What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Song Draft - Post Round 19/20 Picks any time today. (1 Viewer)

A late 2017 release.  Only reason I even know about her is she opened for J Roddy Walston & The Business when I went to see them at The Metro in Chicago.  This song caught my ear and has gotten a lot of play since.

Rd Seventeen - Emily Wolfe - Holy Roller

J

Last edited by a moderator:
ANNOUNCEMENT: Since Friday afternoons tend to be :tumbleweed:  for drafts at the best of times and with there being a lot less discussion in here already, the final two picks - rounds 19 and 20 can be made at any time tomorrow.  I'll try to keep the sheet and playlist up to date as well so people have it for the weekend.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Since Friday afternoons tend to be :tumbleweed:  for drafts at the best of times and with there being a lot less discussion in here already, the final two picks - rounds 19 and 20 can be made at any time tomorrow.  I'll try to keep the sheet and playlist up to date as well so people have it for the weekend.
I am not working tomorrow - I just PMed you my picks. 

It was tempting to take the new Sorry single (excellent) and also the newish Iceage single.. Plague Vendor was another I felt like needs to get in there

I didn't really find any good new world music this year, I might have to find something for the best album thread. 

I didn't really find any good new world music this year, I might have to find something for the best album thread. 
The Angelique Kidjo Talking Heads cover album was a brilliant concept that was executed nearly as well. 

The record by Congolese musicians Jupiter and Okwess grooves like a MF.

On this side of the ocean, the record from Cuban big band Orquestra Akokan is worth a spin. 

The Angelique Kidjo Talking Heads cover album was a brilliant concept that was executed nearly as well. 

The record by Congolese musicians Jupiter and Okwess grooves like a MF.

On this side of the ocean, the record from Cuban big band Orquestra Akokan is worth a spin. 
You the man 

Round 2 - Jeff Rosenstock - 9/10

🎶 Nine times out of ten I’ll be stoned on the subway
Reading backlit directives of what I should do
Dodging eye contact with anyone who looks my way
Nine times out of ten I’ll be thinking of you 🎶
this should be the theme song for a reboot of an of 80s sitcom with a mismatched couple. (Someone fill in that blank.  I want to say moonlighting, but i don't think that works)

Maybe a Sam and Diane spin-off.

Posting some makeup picks

Round 15 - Jason Aldean - Drowns The Whiskey (feat. Miranda Lambert)

Took a different song of the same album at mid-year, but this one is pretty decent as well.

Round 16 - Mercy Union - Young Dionysians

Featuring members of NJ's The Gaslight Anthem and The Scandals, some straight up Jersey rock.  Great opening song from their debut album.

Round 17 - Zedd - The Middle (feat. Maren Morris)

A repeat from my mid-year selections, still a great pop-hook on this one

Round 18 - Chris Stapleton - Millonaire

From his late 2017 release, this was the 2018 single - not his best, but still better than most of what is out there from the country and western folk

Round 19 - Greta Van Fleet - Safari Song

Another repeat from my mid-year selections

Round 20 - Muse - Pressure

Not the best song they have ever put out, but one that has grown on me and one that is unmistakably Muse from the first lick 

Bonus Muse track - their cover of Hungry Like The Wolf - not sure this one needed to redone, but assume this will slide into the live sets in 2019

Rd Two - The Beths - Not Running

I ❤️ this entire album, but if I had to pick one song from it to listen to over and over again it would be this one.

J

2- boys in the better land- FONTAINES D.C.

it's all about ALL CAPS! and ireland!

Round 5:  Hatchie - Try

:nerd: draft regulars know I get off on song construction.  The song sounds so simple and gorgeous but she throws in a lovely pre-chorus after the second verse to raise the tension and a bridge to die for.

Getting caught up now. GB @Steve Tasker texted me about this band this afternoon and they also announced a show in my little 70,000 population town... its a sign (also I draft them every time).

Round 7 - Tokyo Police Club - Simple Dude

Very nice Strokes-y jam.

Round 9 - James Bay - Pink Lemonade

Think I'm behind three.. busy Tuesday

13.x Mondo Cozmo - Tonight Tonight

Not sure if this one was posted, but I like this track from Maggie Rogers a lot - Light On

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSFjYe54uv4
So I’ve now listened to everything drafted! Above are my top 10 new-to-me finds. Sweet picks all and thanks. With kids and work I just can’t keep up with music like I used to and this is a great way to get exposed to music as albums just take too much time.

So I’ve now listened to everything drafted! Above are my top 10 new-to-me finds. Sweet picks all and thanks. With kids and work I just can’t keep up with music like I used to and this is a great way to get exposed to music as albums just take too much time.
Do you use Spotify? Or have time to listen at work or commuting? It will let you get back in the game...promise!

Do you use Spotify? Or have time to listen at work or commuting? It will let you get back in the game...promise!
I have an Apple music subscription  (my wife got it first and I added on) which is helpful esp with their updated genre-based playlists. But I don’t have much time to listen outside of my irregular workouts. Can’t at work and my commute is (thankfully) short during which I listen to radio. 

The FBG music nerd collective just finds great stuff that I don’t hear elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread