What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (1 Viewer)

Not a fan of the Chevy? Christmas commercial where the daughter restores her dead mom’s old convertible for her dad. For starters, he goes out there and sits in it, so no way would he not notice it missing long enough to be “surprised”. Second, what message does this really send the brand?

Chevrolet -It’s been 60 years since we made a good car.

Not a fan of the Chevy? Christmas commercial where the daughter restores her dead mom’s old convertible for her dad. For starters, he goes out there and sits in it, so no way would he not notice it missing long enough to be “surprised”. Second, what message does this really send the brand?

The second one the campaign is good though... Dad sees the car missing, thinks it's stolen and goes on a bender in Vegas. Only after hitting as much blow and trollops as he can handle, sees a jackass tourist driving the identical car...murders him, and hightails the car back home- only to find the Christmas miracle of a second car waiting for him there.

Pretty sure the opening where he puts a new wreath on the door of the garage indicates he only goes out there rarely (once a year?).  I think they are conveying he doesn't do this every day.

As far as the message, maybe "hey, we used to make really cool cars and still make the Corvette.  You won't believe the other crap we make.  Come check us out."

No gas, no squeegie commercial.

So the guy with the electric car takes up a valuable pump spot to use something at a business where he didn’t buy something and is condescending to the employee for trying to protect the overhead of the business.

And we are supposed to be mad at the gas station? Oh hell no. 

Last edited by a moderator:
this Taco Bell commercial where the guy shows his girfriend how to dip his taco in that tiny cup of "nacho" cheese like he's come up with a cure for cancer.

THEN ...THEN ...she takes his ####### his $4 crunchwrap supreme and gives that nickelbag-sized of plain chips with no sauce in exchange ...and calls it "sharing".  

this Taco Bell commercial where the guy shows his girfriend how to dip his taco in that tiny cup of "nacho" cheese like he's come up with a cure for cancer.

THEN ...THEN ...she takes his ####### his $4 crunchwrap supreme and gives that nickelbag-sized of plain chips with no sauce in exchange ...and calls it "sharing".  
Before he dips he also puts a chip inside his taco to give it the crunch 🤌🏼

More a general thing but watching diabetes commercials almost makes you want to have diabetes.  Everyone looks to be having such a wonderful time!!  And all they have to do is scan some disc on their arm, or do a thing, then they can eat like pigs!! It's awesome!!!    Clearly diabetes isn't a big deal.   

Last edited by a moderator:

So the guy with the electric car takes up a valuable pump spot to use something at a business where he didn’t buy something and is condescending to the employee for trying to protect the overhead of the business.

I used to work for an architecture firm that did gas stations.  They actually count each pump as a parking spot for the site.  Kinda-sorta related?

Hate the commercial but "Oh I don't need gas."

Wait . . . you stopped your road trip for a . . . squeegie? 

I just spent $20k on a camera package for my Chevy pickup. So I can monitor traffic around me while I pull my trailer, or to help me back in my camper? No. Because my daughter is apparently such a hoor that if I don't use it to watch the back seat, she'll go down on every boy like Lois Anderson on an all-you-can-eat buffet. And apparently I'm to stupid to realize that the free rear view mirror that came with the truck would serve the same purpose.

DallasDMac said:
I just spent $20k on a camera package for my Chevy pickup. So I can monitor traffic around me while I pull my trailer, or to help me back in my camper? No. Because my daughter is apparently such a hoor that if I don't use it to watch the back seat, she'll go down on every boy like Lois Anderson on an all-you-can-eat buffet. And apparently I'm to stupid to realize that the free rear view mirror that came with the truck would serve the same purpose.
I've never heard of Lois Anderson; is she a pr)n star?

John Leguizamo’s voice in the papa john’s commercial is like nails on a chalkboard. Brutal.  Mute every time.

the olympians and the dinosaurs is beyond pointless.  also, lots of race baiting type commercials…..example is the AA speed skater who says “i’m african american and surrounded by people who aren’t”……..is this because white people like me want to keep the sport of speed skating for whites only?  i was wondering if a white basketball player did this commercial, would it be perceived well?

"I don't want to be a Lego!!" 

I've literally heard and/or seen this commercial a thousand times in the last couple of months. Please, make it stop. 

Chevy Equalnox ad:  couple discussing what to have for dinner.  First the woman says she had sushi yesterday.  Later asked about seafood, she replies she doesn't like seafood.  Isn't sushi seafood?  :confused:
it bothers me as well but maybe she likes the veggie rolls or that California roll garbage and not lobster and crab or something 

also that commercial comes on Hulu like every 5 minutes so I hate it

HATE it so much.  Life isn't fair, you entitled little twerp.  I'd wish you drop your sucker and it gets covered in human and service-animal hair, but you'd just whine about your lot in life until Lily gave you another sucker.  Gah!

And not one thank you can be heard.  

Users who are viewing this thread