What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Knockout game (1 Viewer)

This is apparently spreading. They were talking about it in the DC area as well. Really really messed up stuff. I'm not sure what it says about our society when kids think this kind of thing is funny. I can only imagine what these same kids will do for entertainment when they're adults.

the quick clip they show of the woman getting hit was not the knockout game, fwiw. it was some adult nutcase who punched a woman.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what it says about our society when kids think this kind of thing is funny.
A lot of those kids will soon be learning the "hey #####, toss my salad game".
Step 1 for society to address this scourge: Don't lessen the scourge by making it the actions of just kids when, in reality, many of the Knockout Game participants are in their late teens and early twenties.

I'm not sure what it says about our society when kids think this kind of thing is funny.
Step 1 for society to address this scourge: Don't lessen the scourge by making it the actions of just kids when, in reality, many of the Knockout Game participants are in their late teens and early twenties.
Can I see your dataset for knockout game participants?

Its crap like this that causes people that are prone to do dumb things due to racial profling, to do REALLY stupid things due to racial profiling.

Racist Translation - These things turn a guy like George Zimmerman from a neighborhood watch man into an alleged murderer.

I believe this was covered in the last census.

Its crap like this that causes people that are prone to do dumb things due to racial profling, to do REALLY stupid things due to racial profiling.

Racist Translation - These things turn a guy like George Zimmerman from a neighborhood watch man into an alleged murderer.
lol

oh good lord

This game is going to end badly when someone picks the wrong target who can take a punch and is carrying.

What does knocking out an unsuspecting 53 year old teacher really prove?

I opened this thread thinking this was the basketball game.

I used to rule at that game and wanted to brag. :kicksrock:

I thought I started a topic about this but it must have been in the GMTAN. It's a terrible problem here in STL. Mother####ers killed some elderly Vietnamese man. I would like to carve them all up.

Spin said:
This game is going to end badly when someone picks the wrong target who can take a punch and is carrying.
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/08/point_it_out_knock_it_out_brut.html

Hmm, apparently it already has, kid is lucky to be alive and that he only got shot in the leg.
Total BS, the kids going to get off because the "target" wasn't injured
She also said an aggravated assault charge would not stick because it requires the victim to be seriously injured.

The felony stun-gun charge is more serious than simple assault, a 90-day misdemeanor, McCormick added.
Could get 2 years for the stun possession.

Piecing together the description of the perpetrators in every article I've read regarding the Knockout Game: black perpetrators ranging in age from adolescence to mid-twenties.

Piecing together the description of the perpetrators in every article I've read regarding the Knockout Game: black perpetrators ranging in age from adolescence to mid-twenties.
Thats racist.

Link to any story with the perps being older than 21?

Monday - 11/18/2013, 3:04pm ET

WASHINGTON -- She was hoping for a nice bike ride through Columbia Heights, but instead Phoebe Connolly was punched in the face by a teenager.

"He just like threw a hook with his left hand, and just got me right in the face," she says. "And he said 'wa-pow' as he hit me in the face." Connolly escaped on her bike with a bloody nose.

A 27-year-old woman was also punched in the District Thursday night. That victim did not lose consciousness, she told ABC 7.

It's part of a growing trend known as the "knockout game," ABC 7 reports. Cases have been reported in New York and New Jersey where the victims did lose consciousness.

Follow @WTOP on Twitter.

AhrnCityPahnder said:
Oh, sorry, just saw this. Here..."St. Louis County Police describe the suspect as an African American man in his 20s or 30s, six foot three inches tall, weighing 280 pounds and has a scruffy beard."

http://www.kmov.com/news/mobile/Police-searching-for-suspect-after-beating-in-Jennings-216247041.html

Monday - 11/18/2013, 3:04pm ET

WASHINGTON -- She was hoping for a nice bike ride through Columbia Heights, but instead Phoebe Connolly was punched in the face by a teenager.

"He just like threw a hook with his left hand, and just got me right in the face," she says. "And he said 'wa-pow' as he hit me in the face." Connolly escaped on her bike with a bloody nose.

A 27-year-old woman was also punched in the District Thursday night. That victim did not lose consciousness, she told ABC 7.

It's part of a growing trend known as the "knockout game," ABC 7 reports. Cases have been reported in New York and New Jersey where the victims did lose consciousness.

Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
I'm sorry, but :lmao:

AhrnCityPahnder said:
Oh, sorry, just saw this. Here..."St. Louis County Police describe the suspect as an African American man in his 20s or 30s, six foot three inches tall, weighing 280 pounds and has a scruffy beard."

http://www.kmov.com/news/mobile/Police-searching-for-suspect-after-beating-in-Jennings-216247041.html
Are we just attributing every random assault to this game now? If so, I'm sure you can find tons of examples.

Every news story I've seen about this being a new trend is full of kids 12-17. Not that it makes it a whole lot better.....but I'm a lot more willing to be lenient with a 13 year old randomly punching someone than I am 25 year old doing the same.

Are we just attributing every random assault to this game now? If so, I'm sure you can find tons of examples.

Every news story I've seen about this being a new trend is full of kids 12-17. Not that it makes it a whole lot better.....but I'm a lot more willing to be lenient with a 13 year old randomly punching someone than I am 25 year old doing the same.
No, we're going to attribute assaults that match the elements of The Knockout Game. Namely:

- a completely unprovoked sucker punch

- that the victim often doesn't see coming

- generally to the head

- of a completely random stranger

- with the intent of knocking the person out

- with no further attack to the prone victim

- and nothing stolen from the prone victim.

The above linked case matched those elements, and the police are seeking a perpetrator in his twenties or thirties.

The below linked article also has a case that the authors believe fall under the umbrella of The Knockout Game which involves an older perpetrator.

In all honesty, though, it's impossible to tell whether the perpetrator is actually playing The Knockout Game or is just an evil person because the perp is seldom going to admit the truth behind their attack.

What Is The ‘Knockout’ Game? (by NewsOne Staff)16-year-old Tasneem Kabir was viciously punched from behind byMichael Ayode, 34, in a 2012 attack that was captured on camera. When a judge asked him why he did it, he said, “she didn’t have a friendly face.”

What deep seeded anger these people must have is pure evil. To receive a thrill out of punching a random person is awful. We have failed.

And the "maybe people are good?" feelings lingering from the Bat Kid are now officially gone.

People suck.

Why are blacks so violent. This wouldn't fly in Texas, subhuman individuals that need to die. More people need to carry and make this game not worth it. This is why I carry, I wold not hsve a problem, putting a round right between there eyes.
you're as messed up as those kids

Why are blacks so violent. This wouldn't fly in Texas, subhuman individuals that need to die. More people need to carry and make this game not worth it. This is why I carry, I wold not hsve a problem, putting a round right between there eyes.
Sorry, I take it back. I let my emotions get the better of me. I know we are supposed to be excellent to others in here.You are more messed up than those kids. My apologies knockout kids.

Yeah sure I am, they are not defending themselves, they are attackers with zero moral values. Yeah I would kill them with a smile on my face. They and their whole attitude needs to die off.

Sorry, I take it back. I let my emotions get the better of me. I know we are supposed to be excellent to others in here.You are more messed up than those kids. My apologies knockout kids.
Not a surprise at all, you are as screwed up as they are. Ought to take out thier worthless single parent also.

Excellent ignorant and racist Texan schtick, complete with horrible grammar and spelling.

This is schtick, right? If not, it's more strong evidence to support my last statement that people suck.

Hope they succeed on your family, then you can cheer them on.

Excellent ignorant and racist Texan schtick, complete with horrible grammar and spelling.

This is schtick, right? If not, it's more strong evidence to support my last statement that people suck.
It is not the more of them that die the better off America is.

Users who are viewing this thread