What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

QB - Carson Wentz - PHI/10 - $19
QB - Lamar Jackson - BAL/8 - $12

RB - Dalvin Cook - MIN/12 - $24
RB - Chris Carson - SEA/11 - $18 5000
RB - Miles Sanders - PHI/10 - $15
RB - Duke Johnson - HOU/10 - $9
RB - Matt Breida - SF/4 - $9

WR - Amari Cooper - DAL/8 - $24
WR - Chris Godwin - TB/7 - $22
WR - Tyler Lockett - SEA/11 - $19
WR - Dede Westbrook - JAX/10 - $13
WR - TreQuan Smith - NO/9 - $8
WR - Josh Gordon - NE/10 - $6

TE - Hunter Henry - LAC/12 - $17
TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/8 - $9
TE - Darren Waller - OAK/6 - $8

PK - Stephen Gostkowski - NE/10 - $6
PK - Matt Prater - DET/4 - $4

TD - Dallas Cowboys - DAL/8 - $5
TD - New York Jets - NYJ/4 - $3

nothing crazy, but I liked it. apparently so did at least one-two other people. :D  
While that does seem strange, keep in 407 people have Carson, Duke, Brieda, Gordon, and Lockett.  Switch Lockett to Andrews and there are 409 or 368 with Waller or 265 with Dallas.  

Lamar, Carson, Duke, Brieda, Gordon is 544.  511 if you swap Andrews for Brieda or 431 with Westbrook. Or 313 if you pull Carson and and insert Lockett or 172 if Cook.

So basically I found numerous combinations consisting of 10 of your players that you shared in common with north of 200 people.  While I won't discount that someone could have copied you, except for Cooper, your roster is a who's who of the bargain/value plays discussed in the thread.

The good news is that you will do extremely well in this contest based on the lack of uniqueness.

From the ownership numbers and pricing, I calculated that the average roster has:

QB: 2.6 for $34 (last year: 2.9 for $31)
RB: 5.3 for $83 (last year: 5.4 for $86)
WR: 5.7 for $82 (last year: 6.4 for $83)
TE: 2.3 for $30 (last year: 2.5 for $30)
PK: 2.2 for $10 (last year: 2.3 for $8)
DT: 2.2 for $12 (last year: 2.3 for $11)
in total, 20.3 for $250 (last year: 21.8 for $250)

Last edited by a moderator:
From the ownership numbers and pricing, I calculated that the average roster has:

QB: 2.6 for $34 (last year: 2.9 for $31)
RB: 5.3 for $83 (last year: 5.4 for $86)
WR: 5.7 for $82 (last year: 6.4 for $83)
TE: 2.3 for $30 (last year: 2.5 for $30)
PK: 2.2 for $10 (last year: 2.3 for $8)
DT: 2.2 for $12 (last year: 2.3 for $11)
in total, 20.3 for $250 (last year: 21.8 for $250)
Less players at each position across the board

So after you've seen other rosters posted, anybody stick out to you are someone you should have used?

Gore for $4 is mine. 😥

My final roster with 21 players. My toughest decision was Mahommes/Chubb vs. cheaper QB/Barkley. Otherwise I settled on the bulk of the roster early on, and it appears I picked several of the high percentage players. Given the overall pricing, it seemed like the ideal lineup would be 20-22 players. My initial instincts told me to fade Mahommes given he has the toughest schedule for QB and his playoff schedule is brutal. But the cheaper alternatives like L.Jackson, Brady, Goff would all be more highly owned. So even though I love Barkley this season, I went with Mahommes, who I think offers the highest pts/$ out of any player in the contest 

------------------------------------------------

Patrick Mahomes       $27      bye 12

Nick Foles             $8      bye 10                                                                                                    

Alvin Kamara          $33      bye 9                                                                                               

Nick Chubb            $25      bye 7                                                                                                    

Duke Johnson           $9      bye 10                                                                                                 

Matt Breida            $9      bye 4                                                                                                     

Devin Singletary       $8      bye 6                                                                                                      

Darwin Thompson        $5      bye 12                                                                                                      

Mike Evans            $27      bye 7                                                          

Calvin Ridley         $20      bye 9                                                                                                     

Dede Westbrook        $13      bye 10                                           

Josh Gordon            $6     bye 10                                                                                      

Mecole Hardman         $5      bye 12                             

Josh Reynolds          $4      bye 9                                              

George Kittle         $25      bye 4                                                                               

Darren Waller          $8      bye 6                                                                       

C.J. Uzomah            $4      bye 9                                               

Daniel Carlson         $3      bye 6                                                                      

Austin Seibert         $3      bye 7                                                             

Seattle Seahawks       $5      bye 11                                                                        

New York Jets          $3      bye 4                                                                                            

-----------------------------------------------

And finally, a note about the ads on the site.  When I setup the site I included some small ads to help with the cost of hosting but this year the ads are bigger - but I didn't do it!  :)    Ad sense recently made a change to the way ads are displayed which I believe has caused the ads to be larger than I originally intended.  I will take a look to see if the size of these ads can be adjusted somehow.
The site is incredible and I am grateful you continue to do it.  I will send money and hope you make a fortune off the ads. 

Okay gonna take a little more time now to go through my rooster :)

QBs - 3 for $32

QB - Lamar Jackson - BAL/8 - $12  5542 roosters
QB - Tom Brady - NE/10 - $11  2363
QB - Derek Carr - OAK/6 - $9 1374

72 entries have all 3.

Generally most of my combinations had some form of 3 low-priced guys like this though I did briefly play with the idea of something like a Cam/Lamar combo and considered Goff a little.  And the Mahomes scenario for about a nanosecond.  Jackson has upside and with his running ability could definitely have some gangbusters type games.  Brady should be good for a few big games - especially with the generous schedule.  Carr has a chance to contribute given he has a supreme talent like Antonio Br...oh never mind...but the combined schedules of these 3 games show promise for the championship weeks if I get that far.  Dak and Trubisky were thoughts in the Lamar slot.  Garoppolo was a thought in the Brady spot.  Started out with Dalton as I usually do but the schedule is just too rough to keep him (especially with that awful line).

RBs - 5 for $84

RB - James Conner - PIT/7 - $29  685 roosters
RB - Josh Jacobs - OAK/6 - $20  1849
RB - Chris Carson - SEA/11 - $18  5391
RB - Duke Johnson - HOU/10 - $9  5246 
RB - Devin Singletary - BUF/6 - $8  5023

Made some radical changes at the last minute and beefed up the amount to more my usual.  Conner only came into the mix at the end and I feel good to see that he is so lightly owned.  The rest of this bunch is on like a zillion rosters.  Mostly had underbought.  Duke was on every single permutation.  Singletary was on early then off and then he was a last minute add.  Carson was on almost all combos.  McCaffrey was probably the only true stud I looked into.  Chubb was on my roosters most of the time until late in the process.  Breida was there sometimes.  Had Ty Montgomery as well (Switched out Kerryon and him for Jacobs and Singletary late).  Gore was on sometimes as well.  Mixon not too often - that line.  Oof.  Had Pollard on a lot of versions of course until Zeke returned.

even though I have all 3 of the most-owned RBs, there are only 6(!) entries that have all 5 of these guys.

WRs - 7 for $78

WR - Keenan Allen - LAC/12 - $25  450 roosters
WR - Tyler Boyd - CIN/9 - $20  1181
WR - Curtis Samuel - CAR/7 - $12  2532
WR - A.J. Brown - TEN/11 - $7  324
WR - Josh Gordon - NE/10 - $6  7177
WR - Terry McLaurin - WAS/10 - $4  413
WR - Josh Reynolds - LAR/9 - $4  230

Shuffled a lot of guys in and out.  Of course Gordon was on all combinations.  Kinda surprised at McLovin's ownership - I had him just about the entire time as well.  Pretty surprised all in all about the ownership of some of these guys.  Reynolds is really the only guy who may not be on the field that much.  I really like Boyd's chances to shine given the new offense, Dalton's trust in him and Green's injury woes.  Ended up picking him rather than Lockett (who I did have a bunch).  Seemed to have all of the Jaguar options at one time or another but moved away from Conley as I have a lot of week 10 byes.  Seemed to have Golladay and/or Amendola most of the way as well but just don't have the trust there.  Keenan Allen was a very late add - pretty much all of my combinations assiduously avoided the Week 12 bye guys.  I decided late that one would be acceptable and settled on Allen as a potential value proposition.  He could be a differentiator for me. 

My lineup is the only one that has all 3 of Allen/Boyd and Samuel :excited: .  I traditionally have gone with more like 9 or 10 receivers but the pricing made that difficult.

TEs - 3 for $35

TE - Evan Engram - NYG/11 - $18  1534 roosters
TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/8 - $9  3896
TE - Mike Gesicki - MIA/5 - $8  110

Most of my permutations had 4 TEs and a lot of $$ invested in the position.  One lineup had Kittle/McDonald/Andrews and Gesicki.  Kittle was on most of the time.  But $59 is just way too much even with the 1.5 per reception.  So right at the end of things I pulled McDonald out of the lineup and set about reallocating the $$$ to RB and WR.  I think this was the right move.  Stunned that Gesicki is so little owned - especially given that the coaching staff would seemed to be the type that will use him a bunch.  Engram seems like a guy with the kind of upside that could put him in the top 3 - they plan to feed him and a chance in QB to the rookie probably only serves to enhance his opportunities. 

My rooster is the only one that has all 3 of these TEs :excited:

PK - 3 for $10

PK - Matt Prater - DET/5 - $4  2066 roosters
PK - Steve Hauschka - BUF/6 - $3  1582
PK - Austin Seibert - CLE/7 - $3  1416

Usually this is the first position I figure out and this year was no different.  3 kickers for $9 or $10 is a staple.  Makes sense to spread the risk and I did my best to pick guys who seem solidly entrenched .  Prater and Hauschka certainly fit that mold.  Seibert is a little bit more worrisome but he straightened himself out and given the investment as well as the opportunity with the Cleveland offense I am comfortable with the pick.

Even though these are 3 of the 5 most owned PKs - mine is one of only 17 entries that manage to have all 3.

DEF - 3 for $11

DEF - Seattle Seahawks - SEA/11 - $5  2550 roosters
DEF - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $3  549
DEF - New York Jets - NYJ/4 - $3  2172

Like kicker, I tend to settle on this position early, always take 3, and always invest $9 or $10.  Broke form a little this year and splurged for $11 but like a lot of FBG the addition of Clowney is enough of a game-changer that I had to add them.  It feels like the Bengals and Jets defenses always land on my rooster and this year is no different.  I think they tend to be underpriced compared to the opportunity in this format.  Scoring defense doesn't matter in the contest - returns however do.  The rules really lend themselves to this sort of arbitrage.

People are down on the Bengals so that was a differentiator here.  Mine is only one of 18 entries to have all 3.

So altogether I have 24 on my team.   Even thought I have the 5 most common players and 6 of the 8 most common, I am pleasantly surprised at the level of uniqueness - I usually end up regressing myself to the herd.  Hopefully it pays off for me :) .  My average player is 18.4% owned.  But the median falls around 13%.  And outside of those 6 heavily-owned guys, the average ownership for the rest plummets to just 10.3%

Good luck all!!! :boxing:

-QG

• Smile
Reactions: ZWK
Gronk is owned by 202. I didn't check to see if anyone owns both.
:no:

By the way 3 teams own Jeff Driskel (the least in the contest) - the Bengals put him on IR but he may be an injury settlement candidate.

Surprisingly all 3 are legit-type entries and not the 15-QB variety.

-QG

With no cuts this week it was a great time for Adams to put up less than 1/2 the points of his lowest game last year. 

Name Pos $ Bye Teams Team%
Baker Mayfield QB 19 7 901 7.1%
Jared Goff QB 14 9 2332 18.5%

Dalvin Cook RB 24 12 2746 21.8%
Devonta Freeman RB 23 9 771 6.1%
Jaylen Samuels RB 11 7 345 2.7%
Duke Johnson RB 9 10 5246 41.6%
Matt Breida RB 9 4 3903 31.0%
Ty Montgomery RB 5 4 699 5.5%
Tony Pollard RB 4 8 3108 24.7%

Jarvis Landry WR 18 7 507 4.0%
Jamison Crowder WR 11 4 657 5.2%
John Brown WR 9 6 1407 11.2%
Albert Wilson WR 9 5 388 3.1%
Adam Humphries WR 7 11 373 3.0%
Paul Richardson WR 7 10 159 1.3%
Josh Gordon WR 6 10 7177 56.9%

Evan Engram TE 18 11 1534 12.2%
Dallas Goedert TE 12 10 404 3.2%
Chris Herndon TE 8 4 1061 8.4%

Matt Prater K 4 5 2066 16.4%
Brandon McManus K 4 10 1060 8.4%
Steve Hauschka K 3 6 1416 11.2%

Baltimore Ravens TD 7 8 1053 8.4%
Atlanta Falcons TD 5 9 223 1.8%
Carolina Panthers TD 4 7 1319 10.5%

Happy with my balance of keeping up with the Joneses and low owned characters. Settled on the Baker/Landry stack very early, and Goff is my main man this year.

Goal at RB was to get a late season surge out of either Samuels/Montgomery/Pollard.

Barebones WR group, thought this was the place to go bargain shopping. Really surprised at Humphries low ownership, he was a straight up baller last year.

TE took a similar strategy as RB with a 'solid' #1 option and two hopeful late bloomers.

Bleh at K and D, but happy that Atlanta is so low owned, they were ravaged by injury last year.

I own 11 of your players on my 27 man roster.  Great minds (or sheep?) think alike?

So after you've seen other rosters posted, anybody stick out to you are someone you should have used?

Gore for $4 is mine. 😥
Maybe. I had gore in for a little while.

There's a very good chance I'll wish I had gone with a 3rd QB. Maybe Fitz. If Wentz misses time, I'm relying on Lamar. Might be okay but there's definitely risk.

While most seem to report a smaller roster than usual. Somehow mine is more than my usual. At $23, Kerryon is my most expensive.
Not that I presume to make it that far, but week 11 will be challenging. GL All

Tom Brady $11.00
Matthew Stafford $10.00
Sam Darnold $9.00
$30.00

Kerryon Johnson $23.00
Chris Carson $18.00
Austin Ekeler $16.00
Duke Johnson $9.00
Matt Breida $9.00
Malcolm Brown $4.00
Frank Gore $4.00
$83.00

Tyler Lockett $19.00
Robby Anderson $17.00
Curtis Samuel $12.00
Michael Gallup $10.00
John Brown $9.00
Josh Gordon $6.00
Miles Boykin $6.00
Terry McLaurin $4.00
$83.00

Evan Engram $18.00
Mark Andrews $9.00
Vernon Davis $6.00
$33.00

Chris Boswell $4.00
Jason Sanders $3.00
Steve Hauschka $3.00
$10.00

New England $6.00
Seattle Seahawks $5.00
$11.00

Forgot to post mine earlier, but:

Jared Goff $14
Lamar Jackson $12

Todd Gurley $28
Nick Chubb $25
Chris Carson $18
Duke Johnson $9
Matt Breida $9
Devin Singletary $8

Julio Jones $32
Allen Robinson $17
Will Fuller $15
Curtis Samuel $12
Josh Gordon $6

Evan Engram $18
Mark Andrews $9

Matt Gay $3
Zane Gonzalez $3

Kansas City Chiefs $5
Carolina Panthers $4
New York Jets $3

Lots of apparent favorites (Gordon, Andrews, most of the RBs), which is tricky, but I do like the roster as a whole, other than worrying about only having 3 WRs in W10 if I make it there. Gurley's a gamble, but the price felt right to me. Satisfied with Robinson's week 1 production, and he's clearly great, but Trubisky still seems to flat-out not see him on a regular basis. Same as it ever was.

I forgot to post my team...

QB - Jared Goff - LAR/9 - $14
QB - Jameis Winston - TB/7 - $13

Considered adding a 3rd QB for a few minutes, then asked myself, do I trust the duo I am taking?  Let's face it - if I am using a cheap 3rd QB more than once, I am probably toast anyways.

RB - Ezekiel Elliott - DAL/8 - $33
RB - David Johnson - ARI/12 - $30
RB - Duke Johnson - HOU/10 - $9
RB - Matt Breida - SF/4 - $9
RB - Devin Singletary - BUF/6 - $8

As one of the biggest promoters of Duke in this thread, I put my money where my mouth was and made him my RB3.  That allowed me to go for broke with 2 top dogs.  Zeke may start slow, but the cutoffs won't be hard for a few weeks.  While I don't buy completely into ARI's offense, I do buy into DJ being the focal point of a team that has no place to go but up.  If he can finish as RB9 on one of the worst offenses in recent memory, just imagine how good he will be if ARI's plan comes to fruition.  Duke won't be your typical workhorse RB, but make no mistake - he will be the 1A of the group.  He will be the highest scoring single digit $$ RB this year.  Breida produces, and is better than Coleman.  Let's hope he can remain upright.  I chose Singletary as I think he will be like a fine wine this year.

WR - Julio Jones - ATL/9 - $32
WR - Chris Godwin - TB/7 - $22
WR - Tyler Lockett - SEA/11 - $19
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - ARI/12 - $12
WR - Josh Gordon - NE/10 - $6

Decide to trim that fat here too, and only went with 5.  Spent alot on my top 3, and will be counting on them for weekly scores.  Here's to hoping Fitz has one more good season in him.  And for $6, if I can get 4 or so usable games, I will be happy.  I am quite concerned about Julio though.  What's up with him?    

TE - Evan Engram - NYG/11 - $18
TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/8 - $9

Spent my wad at RB/WR, so had to downgrade from Kelce to Engram.  Would've preferred 3, but I will have to take my chances with 2 guys I like this year.  Just need 1 usable game between them, but I could get a few flex scores.

PK - Matt Gay - TB/7 - $3
PK - Daniel Carlson - OAK/6 - $3
PK - Austin Seibert - CLE/7 - $3

Two cheap guys on offenses that should move the ball a lot, and one that was quite good the second half of the season last year.  Not worried about week 7 bye conflict.

TD - New York Giants - NYG/11 - $4
TD - New York Jets - NYJ/4 - $3

Chosen for their combined weekly matchups.  You don't have to be a great D to score well in this contest; it's just as important as who you face.  The Jets quietly finished tied for 5th in last year's contest.  Would've loved a 3rd, but was all tapped out.

Good luck to everyone here.  Let's hope one of the thread regulars can win it all, instead of some bean-counting statistician who doesn't even care about FF.

Good luck to everyone here.  Let's hope one of the thread regulars can win it all, instead of some bean-counting statistician who doesn't even care about FF.
I am with you Winz!  It will mean more to all of us if one of us gets there!  

I actually appreciate all the insight and different perspectives viewed here.  We all have our own preferences & bias on players, but here, this is where we can summarize our thoughts with a reward for all to see! Thanks for all your input Winz! 

What is FF outside of bean counting statistics? Dungeons and Dragons for jocks?
How about actually enjoying football for starters?  I wonder how many contest entries are from people who don't even watch football.  My brother-in-law is a perfect example, and I want to slap him upside the head.  He couldn't pick Tom Brady out of a lineup, yet he plays FF.  If you ask him how a player looked in a game, he would have to open an excel spreadsheet to answer.

In my experiences the bean counters are the football watchers, and the casual people in a work league or whatever don't watch, but don't care about the beans either. I can see daily fantasy being a completely different experience though.

I am with you Winz!  It will mean more to all of us if one of us gets there!  

I actually appreciate all the insight and different perspectives viewed here.  We all have our own preferences & bias on players, but here, this is where we can summarize our thoughts with a reward for all to see! Thanks for all your input Winz! 
And thank you!  It really is lots of fun sharing our thoughts in here.  Sure, many common rosters, but each with their own twist.  And if one of us caught a fatal flaw in someone's roster makeup, I am sure that person was very happy they posted their team.  As a group last year, the posters in the thread did pretty well.  I got booted in week 11, because I went against the grain and chose Rivers over Mahomes.

How about actually enjoying football for starters?  I wonder how many contest entries are from people who don't even watch football.  My brother-in-law is a perfect example, and I want to slap him upside the head.  He couldn't pick Tom Brady out of a lineup, yet he plays FF.  If you ask him how a player looked in a game, he would have to open an excel spreadsheet to answer.
I play in a work league where at least half of the people don't really know anything about football.  What sucks is, they still have a good shot at doing well based on what list/info they use to draft, and how adept they are at snagging the next big thing off the WW.....there's so much info out there, obviously some misleading, or incorrect, but you can definitely be competitive in FF without knowing jack

Gatekeeping isn't a good look for you (or anyone else).

In my experiences the bean counters are the football watchers, and the casual people in a work league or whatever don't watch, but don't care about the beans either. I can see daily fantasy being a completely different experience though.
I guess all I was trying to say was that I don't like FF'ers who don't like football.

And thank you!  It really is lots of fun sharing our thoughts in here.  Sure, many common rosters, but each with their own twist.  And if one of us caught a fatal flaw in someone's roster makeup, I am sure that person was very happy they posted their team.  As a group last year, the posters in the thread did pretty well.  I got booted in week 11, because I went against the grain and chose Rivers over Mahomes.
Funny, I got booted Week 11 as well and I went Matt Ryan / Drew Brees QB Duo. 

What did me in was the LAR(54)/KC(51) game raising the Cutoff 40 points to have me miss by 0.5 pts... My top 3 RB's got me 25 pts (when the same 3 averaged > 40pt/week)

Jared Goff $14 0.00

Tom Brady $11 0.0

Nick Chubb $25 0.00 

Dalvin Cook $24 

Duke Johnson $9 0.00 

Matt Breida $9 0.00

Frank Gore $4 0.00

JuJu Smith-Schuster $30 0.00 

Tyler Boyd $20 0.00

Robby Anderson $17 0.0

Curtis Samuel $12 0.00

Marquez Valdes-Scantling $11

John Brown $9 0.00 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evan Engram $18 0.00 

Greg Olsen $10 0.00 

Mark Andrews $9 0.00

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Badgley $5 

MATT PRATER 

Dallas Cowboys $5 0.00

Carolina Panthers $4 0

wow ive got 8 of the top like 12 owned players.  nsi good or bad.
My opinion on this contest is that you want mostly uniquer studs and mostly consensus backups. Then of course, you need your studs to have good seasons. But I feel like that gives you the best chance to keep up with the crowd to get to 250, but then win in the end. 

The opposite approach seems to me to be more flawed because if you have consensus studs, they pretty much cancel out and you need your backups to have "random" big weeks at the end of the season to win, more than other teams random backups. I feel better predicting studs output over backups or flyers. So I prefer the first approach. 

J Goff LAR/9 - $14

J Winston TB/7 - $13

D Carr OAK/6 - $9

D Cook MIN/12 - $24

K Johnson DET/5 - $23

J Jacobs OAK/6 - $20

D Johnson HOU/10 - $9

D Singletary BUF/6 - $8

A Thielen MIN/12 - $24

T Lockett SEA/11 - $19

R Anderson NYJ/4 - $17

D Moncrief PIT/7 - $10

J Gordon NE/10 - $6

Z Ertz PHI/10 - $24

M Andrews BAL/8 - $9

D Waller OAK/6 - $8

D Carlson OAK/6 - $3

A Seibert CLE/7 - $3

Dolphins MIA/5 - $4

Jets NYJ/4 - $3

Weeks 10 & 12 I'm projected to score 8 points less than my starting lineup. I'm not sure why Ertz is not so popular this year.

When I had Graham instead of him and with a better WR such as Evans instead, my lineup was not projected to score as many points by a good margin. I had Westbrook, Valdes-Scantiling, and Golliday in many of my trial runs. I had 19 players quite often but settled on 20.

Carson Wentz

Jared Goff

Nick Chubb

Chris Carson

Miles Sanders

Royce Freeman

Duke Johnson 

Alexander Mattison

Darwin Thompson

Cooper Kupp

Allen Robinson

Dede Westbrook

Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Michael Gallup

Josh Gordon

Mecole Hardman

Austin Hooper

Mark Andrews

Mason Crosby

Dan Bailey

Indianapolis Colts

DallasCowboys

The contest querier says I'm the only entry with my 5 "studs": kamara, jacobs, carson, juju, thellien. Feeling good about that, I guess.

My final roster...

Jared Goff $14

Nick Foles $8

Alvin Kamara $33

Josh Jacobs $20

Chris Carson $18

Matt Breida $9

Devin Singletary $8

JuJu Smith-Schuster $30

Adam Thielen $24

Tyler Lockett $19

Marquise Goodwin $8

Josh Gordon $6

Josh Reynolds $4

Jared Cook $17

Mark Andrews $9

Darren Waller $8

Ryan Succop $4

Daniel Carlson $3

Detroit Lions $4

Carolina Panthers $4

After 1 whole day of the NFL regular season, I'm feeling really good about my roster! ;)

Here is the 2019 team. Main concern is only going with 19 players, I usually field a larger roster.

Goff 

Winston 

---------------------------------------------------

Chubb

Fournette

Cook

Carson

Bredia

----------------------------------------------------

Thielan

Kupp

Lockett

Sanders

Gallup

-----------------------------------------------------

Andrews

Herndon

Everett

-----------------------------------------------------

Gonzalez

Seibert

----------------------------------------------------

Panthers

49'ers        

In a general sense, this argument applies every year, and every single year large rosters survive at a much higher rate than small rosters.  I guess the question is whether the pricing was so tough this year that the average $8 players are so bad that it's swung back in favor of small rosters.  I've always kinda thought the sweet spot was in the 26-player range, and maybe the pricing this year made it so that the sweet spot is more like 23-ish.  In this format I'd still rather have more players than fewer though. 
Have you ever tracked the average roster size for the teams that finish in the prize range of top 150? It definitely makes sense that the larger rosters would survive the most. It would surprise me a little if the top 150 teams have large rosters though. 

I struggled with it this year. I normally have a 24-26 man team, and I usually make it fairly far, but only once have I finished well enough to get a prize. It was just a tiny check and a year subscription, but man...I was ecstatic; even happier than when I've won a lot more in standard leagues.  

So, I kept fiddling with my rosters and trying to decide if I wanted to go large and stay in the contest long...or just take a risk and go small with higher cost players. My 18 man roster felt like I could win it all or be out at week 7. My 24 man rosters looked so weak I felt like I'd have no chance to make it to 250.  

Anyway, I would be very curious to know what the roster size percentage is for teams that finish in the top 150. 

Have you ever tracked the average roster size for the teams that finish in the prize range of top 150? It definitely makes sense that the larger rosters would survive the most. It would surprise me a little if the top 150 teams have large rosters though. 

I struggled with it this year. I normally have a 24-26 man team, and I usually make it fairly far, but only once have I finished well enough to get a prize. It was just a tiny check and a year subscription, but man...I was ecstatic; even happier than when I've won a lot more in standard leagues.  

So, I kept fiddling with my rosters and trying to decide if I wanted to go large and stay in the contest long...or just take a risk and go small with higher cost players. My 18 man roster felt like I could win it all or be out at week 7. My 24 man rosters looked so weak I felt like I'd have no chance to make it to 250.  

Anyway, I would be very curious to know what the roster size percentage is for teams that finish in the top 150. 
I did a while back, but I lost all my data at one point and had to rebuild the database a few weeks ago.  I'll look at it at some point, I do recall that just in terms of winning the contest, the overall winner has been something like 18-person roster half the years, and 25+ person roster the other half.

And what a bust when he is suspended by the Pats in week 12
AB is on a self destructive roll. It’ll be soon or not at all. Ironic if being a world class train wreck gift wraps a super bowl ring. Makes me feel less interested than ever about watching any NFL games.  

Users who are viewing this thread