What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2018 Dallas Cowboys*** (1 Viewer)

Shame the D couldn't put up a better effort, D line just got dominated.  Surprised they were even in it at the end of the game.  Young team, who knows what the future will bring with them.

So this loss is on Dak?  Is that right?

When you appraise the Cowboy's offense, where do you see MAJOR room for improvement?  The Oline?  RB?  WR? I guess you could argue TE.....

Top 10 running game.  Top 10 defense.  Bottom 10 passing game.

Threw for 266 where the entire 2nd half was against prevent D.

I'm not popular in Cowboys and Titans threads when I observe the obvious, but there you are.  :shrug:

Unlike Tennessee, however - Even a competent thrower of a football makes this team legit Superbowl contenders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even with a legit wr1 in Cooper, I still don't believe Dak can or will ever get it done. No matter how good the rest of the team is or will be

Why anyone thought this team had any legit shot at winning anything is beyond my understanding. They are the definition of mediocre. 

PLEASE fire Scott Linehan today 

Yes, I know the team has many other issues, but I just can't take him anymore

When you appraise the Cowboy's offense, where do you see MAJOR room for improvement?  The Oline?  RB?  WR? I guess you could argue TE.....

Top 10 running game.  Top 10 defense.  Bottom 10 passing game.

Threw for 266 where the entire 2nd half was against prevent D.

I'm not popular in Cowboys and Titans threads when I observe the obvious, but there you are.  :shrug:

Unlike Tennessee, however - Even a competent thrower of a football makes this team legit Superbowl contenders.
You troll Cowboys and Titan threads each and every week. We all understand your stance, you think the quarterbacks stink. You’ll have to excuse those of us who have seen what a winning quarterback looks like when we don’t take you seriously.

How about you stop repeating yourself in every thread. Can you please stop doing that? I’m asking you nicely. It’s annoying as hell and at this point it’s just trolling. 

As far as Dak, with our youth, cap room, & personnel department, there's no reason we can't spend an asset(s) on a QB.

Bottom line, Dak needs to play better. Could he keep developing? Sure. Regardless, you especially need better play when the team's upside is so high.

The Cowboys are going to be good for quite awhile. Just how good remains to be seen, but we have a legit chance to win the Super Bowl next season if we make the right moves.

PLEASE fire Scott Linehan today 

Yes, I know the team has many other issues, but I just can't take him anymore
Agreed. That 4th down run right at our weakest part of the line is exactly what he gets wrong every week. He overthinks it and tries to get cute by breaking tendencies. “They”lol never expect us to go behind our weakest OLineman” :wall:

We need to keep Richard, drop Linahan and whatshisface, the former QB from Boise and get Dak a QB coach and play caller. 

Draft another OL/DL and some more defenders. 

Next season is gonna be fun! 

As far as Dak, with our youth, cap room, & personnel department, there's no reason we can't spend an asset(s) on QB.

Bottom line, Dak needs to play better. Could he keep developing? Sure. Regardless, you especially need better play when the team's upside is so high.

The Cowboys are going to be good for quite awhile. Just how good remains to be seen, but we have a legit chance to win the Super Bowl next season if we make the right moves.
We don’t need a QB and we’re not wasting any resources on one. We need to get rid of our moron play caller and simply remind the defense how they got manhandled for the first half of this game. 

Last nights game was on the defense. There were two really bad calls that went against us too. 

Still shocked that we let a fat FA RB gash us all night. 

You troll Cowboys and Titan threads each and every week. We all understand your stance, you think the quarterbacks stink. You’ll have to excuse those of us who have seen what a winning quarterback looks like when we don’t take you seriously.

How about you stop repeating yourself in every thread. Can you please stop doing that? I’m asking you nicely. It’s annoying as hell and at this point it’s just trolling. 
TROLL! TROLL! The constant and lazy attempt to not address the conversation.

I enjoy the discussion.. feel free not to reply.

We don’t need a QB and we’re not wasting any resources on one. We need to get rid of our moron play caller and simply remind the defense how they got manhandled for the first half of this game. 

Last nights game was on the defense. There were two really bad calls that went against us too. 

You're that sold on Dak? I didn't say it had to be a top asset, but so far, Dak hasn't shown he can be a top QB. Period.

Sure, find a good OC, but if you think that'll magically turn Dak into a better passer, you're delusional. He needs to develop further.

Yes, the D didn't play up to their potential. It happens.

All things considered, I'm happy with this season. Other top teams better buckle up their chinstraps because we've got the makings to win it all & be around a LONG time given our youth. Will Dak be a part of that? I don't know.

We don’t need a QB
Ah.  The "we" might be a clue to you taking Dak criticism personally.

It is not personal.  He just is the weak link on the team... a team that should be contending.

I don't mean to bash another Cowboys' fan. We all have opinions on what they should do, but I'm perplexed by people who are totally sold on Dak.

I've been middle ground all along, but I'm now leaning to using at least one decent asset on a QB. It doesn't mean the end of Dak. He could keep developing & we certainly could utilize him better (which is on the OC), but I don't want the QB position to hold us back.

That said, I realize Dak has the potential to lead us to a championship, but he's got to improve on the finer points of the passing game.

I don't mean to bash another Cowboys fan. We all have opinions on what they should do, but I'm perplexed by people who are totally sold on Dak.

I've been middle ground all along, but I'm now leaning to using at least one decent asset on a QB. It doesn't mean the end of Dak. He could keep developing & we certainly could utilize him better (which is on the OC), but I don't want the QB position to hold us back.

That said, I realize Dak has the potential to lead us to a championship, but he's got to improve on the finer points of the passing game.
You mean like actually hitting a moving target in stride?

Cuz that would be kinda neat

TROLL! TROLL! The constant and lazy attempt to not address the conversation.

I enjoy the discussion.. feel free not to reply.
There is no discussion though. You’ve made your opinion crystal clear. You think Dak stinks and he’s not a legit QB, right? Yeah, we get it.

So we’re clear, he sucks, now what would you like to add to the conversation ? Unless it’s somthing new, PLEASE STOP TROLLING THE THREAD EVERY WEEK.

Ill simply keep asking you to kindly stop pissing in the pool. Eventually it’ll work itself out. 

You mean like actually hitting a moving target in stride?

Cuz that would be kinda neat
Yeah he’s got to get better at that.  A lot of yards left on the field. 

So nobody wants to talk about how our defense got absolutly manhandled for 4 quarters? Demarcus Lawrence was stonewalled all night. 

I don't mean to bash another Cowboys' fan. We all have opinions on what they should do, but I'm perplexed by people who are totally sold on Dak.

I don’t see you bashing me or anyone else. We’re good.  :hifive:

Im sold on Dak because he’s a winner and all his teammates love and believe in him. I firmly believe if he got the ball back last night he would have scored and tied the game up. He’s amazing when the cuffs are off and he can run the two minute stuff. It’s only when we’re in the conservative standard gameplay that we struggle. 

Other than the defense playing like crap last night Im happy with how everything worked out and I’m looking forward to next season. 

Yeah he’s got to get better at that.  A lot of yards left on the field. 

So nobody wants to talk about how our defense got absolutely manhandled for 4 quarters? Demarcus Lawrence was stonewalled all night. 
D Line got completely beaten down.  No pressure.  The Rams O line constantly got to the LBs.  If not for holding them to a FG on some drives, the score would have been lopsided.  

I thought the O did what they needed to do, no turnovers and score in the 20s.  Run game could have been better, but it wasn't their day.

Im sold on Dak because he’s a winner and all his teammates love and believe in him. I firmly believe if he got the ball back last night he would have scored and tied the game up. He’s amazing when the cuffs are off and he can run the two minute stuff. It’s only when we’re in the conservative standard gameplay that we struggle. 
Feeling the same.  If Dallas had the ball with just a 1 score difference, I have faith Dak can get it done.  I wont say that Im completely sold on him, but while not a top 10 QB, he is a bit better than avg.  They just fell to far behind, and for whatever reason, Dak can't turn it on until late, this time it was too late.

IHEARTFF said:
Word is Rams o line knew what dal d line was going to do every play based on tells
Could be using same tells from Wade era, tbh.  Garrett seems so lazy and unwilling to change that I would buy it.

I think this thing lacks a lot to go to the next level.  And the next level is even sniffing the final four teams.   

Garrett showed last night how useless he is in the moment.  Was actually considering kicking a XP to go down 9 at one point. 

Playcalling and adjustments seem predictable and stale.  

This team has young talent, talent that under the right leadership has the potential to actually have a shot, it just will come too late.  

SR388 said:
There is no discussion though. You’ve made your opinion crystal clear. You think Dak stinks and he’s not a legit QB, right? Yeah, we get it.

So we’re clear, he sucks, now what would you like to add to the conversation ? Unless it’s somthing new, PLEASE STOP TROLLING THE THREAD EVERY WEEK.

Ill simply keep asking you to kindly stop pissing in the pool. Eventually it’ll work itself out. 
I think he probably could have a role on an NFL team.. just not throwing the ball.

Happy to debate the merits of Dak Prescott's ability to throw a football in the NFL, let me know if you feel like contributing to that discussion.

Or you can continue to set a great example of pissing in the shark pool with the TROLL TROLL posts.    :shrug:

My feeling is anything less than a serious playoff run next year will be a disappointment.

Vast talent & youth will make the Cowboys very difficult to deal with in the coming years & unlike a lot of teams, cap space will allow us to improve even further.

One of the best talent evaluators (probably THE best) in the business is a key advantage, as well.

I think we all as fans find it hard to balance fandom and realistic expectations - here is what I mean:

I was under no illusion we were winning the SB this year, but it didn't stop me from leaving a party and essentially watching the game (all while cheering/chirping the TV) by myself-  because I couldn't miss it.  I really think the team over achieved a bit this year and all in all - it was a good year.  We certainly have some great young players and made strides - especially on the defensive side of the ball.  It's a lot to feel good about and be excited for.

That is...until you review the weakness of this team.  Coaching/QB play.  Look - I think Dak played decent (He was NOT the sole reason we lost).  To be honest, I felt he played to his potential, he tried hard, fought and played OK.  That is the problem.  That was more of a ceiling performance than "it only gets better from here" performance - now combine that with poor offensive scheme/game planning/clock management it's hard to envision success past final 4. Garrett was again lost and it's not like he should be overwhelmed. He calls no plays, never seen him "coach up" guys during the game and no white board stuff.  He stands and watches the game essentially, calls timeouts and talks to refs. Am I missing anything here? 

This good young team/superbowl dreams scenario is essentially what I have been saying all year and why I am seen as anti Dak.  I understand the counter argument is that Dak is young and will get better which I don't think will be the case.  Unless this defense become dominating and continues to improve on sacks/turnovers I don't see anything other than a good team that has heart and will fight but will be a dollar short and day late.

Should be an interesting off-season. 

I think we all as fans find it hard to balance fandom and realistic expectations - here is what I mean:

I was under no illusion we were winning the SB this year, but it didn't stop me from leaving a party and essentially watch the game (and cheering/chirping the TV) by myself because I couldn't miss it.  I really think the team over achieved a bit this year and all in all - it was a good year.  We certainly have some great young players and made strides - especially on the defensive side of the ball.  It's a lot to feel good about and be excited for.

That is...until you review the weakness of this team.  Coaching/QB play.  Look - I think Dak played decent (He was NOT the sole reason we lost).  To be honest, I felt he played to his potential, he tried hard, fought and played OK.  That is the problem.  That was more of a ceiling performance than "it only gets better from here" performance - now combine that with poor offensive scheme/game planning/clock management it's hard to envision success past final 4. Garrett was again lost and it's not like he should be overwhelmed. He calls no plays, never seen coach up guys during the game, no clip board stuff.  He stands and watches the game essentially, calls timeouts and talks to refs. Am I missing anything here? 

This good young team/superbowl dreams scenario is essentially what I have been saying all year and why I am seen as anti Dak.  I understand the counter argument is that Dak is young and will get better which I don't think will be the case.  Unless this defense become dominating and continues to improve on sacks/turnovers I don't see anything other than a good team that has heart and will fight but will be a dollar short and day late.

Garrett's sideline faces remind me a lot of Wade Phillips. Wade always looked like he needed to go the bathroom. Jason looks like he's trying to decide if it's gas or the real thing. 

We need to have a new OC. Priority #1.  His attitude after the game, not talking to the media indicates a lot about him. Let him go and get someone else pronto. 

Priority #2 BIG run stuffer. No more small 3 tech guys pretending to be run stoppers. Get a big body bruiser inside. 

Priority #3 Safety.  Heath is not the solution there. 

Priority #4 TE.  Keep Swain and Shultz and get a vet of the waiver/cut list.       

I was disappointed at the loss, but like Bankerguy, felt they had a very good year for a young team. Looking forward to next year.                                      

Free agent TE are spendy. TEBC is much the way to go. IMO

Keep plowing money into the lines and the rest will take care of itself. 

Ridiculous:

Jason Garrett said on 105.3 The Fan that offensive coordinator Scott Linehan will return in 2019. "We don't anticipate any significant changes on our staff," Garrett said.

Definition of insanity Jason
Now hearing...

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones on @1053thefan said they have not had any meetings about the futures of coaches or players. "I think it's a little early to be speculating about players, coaches, anything like that other than I really do think our group overall did a nice job."

Linehan HAS to go. If Garrett is dumb enough to want him back - it should just be another indication of his incompetence too - although we all know Jerry won't fire Jason though. I at least hoped for a new OC.

I was under no illusion we were winning the SB this year, but it didn't stop me from leaving a party and essentially watching the game (all while cheering/chirping the TV) by myself-  because I couldn't miss it.  I really think the team over achieved a bit this year and all in all - it was a good year.  We certainly have some great young players and made strides - especially on the defensive side of the ball.  It's a lot to feel good about and be excited for.

That is...until you review the weakness of this team.  Coaching/QB play.  Look - I think Dak played decent (He was NOT the sole reason we lost).  To be honest, I felt he played to his potential, he tried hard, fought and played OK.  That is the problem.  That was more of a ceiling performance than "it only gets better from here" performance - now combine that with poor offensive scheme/game planning/clock management it's hard to envision success past final 4. Garrett was again lost and it's not like he should be overwhelmed. He calls no plays, never seen him "coach up" guys during the game and no white board stuff.  He stands and watches the game essentially, calls timeouts and talks to refs. Am I missing anything here? 

Yep. This year was pretty much the ceiling if they keep Garrett and Dak.

Now hearing...

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones on @1053thefan said they have not had any meetings about the futures of coaches or players. "I think it's a little early to be speculating about players, coaches, anything like that other than I really do think our group overall did a nice job."

Linehan HAS to go. If Garrett is dumb enough to want him back - it should just be another indication of his incompetence too - although we all know Jerry won't fire Jason though. I at least hoped for a new OC.
they HAVE TO move on from Linehan

Any homers want to be responsible for the 2019 thread?

I think it would be a good idea if some of the regular posters took turns every few years or so.

Bankerguy said:
That was more of a ceiling performance than "it only gets better from here" performance - now combine that with poor offensive scheme/game planning/clock management it's hard to envision success past final 4.
Agree with most of what you said, but I can see it getting better.  As for Dak, that was probably the ceiling, but the D has show they can play better.  Plus the O line should be better if Frederick comes back and Williams puts on some muscle.  I do worry about TSmith decline though.

It will be very interesting to see how the cap space is affected by signing and extended the current players.  

All and all, it was a fun season.

Users who are viewing this thread