What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

People are waiting in line outside the Circuit City here (1 Viewer)

Woah Brent reslly showed me with this one. A 46" 1080p LCD for $1299?  Life changing stuff right there. 
Still have the TV that I bought that week. It's now dedicated to the XBOX in the game room.

First thing I watched on that TV was a top five Kansas team playing football. That was also the first game I ever watched in HD. Seeing Mark Mangino in all his gigantic oversized glory was pretty life changing. I'm sure you feel much the same way when you look at yourself in the mirror every morning.

Still have the TV that I bought that week. It's now dedicated to the XBOX in the game room.

First thing I watched on that TV was a top five Kansas team playing football. That was also the first game I ever watched in HD. Seeing Mark Mangino in all his gigantic oversized glory was pretty life changing. I'm sure you feel much the same way when you look at yourself in the mirror every morning.
:lol:

:orsonwellesslowclap:

Thousands of people nationwide waited hours outside of McDonald's today for Szechuan Sauce from the Rick and Morty show. The pictures on twitter are breath-taking. Apparently the most any store got was 20 packets and many of them that were announced to have some got none at all. :lmao:  

Fights broke out, cops were called etc etc. People are saying they drove hours to get told the store had none. Feels like a new low. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thousands of people nationwide waited hours outside of McDonald's today for Szechuan Sauce from the Rick and Morty show. The pictures on twitter are breath-taking. Apparently the most any store got was 20 packets and many of them that were announced to have some got none at all. :lmao:  

Fights broke out, cops were called etc etc. People are saying they drove hours to get told the store had none. Feels like a new low. 
That sauce is ####### amazing.

Ahh, not so fast Morty. You heard your mom, we’ve got adventures to go on Morty. Just you and me, and sometimes your sister, and sometimes your mom, but NEVER your dad! You wanna know why Morty? Because he CROSSED me. 

OK, take it easy, Rick! Th-that's dark

Oh it gets darker Morty... Welcome to the darkest year of our adventures. First thing that’s different, no more dad Morty. He threatened to turn me in to the government, so I made him and the government go away... I repla-burp-ced them both as the defacto-patriarch of your family, AND your universe. Your mom wouldn’t have accepted me if I came home without you and your sister. So now you know the REAL reason I rescued you. I JUST TOOK OVER THE FAMILY MORTY! Oh man. And if you tell your mom or sister I said any of this, I’ll DENY it. And they’ll take my side, because I’m a hero, Morty. And now you’re gonna have to do whatever I say, Morty, FOREVER! A-and I-I’ll go out and find some more of that Mulan, Szechuan Teriyaki dipping sauce, Morty.

Because that’s, that's what this is all about Morty! Th-that’s my one arm man. I’m not driven by avenging my dead family Morty, that was FAKE! I-I’m driven by finding that, McNugget Sauce. I want that Mulan McNugget Sauce, Morty. That’s my series arc Morty! If it takes 9 seasons, I WANT MY MCNUGGET DIPPING, SAUCE SZECHUAN SAUCE MORTY! TH-THAT’S WHAT'S GONNA TAKE US, ALL THE WAY TO THE END MORTY! SEASON, 9 MORE SEASONS MORTY! 9 MORE SEASONS UNTIL I GET THAT DIPPING SZECHUAN SAUCE! FOR 97 MORE YEARS MORTY! I WANT THAT MCNUGGET SAUCE MORTY!!!

I have zero sympathy for anyone waiting in line for anything at a McDonalds. New low indeed. People are idiots

i understand most of these words 

It's a 46" 1080p LCD for $1299. I don't think you're getting "cheaper and nicer looking."
Imagine how different peoples’ lives would have been over the last ten years if they HADN’T gotten one of these sweet 46” 1080p LCDs. 

Let's get some links here.

Also, should I be watching Rick and Morty?

Here, let me explain this to something to all the know-it-alls and sarcasmatron masters at their keyboards totally comfortable being at their keyboard: 

People show up to events like these to get away from pretty much being away from it all. They enjoy the other people, the camaraderie. Are you going to get in fights with those serious "deal" shoppers that run around stores throwing things? Yes! But that's what they're there to do. To get in fights. To argue. To debate. To stand in line and freeze on Thanksgiving. That's their reason for being. People feel so isolated and so alone in our atomized society that they're willing to do anything to be with a crowd of like-minded people. To be in a crowd, moved, feeling -- that's what the scoop is. Dumb to us? Yes. To them? No. 

In the wildly paraphrased words of Allan Bloom, Locke promised us security, Rousseau promised us happiness and freedom, and we chose Locke. We went for life, liberty, and property. France went for liberty, fraternity, equality. They got very little but executions and vengeance. We got a society. 

So we do what we can. We built on low but solid ground. That means that our society and its structures are formed in such a way that even the ####tiness of irony is not going to stop our love of Szechuan sauce for the sake of Szechuan sauce. We need that because human happiness and freedom is formed in large crowds, the grey and spackled cinder masses. They make us happy and in crowds, freely anonymous. We crave human contact but have very little of it. 

So this is the psychology behind the Rick and Morty thing. A bunch of people who watch a late-night cartoon show, largely alone, largely in the world existing through electronic communication coming together and rocking out a bit. There was a fight. Okay, some jerk started a fight. Largely, it seems to have gone pretty peacefully other than more electronic communication wars. That's the irony here, not the misunderstanding of the sauce. 

And the comment about "cultural ephemeralia" (sic) was dead-on. But the irony of the story being about that is only part of what's the whole joke. The real story -- that Rick is an ####### drunk who picks on his grandson to achieve his own ends over something he thinks he's so smart about but is so obtuse about. The cosmic joke -- the atheistic, God is Dead joke -- might actually be on Rick. That's why his daughter got knocked up at seventeen by an effeminate milquetoast. That's why he's a drunk. That's why he burps and drools all the time. 

The joke, it seems, is a lot deeper than just some idiots in line.  

its old gawker, so univision
I thought the Hogan suit buried them. I was surprised to see it still around. Perhaps there are industry dynamics way beyond me at this point. I just though the Gawker/Deadspin/Jezebel sites were under one auspice. Perhaps they got other funding.  Ah, I see. They did.  Interesting. 

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons.  I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. ? And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Rick & Morty culture is the worst.  I told my friend how hilarious it was like 2 years ago and he didn't watch it at all.  Now that it's the #1 r/atheism fedora show he's all over it, even talks about the deep 'lore' of the story. The first couple episodes of s03 weren't funny at all.  

Look at them with their lil cartoons sauce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=w4SKo5jU64I
That's sad that it happened to what seems to me to be a great show, at least so far. 

Users who are viewing this thread