What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2019 (Spotify playlists in 1st post) (1 Viewer)

I’ve been listening to Deerhunter all week to prepare. Cryptograms to Halcyon Digest is an amazing run. Not that I don’t like the rest but there’s a bit of a fall off for me at Monomania. 

this weeks RR of interest to me:

Drenge

Panda Bear

GRMLN (he's bsically on an album every couple months)

Deerhunter

Buke & Gase (album)

murlocks

cass mccombs

Camera2

Royal Trux

Snapped Ankles

I’ve been listening to Deerhunter all week to prepare. Cryptograms to Halcyon Digest is an amazing run. Not that I don’t like the rest but there’s a bit of a fall off for me at Monomania. 
I admittedly prefer evil, weird, druggy Deerhunter but this is great. 

huh... makes sense that stephen malkmus is coming out wiht an electronic album in march. 

Noted indie rock guitar noodler Stephen Malkmus went through an electronic phase sometime over the last 19 years and actually made an album that has never seen the light of day. Malkmus dropped mentions in interviews for last year’s terrific Sparkle Hard, and at a press event at Matador’s HQ last year he talked with friend and food writer Peter Meehan a little about it, saying “every artist goes through this and, finally, I did… maybe it’ll come out, who knows.”

As Stereogum points out, a clip of this Q&A just went up on Malkmus’ YouTube page (watch it below), and according to a new interview in The Chicago Tribune, the record is finally coming out. Stephen says it’s called Groove Denied and will be out in March via Matador. “It’s not that experimental,” Malkmus told the Tribune. “It’s just me with drum machines. … It’s only me on all the instruments and production and engineering,” he says. “Guitars are not the focus. They’re on there, but the guitar player’s not really the alpha. Towards the end, it starts bleeding into guitar-ness. It’s waters I don’t usually swim in. I don’t think it’s too much of a head-scratcher.”

While we wait for an official announcement on that, Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks have shows next week in Chicago (1/23 @ The Metro) and NYC (1/25 @ Brooklyn Steel), and they’ll tour Europe after an appearance at Barcelona’s Primavera Sound. All dates, plus a stream of Sparkle Hard, is below.

digging the crocodiles track, new album 2/9
La lalalala la lalalala la lalalala la

The biggest kick I ever got
Was doing a thing called the Crocodiles track
While the other kids were Rocking Round the Clock
We were hopping and bopping to the Crocodiles track. 

Person Pitch too
Indeed. Yeah. I ponied up fifty bucks to buy a sealed copy on vinyl because I thought Comfy In Nautica was worth it. It was a nice confluence of circumstances to even get it at that price.There's a place that puts out colored and special edition vinyl, subscription style, and I caught a copy off of eBay. Worth it.  

Also.. Fat White Family - Feet .. never got into these blokes but.. what a cool track, I can't stop playing it today
One of my favorites from last year had some FWF members in it- warmduscher. First I had heard of them, so listened to some of their older stuff which was fun. and yeah, as is the new single.

not 2019. I think it's 2014 or earlier... but I'd never heard of Buffalo Daughter before today's DW. molto lavoro, mr arigato sportify. love these guys so far after 4 songs.

came in to post this 2018 tune from Boy Azooga- loner boogie that's one of my favorites from last year (kept almost picking it in the draft). catchy ditty. the rest of the album is good too. 

Northern Voice said:
Consequence of Sound has a new (I think) frequently updated playlist of new stuff. On first glance, it looks like another playlist worth checking out for new music obsessives https://open.spotify.com/user/blueseattle/playlist/1HZ829ZASjNvOpFcCTr7mB?si=Kg5r6hmnRSygf7y6slaxmw
this looks great- thanks!

I've previously hooked on to a couple updating playlists:

KEXP's song of the day (just realized it was for 2018 only- here's the 2019 list)

Jon's Playlist (guitarist from IDLES... updates every 2-3 months- but I've really dug the 2 or 3 I've listened to so far. wide ranging sounds, genres and eras- not just loud guitar stuff)

Love the new Vampire Weekend song. Harmony Hall.
I listened to it 4 times in a row this morning :bag:
didn't grab me at first listen, tbh- a little too "indie" with the sound for my mood. (r&b lite with keyboards) :shrug:  will definitely listen again though, in case the mood was wrong.

rr that's hopefully good:

pixies (nm... thought it was from the upcoming album, but it's a spoken word trailer/ad for them? wtf)

chilly gonzalez (he definitely far from his lo-fi dance stuff and deeply imbedded into classical... again- not the right mood for me)

ty segall (eta: love fuzz... this one is turning my crank)

the specials (?!)

GRMLN (yeah- weekly new single/album)

VANT

Foals

Sneaks

FIDLAR

(not looking forward to hearing yet another weezer cover- take on me)

pip blom

lambchop

florence & machine

swervedriver

ODESZA

Beck- tarantula... I know this song- this mortal coil? or maybe from that 4ad comp, lonely is an eyesore (best attempt at remembering album title). feels like it's an out-take from a disney lion-king remake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently FIDLAR's By Myself is already song of the year (1/22/19)
I LOVED both songs I heard before the full album dropped today, and, ummm... the album though?  It's ummm... different?  I am struggling with it at the moment. 

I LOVED both songs I heard before the full album dropped today, and, ummm... the album though?  It's ummm... different?  I am struggling with it at the moment. 
oh! it's out? will be listening immediately after RR finishes- thanks.

but for now... spotify REALLY wants me to listen to Wiley... he's in just about every spotify playist for me- and this time with special guest performer and grime legend, idris elba. 

Users who are viewing this thread