What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Subscriber Contest Strategy (1 Viewer)

QB - Brett Favre - 14

QB - Rex Grossman - 13

QB - J.P. Losman - 12

RB - Travis Henry - 43

RB - Deuce McAllister - 23

RB - Adrian Peterson - 23

RB - Adrian Peterson - 4

RB - Sammy Morris - 3

RB - Lorenzo Booker - 3

WR - Lee Evans - 29

WR - Marques Colston - 27

WR - Kevin Curtis - 10

WR - Arnaz Battle - 5

WR - Demetrius Williams - 3

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Chris Henry - 2

TE - Jason Witten - 19

TE - Tony Scheffler - 8

PK - Ryan Longwell - 1

PK - John Kasay - 1

TD - Green Bay Packers - 3

TD - Arizona Cardinals - 1

i found it hard to get away from doing 3qb approach. those 3 qbs are capable of putting up monster games at any given time. someone should post big numbers each week out of them.

scary to see i have 3 of the wrs dodds just mentioned.

QB - Marc Bulger - 23

QB - Matt Leinart - 14

QB - Matt Schaub - 10

RB - Travis Henry - 43

RB - Julius Jones - 19

RB - DeShaun Foster - 13

RB - Kevin Faulk - 6

RB - Lorenzo Booker - 3

WR - Hines Ward - 27

WR - Donte Stallworth - 14

WR - Devery Henderson - 9

WR - Mike Furrey - 8

WR - Craig Davis - 5

WR - Troy Williamson - 4

WR - Wes Welker - 3

TE - Antonio Gates - 35

TE - David Martin - 6

TE - Eric Johnson - 1

PK - Neil Rackers - 2

PK - John Kasay - 1

TD - Dallas Cowboys - 3

TD - Tennessee Titans - 1

BTW, :goodposting: to David and Joe for putting this together, I really enjoyed strategizing for this over the past couple of weeks.

EBF said:
ConstruxBoy said:
Anyone else have a last minute revelation and put Ted Ginn in their lineup? :goodposting:
I wanted to add Ginn to my squad, but I needed the extra spot for Nall.
:lmao: That's harsh man.
:thumbup: I figured he'd be one of those WRs who can explode one week and do nothing the others. I was torn between him, Brian Leonard and Troy Williamson, went with Ginn. Mostly because I figured others would not. The rest of my roster is probably fairly typical. Probably should have gone with Leonard, in case SJax got injured.

QB - Eli Manning $14

QB - Joey Harrington $6

QB - David Garrard $2

RB - Frank Gore $48

RB - Laurence Maroney $38

RB - Ladell Betts $14

RB - Warrick Dunn $12

RB - Brian Leonard $3

WR - Roy Williams $36

WR - Marques Colston $27

WR - Kevin Curtis $10

WR - Ernest Wilford $3

WR - Amani Toomer $3

WR - Bryant Johnson $3

WR - Jacoby Jones $2

TE - Heath Miller $11

TE - Bo Scaife $9

K - Rian Lindell $1

K - John Kasay $1

K - Jay Feely $1

TD Eagles $3

TD Giants $3

I hope Eli can stay healthy and/or Harrington doesn't kill me.

Looks like I'm the only one who took Westbrook so far. C'mon Westy!
Now you've got the right idea...I think the idea that there's one magical formula is flavved. To stand out from thousands of entries you need to have a relatively unique combination of players...at least that will increase your odds of winning. Granted, your unique set of players need to score, but you do increase you are odds with a more unique lineup.
that was one of the reasons I avoided LT and Brees. I knew they would be on A LOT of rosters....
That's why I went with Rudi Johnson. He is always undervalued and is Mr. Consistency. By the looks of all these rosters, not many people went with him.

All Salaries and FBG projections plugged into an optimization tool, with criteria to limit bye weeks based on how many players at each position and BLAM! This is the result, may it lead me to the top 10 promiseland again:

QB - Peyton Manning - 31

QB - Drew Brees - 21

QB - Matt Leinart - 14

RB - Ahman Green - 23

RB - Cadillac Williams - 21

RB - Brandon Jackson - 15

RB - DeShaun Foster - 13

WR - Santonio Holmes - 14

WR - Ronald Curry - 8

WR - Bobby Wade - 5

WR - Troy Williamson - 4

WR - Roddy White - 3

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

TE - Kellen Winslow Jr - 24

TE - Eric Johnson - 1

PK - Jeff Wilkins - 3

PK - Jason Elam - 3

TD - Chicago Bears - 8

TD - Baltimore Ravens - 7

My conclusions based on the results:

With QB scoring the way it is, QB points are considered large enough compared to salary to grab some solid producers at the cost.

The regression curve on RB's is present once again suggests to get 5 starters or those who are active in RBBC.

WR's Value/Salary seems to have taken a hit this year. With the 8 WR's though, hope is to have 3 get respectable scores each week, which doesn't bother me, because WR's are rather up and down as far as production in general.

TE's, a potential stud and a potential great value pick. Kickers seem to be worth the extra $ or 2 for a few more points. And for DEF, the top two were projected far enough above the rest that they seem to be worth the extra $.

QB - Drew Brees - 21

QB - Daunte Culpepper - 4

QB - David Garrard - 2

RB - Joseph Addai - 46

RB - Willie Parker - 44

RB - Ladell Betts - 14

RB - DeShaun Foster - 13

WR - Calvin Johnson - 23

WR - Drew Bennett - 6

WR - Arnaz Battle - 5

WR - Bobby Wade - 5

WR - Anthony Gonzalez - 3

WR - Bryant Johnson - 3

TE - Jeb Putzier - 1

TE - Eric Johnson - 1

PK - John Kasay - 1

PK - Nick Folk - 1

TD - Jacksonville Jaguars - 4

TD - Dallas Cowboys - 3

Decided to take a calculated gamble at RB, venturing that carrying two of the stud RBs with the week 6 byes (Addai/Parker) would be a low percent play. Need some good luck and some others to carry me that week.

Now you've got the right idea...I think the idea that there's one magical formula is flavved. To stand out from thousands of entries you need to have a relatively unique combination of players...at least that will increase your odds of winning. Granted, your unique set of players need to score, but you do increase you are odds with a more unique lineup.
that was one of the reasons I avoided LT and Brees. I knew they would be on A LOT of rosters....
That's why I went with Rudi Johnson. He is always undervalued and is Mr. Consistency. By the looks of all these rosters, not many people went with him.
There was a blurb from camp that he was working on pass catching this offseason. If he can add that element, he could be huge this year. :lmao:

QB - Drew Brees - 21

QB - Rex Grossman - 13

RB - Travis Henry - 43

RB - Cedric Benson - 32

RB - Brandon Jackson - 15

RB - Dominic Rhodes - 3

RB - Brian Leonard - 3

RB - Tony Hunt - 1

WR - T.J. Houshmandzadeh - 34

WR - Kevin Curtis - 10

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

WR - Dennis Northcutt - 1

WR - Kevin Walter - 1

TE - Antonio Gates - 35

TE - Eric Johnson - 1

PK - Rian Lindell - 1

PK - John Kasay - 1

TD - Detroit Lions - 1

I have so much darn football activity going on, I forgot to update my roster! Boo! Dodds is right on with the Garrard pick - I should have changed my roster. Brandon Jackson would have come off too in place of someone else. Oh well, I appreciate the opportunity FBG's!

I'm actually suprised on how few Addai entries there are. I was sure that he'd be a very popular pick.

I'm actually suprised on how few Addai entries there are. I was sure that he'd be a very popular pick.
I was gonna say the same about Travis Henry.

There was a blurb from camp that he was working on pass catching this offseason. If he can add that element, he could be huge this year. :goodposting:
That would be an added bonus. Here is the rest of my roster:QB - Drew Brees - 21QB - Ben Roethlisberger - 18RB - Rudi Johnson - 40RB - Cedric Benson - 32RB - Marion Barber III - 22RB - DeShaun Foster - 13RB - Warrick Dunn - 12RB - Sammy Morris - 3RB - Tony Hunt - 1WR - Calvin Johnson - 23WR - Isaac Bruce - 15WR - Santonio Holmes - 14WR - Demetrius Williams - 3WR - Wes Welker - 3WR - Patrick Crayton - 3WR - Jacoby Jones - 2TE - Owen Daniels - 11TE - Eric Johnson - 1PK - Olindo Mare - 3PK - John Kasay - 1TD - Chicago Bears - 8TD - Houston Texans - 1Hopefully Jacoby Jones will be returning kicks and/or punts for the Texans. I have everything spread out pretty good and should not run into any bye week issues. Loaded up on starters, solid value players and took a few gambles. Fingers crossed!

I havent seen a roster better than mine, thats great news!!

QB - Drew Brees - 21

QB - Matt Schaub - 10

RB - Reggie Bush - 45

RB - Willie Parker - 44

RB - Dominic Rhodes - 3

RB - T.J. Duckett - 2

RB - Tony Hunt - 1

WR - Lee Evans - 29

WR - Bernard Berrian - 16

WR - Ronald Curry - 8

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Amani Toomer - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

WR - Kevin Walter - 1

TE - Jason Witten - 19

TE - Eric Johnson - 1

PK - Josh Brown - 2

PK - Kris Brown - 1

TD - Dallas Cowboys - 3

TD - Houston Texans - 1

There was a blurb from camp that he was working on pass catching this offseason. If he can add that element, he could be huge this year. :goodposting:

One reason I added him this year, along with his playofff schedule.

EBF said:
ConstruxBoy said:
Anyone else have a last minute revelation and put Ted Ginn in their lineup? :unsure:
I wanted to add Ginn to my squad, but I needed the extra spot for Nall.
:lmao: That's harsh man.
:shrug: I figured he'd be one of those WRs who can explode one week and do nothing the others. I was torn between him, Brian Leonard and Troy Williamson, went with Ginn. Mostly because I figured others would not. The rest of my roster is probably fairly typical. Probably should have gone with Leonard, in case SJax got injured.
I took SJax, Leonard and Ginn. :confused:

There was a blurb from camp that he was working on pass catching this offseason. If he can add that element, he could be huge this year. :confused:
That would be an added bonus. Here is the rest of my roster:QB - Drew Brees - 21

QB - Ben Roethlisberger - 18

RB - Rudi Johnson - 40

RB - Cedric Benson - 32

RB - Marion Barber III - 22

RB - DeShaun Foster - 13

RB - Warrick Dunn - 12

RB - Sammy Morris - 3

RB - Tony Hunt - 1

WR - Calvin Johnson - 23

WR - Isaac Bruce - 15

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Patrick Crayton - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

TE - Owen Daniels - 11

TE - Eric Johnson - 1

PK - Olindo Mare - 3

PK - John Kasay - 1

TD - Chicago Bears - 8

TD - Houston Texans - 1

Hopefully Jacoby Jones will be returning kicks and/or punts for the Texans. I have everything spread out pretty good and should not run into any bye week issues. Loaded up on starters, solid value players and took a few gambles. Fingers crossed!
I didn't think offensive players got points awarded for special teams. Am I wrong on that? If so, Hester was great value, and Bush should be on everyone's team.

Last edited by a moderator:
QB - Peyton Manning - 31

QB - David Garrard - 2

RB - Shaun Alexander - 41

RB - Brandon Jacobs - 26

RB - Ahman Green - 23

RB - LaMont Jordan - 19

RB - Maurice Morris - 3

RB - Tony Hunt - 1

WR - Lee Evans - 29

WR - Vincent Jackson - 17

WR - Drew Bennett - 6

WR - Ted Ginn - 4

WR - Brandon Stokley - 3

WR - Dwayne Jarrett - 3

TE - Randy McMichael - 11

TE - Daniel Graham - 7

PK - Rian Lindell - 1

PK - Shaun Suisham - 1

TD - Minnesota Vikings - 3

TD - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 3

TD - San Francisco 49ers - 2

...championship

I thought settling on receivers was the most difficult part. I really like Graham for 7, Garrard for 2, and Manning for 31.

I feel good about my team. I got a couple of studs and some bargain basement players, we shall see.

QB - Jay Cutler - 16

QB - Matt Hasselbeck - 15

QB - Matt Schaub - 10

RB - Steven Jackson - 60

RB - Ahman Green - 23

RB - Anthony Thomas - 4

RB - Brian Leonard - 3

RB - Tony Hunt - 1

WR - Reggie Wayne - 39

WR - Brandon Stokley - 3

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Patrick Crayton - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

WR - Antwaan Randle El - 2

TE - Dallas Clark - 12

TE - Eric Johnson - 1

PK - Adam Vinatieri - 5

PK - Ryan Longwell - 1

TD - San Diego Chargers - 5

TD - Minnesota Vikings - 3

There was a blurb from camp that he was working on pass catching this offseason. If he can add that element, he could be huge this year. :thumbup:
That would be an added bonus. Here is the rest of my roster:QB - Drew Brees - 21

RB - Rudi Johnson - 40

RB - Cedric Benson - 32

RB - DeShaun Foster - 13

RB - Warrick Dunn - 12

RB - Sammy Morris - 3

RB - Tony Hunt - 1

WR - Calvin Johnson - 23

WR - Isaac Bruce - 15

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Patrick Crayton - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

TE - Owen Daniels - 11

TE - Eric Johnson - 1

PK - Olindo Mare - 3

PK - John Kasay - 1

TD - Chicago Bears - 8

TD - Houston Texans - 1

Hopefully Jacoby Jones will be returning kicks and/or punts for the Texans. I have everything spread out pretty good and should not run into any bye week issues. Loaded up on starters, solid value players and took a few gambles. Fingers crossed!
I didn't think offensive players got points awarded for special teams. Am I wrong on that? If so, Hester was great value, and Bush should be on everyone's team.
I was refering to that being the reason I took the Texans defense.

There was a blurb from camp that he was working on pass catching this offseason. If he can add that element, he could be huge this year. :thumbup:

RB - Rudi Johnson - 40

RB - Cedric Benson - 32

RB - DeShaun Foster - 13

RB - Warrick Dunn - 12

RB - Sammy Morris - 3

RB - Tony Hunt - 1

WR - Calvin Johnson - 23

WR - Isaac Bruce - 15

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Patrick Crayton - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

TE - Owen Daniels - 11

TE - Eric Johnson - 1

PK - Olindo Mare - 3

PK - John Kasay - 1

TD - Chicago Bears - 8

TD - Houston Texans - 1

In the rules, it says that all non-offensive TD's will count.

My Roster similarity strategy:

Find the most popular "value, pre-season hype" player at each position.

Pick 2 that you like to be on your team. That will give you a similar roster to lots of others for 2 players you believe in yet separate you from the pack on a couple of other popular picks that you don't like as much this year.

Looking at the contest, I found my 4 guys:

QB - Garrard

RB - Leonard

WR - J Jones

TE - Johnson

I'd be amazed if all 4 of these guys weren't in the top 3-4 owned at their positions. I do like Leonard and Jones this year, although they may be overhyped. I don't like Garrard or Johnson.

I think that an important part of this contest is staying with the crowd to a degree, yet distinguishing yourself with some less common players. Ben Watson didn't have a great year last season, but he was on so many rosters that it was hard to advance if you didn't have him. Even on his down weeks he was safe because so many people had him. But if he had an up week and your TE didn't, you were in trouble.

Anyone else try to get some "popular" picks but avoid others?

QB - Peyton Manning - 31

QB - David Garrard - 2

RB - Larry Johnson - 49

RB - Ahman Green - 23

RB - DeShaun Foster - 13

WR - Chad Johnson - 43

WR - Lee Evans - 29

WR - Laveranues Coles - 25

WR - Sinorice Moss - 1

WR - Kevin Walter - 1

TE - Donald Lee - 1

TE - Robert Royal - 1

TE - Eric Johnson - 1

TE - Alex Smith - 1

PK - Rob Bironas - 1

PK - John Kasay - 1

PK - Shaun Suisham - 1

PK - Nick Folk - 1

TD - Baltimore Ravens - 7

TD - Carolina Panthers - 3

Total value: 250

went with the "I aint leaving points on my bench" theory.
Haven't seen a team yet whose WR's can top mine.

Here's my shot (again, not eligible):

QB - Carson Palmer - 26

QB - Jeff Garcia - 8

RB - Willis McGahee - 29

RB - Fred Taylor - 17

RB - Leon Washington - 14

WR - Calvin Johnson - 23

WR - Joey Galloway - 20

WR - Isaac Bruce - 15

WR - Patrick Crayton - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

WR - Chris Henry - 2

TE - Heath Miller - 11

TE - Bo Scaife - 9

PK - Rian Lindell - 1

PK - Ryan Longwell - 1

TD - Green Bay Packers - 3

TD - Houston Texans - 1

QB - Originally had Rex and Favre at QB, but then decided to go the "All or Nothing" approach. I'd be gunning to WIN this contest, not just be consistent. Therefore I looked at the playoff schedule and CINCY lights up at QB like a Christmas tree, as does Tampa Bay.

Thought about a third, but can't really think when I'd need input from Garrard with these two. Went with more WRs instead.

RB - Five good to great options, all with either big play potential or TD potential, or both. I think all could have 40+ receptions which is a slight boost, but I cared more about big play potential and value.

WR - Mixture of talents, but I want TDs and big play potential. CJ2/Galloway/Berrian will be solid, and Bruce is a nice solid WR4. The next 3 are values (Crayton, Demetrius and Jacoby Jones). Chris Henry - see Palmer comments above.

TE - Two solid mid-range guys who both should get a lot of looks. I care more about receptions than TDs, as 4 catches = 6 pts.

PK - Cheap. One in a dome. Early byes.

TD - Cheap and big play potential. Good returner helps (Houston, maybe TEN). 3 due to volatility.

Bye comments - Again, couldn't care less for the most part as long as (A) I don't have a ton of guys off the same week, and (B) if it was a close call, I'll take the hit early and go with a Week 4-5 bye, as more advance early.

There was a blurb from camp that he was working on pass catching this offseason. If he can add that element, he could be huge this year. :lmao:

RB - Rudi Johnson - 40

RB - Cedric Benson - 32

RB - DeShaun Foster - 13

RB - Warrick Dunn - 12

RB - Sammy Morris - 3

RB - Tony Hunt - 1

WR - Calvin Johnson - 23

WR - Isaac Bruce - 15

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Patrick Crayton - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

TE - Owen Daniels - 11

TE - Eric Johnson - 1

PK - Olindo Mare - 3

PK - John Kasay - 1

TD - Chicago Bears - 8

TD - Houston Texans - 1

Ahh, I see.

WR - Chad Johnson - 43

WR - Lee Evans - 29

WR - Sinorice Moss - 1

WR - Kevin Walter - 1

Your just not looking hard enoughWR - Chad Johnson - 43

WR - Lee Evans - 29

WR - Ronald Curry - 8

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

WR - Shaun McDonald - 1

PS - that same team has you beat at RB and TE also

QB - Carson Palmer - 26

QB - Matt Leinart - 14

QB - David Garrard - 2

RB - Laurence Maroney - 38

RB - Ladell Betts - 14

RB - DeShaun Foster - 13

RB - Anthony Thomas - 4

WR - Roy Williams - 36

WR - D.J. Hackett - 16

WR - Drew Bennett - 6

WR - Arnaz Battle - 5

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Patrick Crayton - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

TE - Owen Daniels - 11

TE - Bo Scaife - 9

PK - Olindo Mare - 3

PK - Jason Hanson - 2

TD - Jacksonville Jaguars - 4

TD - Miami Dolphins - 4

This is a very interesting contest. The values I believe were Leinart-$14, Garrard-$2. By looking back at my roster I may have selected to many RB's (3) needing an injury to be huge, Betts, Foster, A-Train. Only time will tell.

I entered a team several weeks ago. I check back on it early yesterday morning only to find the team I selected had been erased.

As fast as I could, I re-entered what I could remember and made the rest up. Here's what I ended up with...

QB - Drew Brees - 21

QB - Philip Rivers - 19

QB - Joey Harrington - 6

RB - Willie Parker - 44

RB - Brandon Jacobs - 26

RB - Dominic Rhodes - 3

RB - Brian Leonard - 3

WR - Isaac Bruce - 15

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Patrick Crayton - 3

WR - Bryant Johnson - 3

WR - Derek Hagan - 2

TE - Antonio Gates - 35

TE - Donald Lee - 1

PK - Neil Rackers - 2

PK - John Kasay - 1

PK - Nick Folk - 1

TD - San Diego Chargers - 5

TD - Miami Dolphins - 4

Total value: 249

Here's hope the glitch sends me to the championship! :lmao: :headbang:

WR - Chad Johnson - 43

WR - Lee Evans - 29

WR - Sinorice Moss - 1

WR - Kevin Walter - 1

WR - Lee Evans - 29

WR - Ronald Curry - 8

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

WR - Shaun McDonald - 1

Link to team? And Coles>Berrian, and seeing how his other 3 of 4 are the same, I dont feel too inferior here.

I have more time now so here goes my reasoning :excited:

QB - Drew Brees - 21

QB - David Garrard - 2

Brees was the cheapest of the top tier QBs and could easily end up as QB2

Culpepper and Garrard = cheap insurance

RB - Laurence Maroney - 38

RB - Cedric Benson - 32

RB - Kevin Jones - 16

RB - Dominic Rhodes - 3

Maroney and Benson - I wanted 2 RBs that could be top10. These two have the biggest upside in my eyes after the big $ backs.

Kevin Jones - The longshot, if he can return those that have him will be tough to beat.

Dominic Rhodes - Late bye weeks for Maroney and Benson, he should be the OAK starter by then.

risk - if Jones and Rhodes don't pan out I'm in big trouble weeks 9 and 10

WR - Chad Johnson - 43

WR - Lee Evans - 29

WR - Ronald Curry - 8

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

WR - Shaun McDonald - 1

Wanted a few top dogs and then the must haves in my mind. Chad Johnson is my WR1 and Lee Evans has those HUGE games that could get me through a few down weeks. Berrian and Holmes = same as Evans. Ronald Curry and Wes Welker should be pretty steady week to week with 10-15 point outings. Jacoby and Mcdonald longshots to have a few good weeks.

TE - Owen Daniels - 11

TE - Eric Johnson - 1

Big on Daniels this year and just pray that Johnson is healthy in week 10.

PK - Ryan Longwell - 1

PK - Kris Brown - 1

Who cares

TD - Houston Texans - 1

Like the 9ers D for turnovers and sacks this year. Banta Cain, Lewis, Clements should make the difference. Other two were the best of the $1 in my eyes.

I love this contest :confused:

WR - Chad Johnson - 43

WR - Lee Evans - 29

WR - Sinorice Moss - 1

WR - Kevin Walter - 1

WR - Lee Evans - 29

WR - Ronald Curry - 8

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

WR - Shaun McDonald - 1

Link to team? And Coles>Berrian, and seeing how his other 3 of 4 are the same, I dont feel too inferior here.
Team is up...we just see things differently. I'm not big on Coles and Ahman, and your not big on Berrian and Benson/Maroney probably...so we shall see.

Crossing my fingers on the QB position:

QB - Matt Schaub - 10

QB - Joey Harrington - 6

QB - David Garrard - 2

RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - 70

RB - Ahman Green - 23

RB - Michael Robinson - 3

RB - Tony Hunt - 1

WR - Jerry Porter - 11

WR - Arnaz Battle - 5

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

TE - Antonio Gates - 35

TE - Eric Johnson - 1

PK - Neil Rackers - 2

PK - Rian Lindell - 1

TD - Chicago Bears - 8

That's because I hadn't posted my team yet. Here you go, spike:QB - Alex Smith - 12QB - Daunte Culpepper - 4QB - David Garrard - 2Smith has a potential to be very very good. Culpep and Garrard are the best deals on the board. I'd be surprised if 50% of the people haven't taken them.RB - Willis McGahee - 29RB - Deuce McAllister - 23RB - LaMont Jordan - 19RB - Chester Taylor - 16RB - Dominic Rhodes - 3Picked four starters for RBs, none of them have overlapping buy weeks. All buy weeks are early (before the tough cuts in weeks 8-10).WR - Marvin Harrison - 40WR - Marques Colston - 27WR - Reggie Brown - 24WR - Vincent Jackson - 17WR - Mike Furrey - 8WR - Wes Welker - 3Picked four (potentially five) starting WRs, none of them have overlapping buy weeks. All buy weeks are early (before the tough cuts in weeks 8-10).TE - Bo Scaife - 9TE - Leonard Pope - 2MehPK - Ryan Longwell - 1PK - John Kasay - 1PK - Shaun Suisham - 1meh.TD - Baltimore Ravens - 7TD - Detroit Lions - 1TD - Arizona Cardinals - 1what the hell. D can actually contribute in this setup.Total value: 250

That's because I hadn't posted my team yet. Here you go, spike:QB - Alex Smith - 12QB - Daunte Culpepper - 4QB - David Garrard - 2RB - Willis McGahee - 29RB - Deuce McAllister - 23RB - LaMont Jordan - 19RB - Chester Taylor - 16RB - Dominic Rhodes - 3WR - Marvin Harrison - 40WR - Marques Colston - 27WR - Reggie Brown - 24WR - Vincent Jackson - 17WR - Mike Furrey - 8WR - Wes Welker - 3TE - Bo Scaife - 9TE - Leonard Pope - 2PK - Ryan Longwell - 1PK - John Kasay - 1PK - Shaun Suisham - 1TD - Baltimore Ravens - 7TD - Detroit Lions - 1TD - Arizona Cardinals - 1Total value: 250
Nice :lmao: and your QB's rock as well.

Now that I think about it, I wonder how many people are coming in today to check on their roster only to find it had been mysteriously deleted and now they are out of the contest?

If you did the rest of the contest right, you likely had little to spend at defense or kicker. Chase's DBBC selections of Minnesota/Tennessee cost $4 and was the direction I went. Nick Folk was a steal at $1. I think two kickers was the right approach in all cases. Three defenses could work though because of the variability of the position.
With the new kicker scoring rule I went in a different direction. My league uses the same type of kicker scoring and most weeks there are usually 4 or so kickers with 15-20 points. I went with 4 kickers to try and nab one of those high scores each week. That would provide some nice separation for a relatively small price ($6 for 4 PK's). I felt that I had a better chance of hitting a high score with a $1 or $2 kicker than I did with a $1-3 runner. I did the same for defense. In last years contest I noticed that for my RB's, I almost always used my top 2 or 3 RB's and the $1-$6 RB's rarely if ever contributed to my weekly score. So this year I decided to go with only 3 RB's, but to mitigate a bad RB week I went with 7 WR's. I am sure there will be weeks where all 3 RB's crap the bed, but I doubt that having Tony Hunt and Lorenzo Booker would save my bacon. So my strategy was to use 2 solid RB's "1st round" RB's and then a Jamal Lewis as my 3rd RB. I am a lot higher on Jamal than most this year. I also see him catching 30+ balls this season. QB - Matt Hasselbeck - 15QB - Matt Schaub - 10RB - Willie Parker - 44RB - Shaun Alexander - 41RB - Jamal Lewis - 22WR - Terrell Owens - 40WR - Javon Walker - 35WR - Arnaz Battle - 5WR - Bobby Wade - 5WR - Wes Welker - 3WR - Bryant Johnson - 3WR - Nate Burleson - 3TE - Bo Scaife - 9TE - Eric Johnson - 1PK - Josh Brown - 2PK - Neil Rackers - 2PK - Ryan Longwell - 1PK - John Kasay - 1TD - Seattle Seahawks - 3TD - Oakland Raiders - 3TD - Arizona Cardinals - 1TD - Tennessee Titans - 1

Once you've seen everyone's roster, you realize everyone has the same bargains, and the players you really need to root for are the ones owned by a lower percentage of subscribers.

Last year, most contenders had Gore, so to do really well, you needed another bargain, less obvious, to really knock it out of the park.

So yeah, I have Garrard, Holmes, Berrian, Curtis, and Battle on my team. But the guys I am really hoping kill it are guys like Jerome Harrison, Chris Henry, and Dominic Rhodes.

My WR's seem like a consensus of FBG, so I am not looking to get much separation from the pack from them, unfortunately.

I couldn't bring myself to spend some of the dollars on the TE's, which was probably a mistake.

What do you guys think? I actually forgot about the contest until late Monday night, almost missed it.

QB - Philip Rivers - 19

QB - David Garrard - 2

RB - Joseph Addai - 46

RB - Edgerrin James - 29

RB - Kevin Faulk - 6

RB - Chris Henry - 3

RB - Sammy Morris - 3

RB - Greg Jones - 1

WR - Reggie Wayne - 39

WR - Terry Glenn - 15

WR - Marty Booker - 5

WR - Dwayne Bowe - 4

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

TE - Jason Witten - 19

TE - Jeb Putzier - 1

PK - Olindo Mare - 3

PK - Nick Folk - 1

TD - Philadelphia Eagles - 3

TD - Indianapolis Colts - 3

What do you guys think? I actually forgot about the contest until late Monday night, almost missed it.QB - Philip Rivers - 19QB - David Garrard - 2RB - Joseph Addai - 46RB - Edgerrin James - 29RB - Kevin Faulk - 6RB - Chris Henry - 3RB - Sammy Morris - 3RB - Greg Jones - 1WR - Reggie Wayne - 39WR - T.J. Houshmandzadeh - 34WR - Terry Glenn - 15WR - Devery Henderson - 9WR - Marty Booker - 5WR - Dwayne Bowe - 4WR - Wes Welker - 3WR - Jacoby Jones - 2TE - Jason Witten - 19TE - Jeb Putzier - 1PK - Olindo Mare - 3PK - Nick Folk - 1TD - Philadelphia Eagles - 3TD - Indianapolis Colts - 3
Severe problems in week 6 when Addai & Wayne are out. You'll need one of your flier RB's and 3 of your weaker WR's to all have great games.

Spent less time on it this year than last year, and didn't make any last minute changes. Here's what I have:

QB - Marc Bulger - 23

QB - Matt Leinart - 14

QB - Jeff Garcia - 8

I figured that of Bulger and Leinart, either has the potential to blow up week to week, with Bulger perhaps having a higher floor and lower ceiling. Garcia has the potential to throw up crazy points a handful of times during the season and can still scramble for points.

RB - Cedric Benson - 32

RB - Fred Taylor - 17

RB - Kevin Jones - 16

RB - DeShaun Foster - 13

RB - Brian Leonard - 3

RB - Tony Hunt - 1

Benson should be the main ballcarrier all season and I don't try to predict injuries. Fred was, in my opinion, undervalued as I expect him to turn in similar numbers to last year. KJ should be good value assuming he gets healthy by week 4 or so (and I last that long). Similar strategy with Foster...between him, Fred, and KJ I was looking for veteran value where others were going to pick the other "starter" in each RBBC at a higher cost. Leonard and Hunt were fliers that could randomly put up a 2TD kind of week off of GL work or passes out of the backfield.

WR - Lee Evans - 29

WR - Isaac Bruce - 15

WR - Brandon Marshall - 11

WR - Kevin Curtis - 10

WR - Wes Welker - 3

WR - Patrick Crayton - 3

WR - Chris Henry - 2

I'll likely live and die with Lee Evans on this squad. Crayton could help me out and Bruce should be steady. Otherwise I took guys with upside versus their cost.

TE - Todd Heap - 26

TE - Daniel Graham - 7

People will probably say I spent too much on TE, and I'm fine with that. I think that either of these guys can have those surprise weeks that keep me above the cut line.

PK - Adam Vinatieri - 5

PK - Neil Rackers - 2

Went with guys that are on offenses that will give them opportunities to kick it. Plain and simple.

TD - New England Patriots - 6

TD - Miami Dolphins - 4

I'm not a specialist in team defenses as my main league uses IDP starters, so I just went with teams that seemed like performers based on the DD calculations.

Long-time listener, first-time caller.

QB - Peyton Manning - 31

QB - David Garrard - 2

Well, according to Dave Dodds I actually managed to stumble into the correct strategy here. I am not a fan of Peyton generally and didn't want to lose to teams that have him. :bag:

RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - 70

RB - Steven Jackson - 60

RB - Sammy Morris - 3

RB - Tony Hunt - 1

RB - Greg Jones - 1

Here's where I'll lose, because I didn't have enough $$ left for a good flex guy. However, hopefully having the top two RBs (around whom I built the team, after starting with them) should compensate . . . but bye weeks could be ugly unless Maroney vanishes from relevance.

WR - Brandon Marshall - 11

WR - Ernest Wilford - 3

WR - Jacoby Jones - 2

WR - Robert Ferguson - 1

WR - Travis Taylor - 1

Not sure what I was thinking with Fergie and Taylor, but I really like the rest of this group. I thought Jacoby Jones was a steal, as did everyone else. Where was James Jones? I looked and looked but couldn't find him. I like Williams and Wilford this season, not just in best ball but in all formats. Hopefully V-Jax is a stud. I didn't have quite enough cash for Holmes.

TE - Owen Daniels - 11

TE - Donald Lee - 1

TE - Eric Johnson - 1

Enh. Glad I caught on to Johnson since DD thinks he's a good choice here, but this is really going to depend on Daniels. I started with Gates (plus the two RBs) but just couldn't make it work.

PK - Adam Vinatieri - 5

PK - Neil Rackers - 2

I guess the consensus is that Vino was a waste of a few bucks, and after thinking about it some more, I'm tempted to agree. Nick Folk should have been the buy here.

TD - Chicago Bears - 8

I wanted the best in this category. I'm not sure I agree with having three defenses.

Well, fun for a first shot anyway. GL all!

I haven't seen a roster that is comparable to mine, which can either be good or bad....

QB - Matt Leinart - 14

QB - Alex Smith - 12

QB - David Garrard - 2

RB - Travis Henry - 43

RB - Maurice Jones-Drew - 40

RB - Thomas Jones - 27

RB - Marshawn Lynch - 22

RB - Noah Herron - 3

RB - T.J. Duckett - 2

RB - Greg Jones - 1

WR - Donte Stallworth - 14