What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NY Giants at Washington (1 Viewer)

I don't think this is an issue. They would have run the same play regardless of down. They needed a TD to win and had to throw. No timeouts left.

Lets cry more about the officiating mistake and not Garcon handing the ball off to the Giants.
While Garcons drops are a factor of him quitting and having no respect for RG3 and Shanny, that is an officiating blunder of epic proportions.

Jeff Tripplett needs to be sat down for that
He should be suspended absolutely.
The cardinal sin was Tripplett's ready-for-play. He should check the down with his guys and he should also notice the sticks. He did check with his guys....but it was a glance and he was clearly just trying to get to ready-for-play whistle. Meanwhile, the HL should have blown the whistle when Triplett pointed at him and indicated "3" with his hand. Both are in deep do-do.

No one is holding these refs accountable, they are able to do what they want.

Send a message to the Refs too Goodell, you sure love to punish players when they screw up.

It is starting to look more and more like these officials can be on the take.

The cardinal sin was Tripplett's ready-for-play. He should check the down with his guys and he should also notice the sticks. He did check with his guys....but it was a glance and he was clearly just trying to get to ready-for-play whistle. Meanwhile, the HL should have blown the whistle when Triplett pointed at him and indicated "3" with his hand. Both are in deep do-do.
He signaled first down, you see him clearly holding up one finger and the linesman moving the chains.

No excuse regardless of drops, I have no care for either team, but I hate seeing refs who are supposed to be better then anyone else make mistakes us on the coach can clearly see.

He signaled first down, you see him clearly holding up one finger and the linesman moving the chains.

No excuse regardless of drops, I have no care for either team, but I hate seeing refs who are supposed to be better then anyone else make mistakes us on the coach can clearly see.
Complete incompetence....cant believe there was a third team on the field who outdid the Skins and Giants ineptitude tonight

I lost my spot in the Tivo now, but I thought the LJ and Triplett signaled 3rd down and the only one who signaled 1st was the HL; is that not correct?

I lost my spot in the Tivo now, but I thought the LJ and Triplett signaled 3rd down and the only one who signaled 1st was the HL; is that not correct?
I stand corrected, he did hold up 3 fingers. Bottom line he is the head offical he saw the moved the chains, it is his responsibility wearing the white hat.

Just saw this quote from Shanny on Twitter...

Shanahan on that last sequence: "Well, I said I wanted a measurement and he said, 'You don't have to, it's a first down.'"

What happened? Stuck at work and didn't see.
The Linesman near the Washington bench told Shanny he wouldn't give a measurement because it wasn't needed (Shanny had asked for one because it's was 3rd down and very close to the line). The other officials (the head official, most noteably) said it was 3rd down. The Linesman (and some others) said it was a first down and even changed the signs to show it, and then moved the chains.

The Skins throw a long pass (like you would on 1st down) and after the play, the chains magically move back to the original spot and the signs now say 4th down.

Shanny has a cow. Al Michaels ####s a brick. The officials act like nothing happened. Next play Skins turn it over when Garcon says "Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!".

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened? Stuck at work and didn't see.
The Redskins had a 2nd down pass end up about half a yard short of the first down marker then threw it incomplete on 3rd down. On 4th down they completed a pass and got enough for the first down but fumbled and turned it over.

I stand corrected, he did hold up 3 fingers. Bottom line he is the head offical he saw the moved the chains, it is his responsibility wearing the white hat.
Absolutely. He should check with his officials and his sticks before whistling RFP. And the HL should notice Triplett put up 3 and whistled right then. They're both in trouble.

Not following this made up scandal at all.

Whats the difference if it was 1st down or 4th down? Garcon fumbled either way.

Probably wouldn't have been a long pass if it was 3rd and inches. It doesn't excuse the fumble from Garcon, but chances are that exact pass never happens only needing a short sideline pass the play before.

Also, if the play's called correctly, the clock stops for a measurement and Shanny can have the team lined up for a quick QB sneak without losing much time at all. Clock stops again after the sneak for a few seconds while the officials clear the pile, find the ball and reset it for the first down, Shanny has the next play already called and it's run.

Easy first down with hardly any time lost. IF the officials had called it correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

The play calling and urgency to move the ball a certain distance.

Are you serious you dont know how this affected the game?

Lets cry more about the officiating mistake and not Garcon handing the ball off to the Giants.
While Garcons drops are a factor of him quitting and having no respect for RG3 and Shanny, that is an officiating blunder of epic proportions.
I was mostly referring to Al Michaels. Yeah it was a huge blunder by the refs, but once 3rd down is done and gone it's time to regroup and convert that 4th down. Instead Garcon poops on himself, that's one you expect him to easily catch and secure. He did the very same thing a set of downs earlier on 3rd and 1, I think that was the situation, dropped an easy pass for a 1st down.

Users who are viewing this thread