What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marvin Harrison Jr., ARZ (4 Viewers)

spotted wearing his regular red jersey at practice Friday

as opposed to the yellow non-contact jersey he was sporting Thursday

he is still in the league's concussion protocol, but it's a step in the right direction

Cardinals play MNF so he does have an extra day

given how clearing the protocol went for DeVonta Smith (PHI) and Malik Nabers (NYG) I am dubious he'll suit up
I was thinking the opposite, that I'd be surprised if Harrison doesn't play.

Neither Smith nor Nabers (who really is an entirely different thing, as he seemed to have possibly suffered 2 separate concussions) practiced at all the week after they got hurt. Harrison was doing non-contact stuff from practice #1.
Hope you're right, I have so many injuries I may not have a choice

Yeah if I don’t plug someone in Sunday, my MNF options for the Flex are MHJ or Kimani Vidal (6 touches Wk 6)
Marvin is cleared so you no longer have to worry about it for him playing you have to worry more about how he has scored almost nothing the past 2 weeks.
I don't think you can count last week against him. He had 1 bad game, after 3 straight weeks with TDs.

he is still in the league's concussion protocol, but it's a step in the right direction

given how clearing the protocol went for DeVonta Smith (PHI) and Malik Nabers (NYG) I am dubious he'll suit up

Neither Smith nor Nabers (who really is an entirely different thing, as he seemed to have possibly suffered 2 separate concussions) practiced at all the week after they got hurt. Harrison was doing non-contact stuff from practice #1.

Yeah if I don’t plug someone in Sunday, my MNF options for the Flex are MHJ or Kimani Vidal (6 touches Wk 6)
Marvin is cleared so you no longer have to worry about it for him playing you have to worry more about how he has scored almost nothing the past 2 weeks.
I don't think you can count last week against him. He had 1 bad game, after 3 straight weeks with TDs.
I can count that it cost me wins that is what happens when you take 0s

I can count that it cost me wins that is what happens when you take 0s
I guess the only relevant question is whether you think last week's zero makes another zero significantly more likely. I don't think it does.

One game with double digit targets this year. No game more than 5 catches. Massive disappointment, and probably worth benching if you have better wr3 on your roster. Kyler Murray is terrible on top of it.

Guy is unplayable. He is now my 4th/5th WR that is only used in emergencies, ideally I won’t ever need to start him moving forward.

I would rather start Tucker/Palmer/McCloud over this bum.

I'll be in the minority I guess, but I'd be willing to buy low on Harrison. Clearly lots of people are disappointed in him, but he's got a lot of things pointing to a potential breakout. 26% target share, 41% air yards. Kyler Murray has always been an up and down passer, and I think we could easily just be on the negative variance side of this.

I'll be in the minority I guess, but I'd be willing to buy low on Harrison. Clearly lots of people are disappointed in him, but he's got a lot of things pointing to a potential breakout. 26% target share, 41% air yards. Kyler Murray has always been an up and down passer, and I think we could easily just be on the negative variance side of this.
Valid points....plus, he has at least half of Marvin Harrison SR's DNA trapsing through his body. That ain't no joke.....

Should give a watch to Underdog's "stats vs film" on MHJ.

Harrison isn't getting separation. He's flat out not playing as well as he should. Result: Murray going elsewhere.

Thought I got a gift when someone traded me 1.2 for Burrow+ in a 1qb (high qb scoring system league). Would have been more than happy netting Nabers.
Thought I got an even bigger gift when the 1.1 went with Caleb and Marvelous Jr. fell to me. Amazing how that works out sometimes.

I think there is culpability all around here in terms of why this passing game is off. Fact is, 190 PYG is 35 less than what Murray produced when he came back last year.

Murray has been great FF wise because his rushing has been back to elite levels, but he seems awfully rudimentary from a progressions standpoint - more than happy to take alot of underneath stuff. Petzig seems to be taking queues from peak Arthur Smith but MHJ is not making the plays when they do present themselves and IMO is actually showing a lack of toughness.

Certainly wouldn't write him off for even this season, but I do think it's in ARI's best interest to make a concerted effort to build a gameplan around feeding MHJ with a more diverse route tree and see what he does with it.

One game with double digit targets this year. No game more than 5 catches. Massive disappointment, and probably worth benching if you have better wr3 on your roster. Kyler Murray is terrible on top of it.

I think Murry is at the bottom of it rather.

Yeah Murray is tragic.

Murray is regressing at an alarming rate.

so is daniel jones a better QB than kyler, or????

Murray's QBR rating is actually the highest of his career. Traditional QB rating 2nd highest of his career. YPA and completion percentage right on his career average.

The only thing that's really down for Murray is pass attempts. 28 per game is the lowest of his career by far.

Marvin Harrison Jr. is third in the NFL in uncatchable target rate

Just over 45 percent of Harrison Jr.’s targets have been deemed uncatchable by Pro Football Focus. Some of that is based on his usage. The Cardinals are using Harrison Jr. almost exclusively as a downfield burner. Per ESPN’s Seth Walder, three seconds into the play, Harrison Jr. is the fifth-farthest receiver downfield on average. Just above him on the list are Simi Fehoko, Jalin Hyatt, and Trey Palmer. This issue has been exacerbated by Kyler Murray’s struggles on deep throws. He has completed just 32 percent of his deep shots and is 23rd in PFF passing grade on throws 20+ yards downfield. And that’s just on the throws he is attempting.

Brian Robinson Jr or MHJ ros?
Robinson

Robinson & it's not close. Murray doesn't even look Harrison's way.
Interesting, I figured most would have sided with Harrison. I have Robinson and was offered Harrison Jr. I know he's had a tough stretch but the ability is no doubt there.

What the heck gives with Murray not looking his way.

Robinson

Robinson & it's not close. Murray doesn't even look Harrison's way.
Interesting, I figured most would have sided with Harrison. I have Robinson and was offered Harrison Jr. I know he's had a tough stretch but the ability is no doubt there.

What the heck gives with Murray not looking his way.
I'd be interested in Harrison+ for Robinson.

so is daniel jones a better QB than kyler, or????
Brian Daboll is a lot better playcaller than Drew Petzig. Nabers also is more versatile than Harrison,

Nabers is also averaging 12 targets a game, MHJr is at 6 targets a game. NYG are #6 in passing attempts per game, ARI is #27. Night and day for offensive schemes
And the 6 targets are being originated by Kyler who isn't a for for Harrison's style of play.

Users who are viewing this thread