What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How long since your last “professional” haircut? (1 Viewer)

When was the last time you paid a barber or stylist cut your hair?

• Less than a week ago

Votes: 19 10.3%
  • Less than two weeks ago

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • Less than a month ago

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • Less than two months ago

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Less than three months ago

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Since The Before Times

Votes: 77 41.8%
  • I don’t pay anyone to cut my hair pandemic or not

Votes: 47 25.5%

• Total voters
February...letting the locks grow.  In fact, I manage my company's charitable initiatives, and am going to shave the top of my head (but let locks and sides flow) for our Make-A-Wish initiative.   Basically, i will look like a balding dude with the other stuff flowing.

Mid March.

i typically get one every 10-14 days. Went for a month and mrs gathered the courage to cut my hair. She’s been doing it every other week since. Doing a great job. I will not be returning to the old barber

Hadn't had a haircut since early Feb.

Area around me finally opened up last week to allow barbers to open (limited capacity, masks on) so went and got a few inches taken down. 

Since it's now short enough to handle without risking looking like a freak, will likely cut it from home until things are fully open. While the state is fine with very slowly opening things back up, I honestly don't see the need to take additional chances.

My daughter got hers cut yesterday and now officially has shorter hair than I do.  Too short IMO, :(   but she's and adult and can do what she wants.  Went from the longest I've seen it in years to the shortest it's ever been. 

She has taking the shutdown/social distancing as seriously as anyone I know, so she may be prepping to go another 2-3 months before getting it cut again.

Got mine cut 3 weeks ago.   I went about a week after Ohio opened up hair salons and barbers.   I keep it short these days and will due again next week.  

Last week, then February.  4 on sides and back. Longer in the front as the top of my head is thinning.

Going today. Admittedly a bit nervous as I now constitute one of those "underlying conditions" people. I called ahead and made sure my stylist was still utilizing full Covid precautions. She was, and I am going to go even though we are in the spike. I figure, if I delay a couple weeks, the spike will likely only be worse. It sucks having to worry about this crap all the time....

January or February. I've gotten good enough at cutting my own hair that I might just keep doing it when this is all over. I never looked that great to begin with. 

Finally got mine cut nice and short yesterday.  I'm good for another couple of months if needed.

My place was excellent today. Met me at the door to let me in. Has her own room. We all wore masks the entire time. She cloroxed the seat any time I stood up. Hand sanitized me three times throughout. Hand sanitized before she touched her phone or my card to swipe it. I felt comfortable the entire time.

About 9 months. I had made the decision to grow mine out a while before we even knew of anything. Then right when I backed out and decided to get it cut was the week everything shut down. So it's kind of just made my mind up for me. I have done a bit of a trim on backs and sides a couple times on my own since, bit letting my top grow as much as it wants. Not gonna lie, it's kind of finding its natural flow at this point. Hangs just below my ears at this point. Digging it.

This morning. I went to a new place and the guy gave me a style I never had before. He put something (can’t remember what he called it) that made the  front part stick up. I gave him a good tip because it looked cool. 

I couldn't take it anymore. My son and I got cuts at a 10 chair shop. Luckily, we were the only ones there for most of the time. The last 15 minutes of my son's cut the owner pops in with a client who are both sans masks. I'm pretty sure they should have been wearing them and I likely won't be going back. But oh, does it feel good to have most of my hair off.

All these months, the hair has gone through different phases from yikes! to meh to hey, that's a mushroom shape...to middling if I squint. It's currently in a combination of all of that with a hint of rasputin beginning. Heading back to NYC in a week in time for barber shops to open. Probably the first thing I do before the coppers lock me up on trumped up charges of looking homeless 

She got me in the first opening when they opened back up a few weeks ago. 

Slammed a $100 bill down before she even started - told her I loved her and never want to be without her again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometime in the late 90s.

I only ever paid for haircuts for about a 6 year window.  My mom cut my hair until I went away to college, and then I went to a barber there and for a couple years after before realizing I could do it basically just as well myself.

Got my haircut yesterday for first time since Feb 28.  I went with my wife to her salon.  
Had to fill out a questionnaire and get my temperature checked when I entered.  Also had to wear a mask during my haircut.  Stylist wore a mask too.  They had a plastic shower curtain between chairs to separate people.  I didn’t have a problem with them doing any of that.  But it made for an interesting experience.  

She got me in the first opening when they opened back up a few weeks ago. 

Slammed a $100 bill down before she even started - told her I loved her and never want to be without her again.
I was going to say this sounds like a euphemism...but...I'm not even sure that it's not.

DallasDMac said:
Hand sanitized before she touched her phone or my card to swipe it
Glad to hear it went well.  But, how long will it take for the US to get onto contactless payments or at least not handing your card to someone else. They should bring a mobile terminal to you, where you insert the card and maybe hit OK.  One would think this is a great time to transition away from that culture of running bank and forth with a credit card.

Glad to hear it went well.  But, how long will it take for the US to get onto contactless payments or at least not handing your card to someone else. They should bring a mobile terminal to you, where you insert the card and maybe hit OK.  One would think this is a great time to transition away from that culture of running bank and forth with a credit card.
I’m all about the “Tap” Credit Cards or using phone for paying. Seeing this at more and more places.

Had my 12yr old cut my hair today. Second time he got to do it since the shut down. There is kind of a line on one side. Happy Father's day to me. Working my way to just shaving it short so I can just do it myself.

I need one but I usually get 2 a year.  I can wear a hat and in a professional position.  In construction looks just dont matter.

Users who are viewing this thread