wouldn't be surprised if skeletons start leaping out of the closet in the weeks after the innauguration.  
The Trump Presidential Library could just be filled with all the behind-the-scenes tell all books.  Plus I guess The Art of the Deal.

When TX filed their first case, it was stated both on this board and in many blogs, that this was a bit of a hail mary, and had little chance of being heard by the SC.

But now we have around 40 states that have signed on in support of TX or the defendant states.  We have all of these other officials signing on and as you stated, this is unprecedented (I'm glad you said that because I felt like it was, but had no idea if it really was). 

So with all of these additional entities signing on, do you feel this is going to necessitate a longer look at the case than it would otherwise merit?
Yes, but I don't think that is a measure of likelihood of success. It will give the court a decent view of what to expect nearly every election cycle going forward if it opens Pandora's box and allows itself to become a body who decides elections. 

Nearly every election in every state in the entire history of our country has involved counting votes after election day.  Do they really think that all of the counties in PA in 1796 had horsemen gather their votes and got them counted within 16 hours? It's just normally not made a big deal of.
good point. you should file a brief with SCOTUS. it's all the rage.

The proceeding going on in Wisconsin right now is quite something. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/alanfeuer/status/1337087620875251713

Can start reading from here.
Audio only is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKcxHTr_Xwo

They are on a break now until 2:30 CST.  Trump's lawyer argued for about 2 hours.  The various defendants will argue after the break.

This judge is a very recent Trump appointee.  I think he just took the bench about a month ago.  He is very smart - formerly a bankruptcy judge in Milwaukee (Eastern District Wis) and before that at a large law firm.
I wasted (again) an inordinate and completely embarrassing amount of time listening to this today.  I did miss huge chunks of it during the day due to work obligations, but I caught the final part uninterrupted, where the judge questioned the lawyers. At the end, he said he would issue his ruling within a day or two.  Based on the judge's comments, my prediction is that he sides with the Trump campaign on jurisdiction, but either abstains, or dismisses the lawsuit based on laches and standing - or some combination of those. Of all the cases I've followed, this one probably had the most coherent and logically-presented argument on the Trump side, but that bar is pretty low.  It is still an unprecedented, unsupported and wildly inappropriate request to make to a court.  I did appreciate that, at the end of his argument, the lawyer for the governor of Wisconsin noted that the applicable statute provides for attorney's fees and indicated the court should expect to receive a petition to award the defense lawyers' fees.

• Love
Reactions: JAA
What if there's a provable significant difference in ineligible votes canceling out eligible ones?  Hasn't democracy been usurped if that is the case?
That's not what the texas case is about.  However, answering your question would require some understanding of the scale you are talking about.  I'm sure some nominal amount of ineligible votes were cast.  For both parties.  Of course, it is not controversial anymore that there is no proof whatsoever that this happened on any kind of meaningful scale.  It did not. 

But, even if I were to grant you that it did, say in the thousands, I would suggest to you that democracy could still survive that type of fraud if it were uncovered.  It cannot survive the disenfranchisement of 20 million + voters by a ruling of the  Supreme Court on magnificently stupid grounds requested by a political party and the President himself.

Toss it in the bin if that happens.  But it won't.

How would any of us possibly know that.

A 20 vs 20 “battle of the states” in the Supreme Court is so unprecedented that imo it’s impossible to predict what will happen. 
I am making an assumption based on 25 years of practicing and studying law.  Something being “unprecedented” doesn’t change the calculus of whether the SC should hear it; to the contrary, it probably makes it much less likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
How would any of us possibly know that.

A 20 vs 20 “battle of the states” in the Supreme Court is so unprecedented that imo it’s impossible to predict what will happen. 
Seriously....does anyone want a situation where individual states can sue other states to make sure their votes don't count?  Texas itself would become a huge target for the forseable future election cycles. By the number of EC votes is has and the idea that it is trending steadily less red.....it's going to have its share of voter supression/irregularites/claims of fraud REGARDLESS of this suit.  

Unless Trump supporters feel they can thread the needle on this; get the results they want and then close the door so it never happens again.....this isn't something they're going to want to be able to be used against them in the future.  

• Love
So in a lawsuit where a state is suing other states to throw out every single vote cast in those 4 states, that is filed to the Supreme Court, in what would absolutely be one of the most momentous and impactful results of a lawsuit in our nation’s history if they won, Texas filed a suit with garbage like that’s shown in this tweet where basic information is just flat out missing in the suit.

Sure, it’s just references missing to pages where specific arguments are to be found in their claim, but that kind of sloppiness in a suit that should have been filed with the utmost seriousness just shows how UNserious the suit really is.

This is not elite strike force legal work. This is not even good legal work. This is sloppy garbage that tells you everything you need to know about the people who are filing and supporting it.

Donald just isn't very good at this. Yesterday after saying no president was ever lost an election while carrying Ohio and Florida which is false. Today he says no president lost an election while carrying Iowa, Ohio and Florida. That is false.
Did he say it in a Maxwell Smart voice? Because that would be some quality shtick.

Pennsylvania is the first of the 4 defendant states to file its response in the SCOTUS case Texas v PA/WI/GA/MI. 

Also, the District of Colombia and 22 states have asked for leave to file briefs on behalf of the defendants.

docket
Whoa baby, PA is not messing around:

”The Court should not abide this seditious abuse of the judicial process, and should send a clear and unmistakable signal that such abuse must never be replicated.”
Awesome wording. We have found a new speechwriter.

Is TX at least asking for a "do-over"?  
No they want to do away with the results of the popular votes in the 4 battleground states and appoint republican electors that will name Trump as the winner.

Totally normal stuff 
Right. Not to mention the fact that most of these states have laws which specifically prohibit their legislatures from appointing electors after Election Day, and U.S. law prohibits states from switching certified Electors after December 8th. So, on the one hand, all these Republicans are complaining about other states breaking the law; but at the same time, they are arguing that it should be OK for them to break their own laws.

• Thanks
I totally forgot there was a Politics forum, and I was saddened to show up today and read that so many people here were/are willing to entertain nutty conspiracy theories about voter fraud. 

Remind me what evidence Trump managed to dig up during the past 4 years to prove the so-called "massive fraud" he alleged during the 2016 election.

• Sad
Lin Wood filed a brief.  

It is truly one of the worst briefs I've ever seen filed before the Supreme Court.  It's a traffic court motion level of work.  Just astounding. 
What's your honest opinion here, are he and Powell (among others) just that bad as lawyers, or is it that they realize they aren't going to win regardless, their payment is not dependent on winning, and they're just having an intern do it as quickly as possible so they can file more suits and get paid more?

What's your honest opinion here, are he and Powell (among others) just that bad as lawyers, or is it that they realize they aren't going to win regardless, their payment is not dependent on winning, and they're just having an intern do it as quickly as possible so they can file more suits and get paid more?
(Or are they literally certifiably insane people?)

Brad Heath

@bradheath

Montana's governor says his state did many of the things Texas said make an election illegal but Texas didn't sue them because Trump won, "underscoring, of course, that this is less about election integrity than it is about attempting to overturn the will of the electorate."

8:48 AM · Dec 11, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://mobile.twitter.com/bradheath/status/1337393949263224833
@Joe Bryant, here's the answer to your earlier question of whether AGs can "do whatever they want?" The Montana AG has signed on with the amicus brief supporting Texas. Now, the Montana Governor is filing in opposition to Texas on the basis that Montana did the same thing as the Defendants and doesn't want its election wiped out.

I nominate @Yankee23Fan and @CletiusMaximus to write it. 
I nominate @SWC. His citation to "Brandy" would be enough to take the entire case to the bank.
may it please the court chief justicehan we are here today because the president came on a november day bringing gifts from a kamchatka bay but the voters made it clear he couldnt stay the white house was not his home all the people say judgehans one of you likes beer what a good group you would be if you would dismiss this legal tragedy doo doo doo do do do do do do do do do i rest our case see also brandy by looking glass 1972 take that to the bank bromigos 

Last edited by a moderator:
Brad Heath

@bradheath

Montana's governor says his state did many of the things Texas said make an election illegal but Texas didn't sue them because Trump won, "underscoring, of course, that this is less about election integrity than it is about attempting to overturn the will of the electorate."

It makes me wonder if the ultimate goal here isn’t to overturn these 4 (although I’m sure they would love that) but rather introduce so much chaos that even smart people start asking whether we should do the election over.  It’s garbage and hopefully gets thrown out quickly.

@Joe Bryant, here's the answer to your earlier question of whether AGs can "do whatever they want?" The Montana AG has signed on with the amicus brief supporting Texas. Now, the Montana Governor is filing in opposition to Texas on the basis that Montana did the same thing as the Defendants and doesn't want its election wiped out.
One more example of the craziness on this unprecedented situation brought on by the Retrumplican party.

• Sad
I have honestly no idea.  We all have some level of professionalism that would, I hope, make sure that when we file something it is actually..... professional.

He literally filed his previous brief word for word with a new cover page.  I mean, he calls himself throughout it Petitioner and requests the court to overturn the 11th circuit.  In an amicus brief filed in support of a motion filed by the actual petitioner that has nothing to do with an appeal from the 11th circuit.

I do this in municipal court (Traffic court).  The motions don't change, just the names.  The law hasn't changed here in such a long time there is no point in reinventing the wheel.  But we at least change the names and the court.

Brad Heath

@bradheath

Yeah, read his filing.  Another well argued one - very direct and the to the point.

I saw on twitter....forgot who, not gonna look again, and certainly not going to copy and paste it - that someone has officially called this the Cold Civil War.

So, I was right about that.

And the jacobin thing 4 years ago, but I've beat that drum so much it needs a new head.

I saw on twitter....forgot who, not gonna look again, and certainly not going to copy and paste it - that someone has officially called this the Cold Civil War.

So, I was right about that.

And the jacobin thing 4 years ago, but I've beat that drum so much it needs a new head.
Yep, it has been very obvious. 

Texas filed replies.  To say they doubled down is an understatement.

And Citizens United filed a brief.  And their position is that, the Defendant states and their supporters are destroying the Union.  Their brief is the argument of the confederacy in certain places. 

This is just ridiculous to a level that is hard to write at this point.

asking for a "do-over"?  
No they want to do away with the results of the popular votes in the 4 battleground states and appoint republican electors that will name Trump as the winner.

Totally normal stuff 

Edited 13 hours ago by Godsbrother
In all seriousness ... seriously.  Is there a specific reason they are only choosing those states?  Haven't many other states exhibited that same behavior?

Users who are viewing this thread