What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2018 Dallas Cowboys*** (2 Viewers)

You guys are killing me. We don't need to get rid of Dez. We need to get him some help. Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley scare nobody and require no game planning against. Dez has heart, he loves the Cowboys, the team is family and his passion. This team needs more passion and more fire, not less. The coaching staff needs to do their job and let us fans see Dez's passion on the field and not the sidelines. 
I couldn’t disagree more. Opposing teams strategy was to gameplan for Wittin and Cole, leaving butterfingers as the open read. Butterfingers can’t get separation, runs lazy routes, can be physically shut down and is easily frustrated. 

I agree his “tantrums” come from a good place and he’s just being passionate but he’s also a disturbance. 

I couldn’t disagree more. Opposing teams strategy was to gameplan for Wittin and Cole, leaving butterfingers as the open read. Butterfingers can’t get separation, runs lazy routes, can be physically shut down and is easily frustrated. 

I agree his “tantrums” come from a good place and he’s just being passionate but he’s also a disturbance. 
i don't think there is one team that gameplans for Cole, that is just silly. and Witten still has a place in the NFL, but Tom Brady might be faster than him at this point. losing Dez would without a doubt hurt the Cowboys already suspect offensive talent. Not saying Dez is a top 10 WR anymore, but teams have to account for him and i think the coaching staff doesn't know how to play to his strengths. 

You guys are killing me. We don't need to get rid of Dez. We need to get him some help. Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley scare nobody and require no game planning against. Dez has heart, he loves the Cowboys, the team is family and his passion. This team needs more passion and more fire, not less. The coaching staff needs to do their job and let us fans see Dez's passion on the field and not the sidelines. 
I have heart (and passion) too. Still waiting for my phone to ring.

Cowboys get a 4th, 2 5th and a 6th round Compensatory picks
That could be big for us. Great haul.

There’s some science to getting the compensatory picks with the NFL’s crazy formula. Baltimore supposedly has a super-secret compensatory pick strategy, but they didn’t do nearly as well as the Cowboys this year.

With our scouting department (which might be the best in the league) & the extra picks, it could help put us in a very good situation for the future.

I think we’re headed in the right direction. Despite Garrett being retained, I really like some of our coaching hires (especially Kris Richards). It also seems like Stephen Jones is taking more control of the team & that’s a good thing (despite Jerry being a great owner).

Can’t wait for FA & the draft!

The Dallas Cowboys now know exactly where they'll pick in each round of the 2018 NFL Draft.

After seeing their cupboard raided by free agency in 2017, the team was awarded the maximum number of compensatory picks for players they lost one year prior. The league has not only announced the Cowboys as being one of only four teams that'll carry four extra picks in the 2018 NFL Draft, but also their exact positioning along with their other six selections, according to an official NFL statement.

Here is the list of picks by round:

R1 - 19

R2 - 50

R3 - 81

R4 - 116, 137*

R5 - 171*, 173*

R6 - 193*, 208*

R7 - 236

Scandrick wants released. 

This guy #####es about his contract every yr. Pretty sure they re-did it for him once. He's not expensive, he doesn't suck and you can never have enough corners.

No way in hell I'd release him, so that means Dallas probably will   ?

i don't think there is one team that gameplans for Cole, that is just silly. and Witten still has a place in the NFL, but Tom Brady might be faster than him at this point. losing Dez would without a doubt hurt the Cowboys already suspect offensive talent. Not saying Dez is a top 10 WR anymore, but teams have to account for him and i think the coaching staff doesn't know how to play to his strengths. 
So wrong. Beasley was almost always bracketed in coverage. Especially on 3rd down. 

It was night and day difference from last year. Teams realized it was Cole who was the security blanket. Watch some games from last year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So wrong. Beasley was almost always bracketed in coverage. Especially on 3rd down. 

It was night and day difference from last year. Teams realized it was Cole who was the security blanket. Watch some games from last year. 
hmm, wouldn't have guessed it. you guys know better then i would, no chance in hell i'm watching any Cowboys games outside of 2 a year  :P

and to be honest, if your most dangerous passing weapon is Cole Beasley the heat Dak is taking looks even more nonsensical. i could be wrong and Dez could be toast, i have just seen him torch the Eagles enough to know that fade pattern in the end zone to Dez is good for a couple of TDs. 

Have the Cowboys made any moves yet? I know that have very little cap space (about $3 million) but I find it curious that they are not doing anything with their roster to create more space to make some moves. They could sign Lawrence or Martin to long term deals to free up some cap space this year. They could cut Bryant and/or Witten to free up cap space. They don't seem to be doing anything, and the longer they wait, the more chance there will be very little to pick up when they have the space to do it. Perhaps they will go after someone like the Honey Badger, who just became available. It's not the norm for the Cowboys to be this quiet.

Have the Cowboys made any moves yet? I know that have very little cap space (about $3 million) but I find it curious that they are not doing anything with their roster to create more space to make some moves. They could sign Lawrence or Martin to long term deals to free up some cap space this year. They could cut Bryant and/or Witten to free up cap space. They don't seem to be doing anything, and the longer they wait, the more chance there will be very little to pick up when they have the space to do it. Perhaps they will go after someone like the Honey Badger, who just became available. It's not the norm for the Cowboys to be this quiet.
It is the norm for the last 4-5 yrs

There hasn’t been a FA signing yet (based on the contract)that I am upset that we didn’t get that player.

I am more disappointed with the lack of cuts, clearing salary and ridding ourselves of over paid players. 

Those crying over not getting Sammy Watkins or Allen Robinson. Come on, really?

There hasn’t been a FA signing yet (based on the contract)that I am upset that we didn’t get that player.

I am more disappointed with the lack of cuts, clearing salary and ridding ourselves of over paid players. 

Those crying over not getting Sammy Watkins or Allen Robinson. Come on, really?
The only FAs I was interested in were Landry and Paul Richardson.

-Landry is a beast who can actually catch. 

-Paul Richardson is a burner which we desperately need and might have the best hands in all of football outside of Julio Jones. 

Don't be silly
How am I silly. Would like to know what we are doing and what plan is. This so far is the best FA value signing. 

7 million for a damn good Safety seems like something we should have been on. 

The only FAs I was interested in were Landry and Paul Richardson.

-Landry is a beast who can actually catch. 

-Paul Richardson is a burner which we desperately need and might have the best hands in all of football outside of Julio Jones. 
I was unaware that Paul Richardson was so well regarded in the hands dept. 

How am I silly. Would like to know what we are doing and what plan is. This so far is the best FA value signing. 

7 million for a damn good Safety seems like something we should have been on. 
Sarcasm. I have no idea what theyre doing other than sitting around watching players get signed by other teams

Would like to know what we are doing and what plan is.

The Dallas Cowboys now know exactly where they'll pick in each round of the 2018 NFL Draft.

After seeing their cupboard raided by free agency in 2017, the team was awarded the maximum number of compensatory picks for players they lost one year prior. The league has not only announced the Cowboys as being one of only four teams that'll carry four extra picks in the 2018 NFL Draft, but also their exact positioning along with their other six selections, according to an official NFL statement.

Here is the list of picks by round:

R1 - 19

R2 - 50

R3 - 81

R4 - 116, 137*

R5 - 171*, 173*

R6 - 193*, 208*

R7 - 236
The draft and more comp picks next year.

Same disappointing story. Everyone in our division has gotten stronger while we watch....

Tex

I think all of the WR FA signings for crazy money ( even Donte Moncrief !! got 9.6M fully guaranteed for one year) has killed any chance that Dez will take a pay cut.

moondog said:
I think all of the WR FA signings for crazy money ( even Donte Moncrief !! got 9.6M fully guaranteed for one year) has killed any chance that Dez will take a pay cut.
I think if Dez were going to take a pay cut it would have happened already so the Cowboys could free up cap room to sign Free agents. I think at this point he plays for Dallas at his full contract in 2018. I think there is a slight chance that he could still be a June 1st cut so they get $12.5 million in cap savings this year instead of $8.5 million. That would probably be dependent on how the Cowboys think they did in the draft in addressing their WR needs.

Cowboys signed LB Joe Thomas, formerly of the Packers.

A key reserve and special teamer in Green Bay, Thomas was surprisingly not tendered by the Packers as a restricted free agent. He'll compete for snaps with Damien Wilson behind Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee in Dallas' linebacker corps.

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter

Mar 21 - 8:39 PM

WOOT!

I will give credit here.....2 years 12 million. 6per year is a very good contract. Gotta think Williams or Beasley is traded we have just under 30 million in the WR Room.  Let's speculate:

Dallas sends (3rd and Beasley)

Seattle sends Earl Thomas

I will give credit here.....2 years 12 million. 6per year is a very good contract. Gotta think Williams or Beasley is traded we have just under 30 million in the WR Room.  Let's speculate:

Dallas sends (3rd and Beasley)

Seattle sends Earl Thomas
I don't think anyone would trade for Beasley or Williams.   Isn't most or all of the cap space gained by Fredericks re-structure already gone with the Thompson, Joe Thomas, and Hurns deals ?   They would need to sign Earl Thomas to a new deal as part of a trade and re-structure and/or cut players since his 2018 salary is 8.5M guaranteed.

I don't think anyone would trade for Beasley or Williams.   Isn't most or all of the cap space gained by Fredericks re-structure already gone with the Thompson, Joe Thomas, and Hurns deals ?   They would need to sign Earl Thomas to a new deal as part of a trade and re-structure and/or cut players since his 2018 salary is 8.5M guaranteed.
Contrary to crappy reporting by ESPN most casual NFL fans think we are cap strapped, we aren't.  There are still lots of options to make up cap room. Next year we are waaaaay under cap. If we want Earl, we can afford him.  Compensation is another story.

You don't think Seattle could Beasley?

Hurns is an outstanding signing, especially for the money.. Upgrading WR will make a huge difference to Dak & our offense.

I'm hoping we cut or trade Williams & Beasley, who I feel are pure dead weight. Either way, still need to draft a WR no later than day 2.

Hurns is an outstanding signing, especially for the money.. Upgrading WR will make a huge difference to Dak & our offense.
Not if Dak is running for his life all season.

Whos playing LG?

Who is OL depth for when Smith is hurt again? Or God forbid something happens to anyone else on the line

Users who are viewing this thread