What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

They're both drowning, you can save only one... (2 Viewers)

If they were both drowning & you could save only one would you save your dog or a stranger (huma

• I'd save my dog

Votes: 68 46.3%
  • I'd save the stranger

Votes: 79 53.7%

• Total voters
Even given the proliferation of pit bulls?  Maybe we could have a pit bull exception?  I would save the dog unless it was a pit bull.

Wait, if we start qualifying matters and creating exceptions then we go down a slippery slope. Next someone will have the hot chick in yoga pants addendum where she get saved over any dog. 
it's "your dog" vs "random stranger" so not sure you need a breed exception - you probably aren't owning a pit if it will sway your vote in the matter. "random dog" vs "random stranger" is a totally different discussion.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
The Iguana said:
it's "your dog" vs "random stranger" so not sure you need a breed exception - you probably aren't owning a pit if it will sway your vote in the matter. "random dog" vs "random stranger" is a totally different discussion.
So it is.  I had forgotten the original question.

This thread still pisses me off.  Those of you voting dog had better be joking or else your heart is as hard as a rock.

For every person that's wronged you or that you just don't like there are hundreds of other people who are good and deserve to live.  While a dog can be a great companion that can never compare to a father, son, daughter, mother, sister, brother, wife, husband or any other person who is of great value to you.  Imagine someone letting your loved one die because they wanted to save their five year old Saint Bernard who growls at strangers.  When the shoe was on the other foot this poll seems like a bunch of stupidity.
:goodposting:

I get loving your dog as I am a dog owner too.   I understand it would be a horrible decision to make.  However, I don't get the joy people seem to get saying they would let another human die.  Pretty disgusting.

TheIronSheik said:
Honestly, at in 2019 and beyond, if the choice was a human or a ham sandwich, I'd save the ham sandwich.  And I'm not supposed to eat pork.
Some ham sandwiches can be pretty good.

i hear you about ham sandwiches but is a hot dog a sandwich or what take that to the bank brohans 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd save my dog  510

I want you to know I'd still save all you guys over the dog.

I would save my dog and it would not be close.............

I would likely even save a strange dog over a strange person.. and that is only somewhat closer....

where is gets trickier is if it is someone know or love... then of course I need to save them.... unless they are a jerkface, in which case, I still save the dog

Moral of the story:  Don't be a jerkface

Angry Beavers said:
I would save my dog and it would not be close.............

I would likely even save a strange dog over a strange person.. and that is only somewhat closer....

where is gets trickier is if it is someone know or love... then of course I need to save them.... unless they are a jerkface, in which case, I still save the dog

Moral of the story:  Don't be a jerkface
It's an even harder decision to make when your dog is also a jerkface.

Should start this poll over.   A lot has changed since 2004 and the value of human life has changed significantly.   We see it everyday.

Lady Gaga would obviously vote “dog”. $500K reward for the return of her dogs; $0 for catching the people who shot her dog walker. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread