What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mr. Robot (1 Viewer)

dang, that sucks. was looking forward to the finale. :bummed:

on another note, for some reason, I can't stop referring to this show like I'm Dr. Zoidberg...AKA "Mr. Robit".

Rewatched the dream sequence and noted a couple of things

- fsociety video referenced lost or stolen memories

- elliot encounters Darlene as a child

"Hello friend

"I'm not your friend

Sees 404 sign "can you tell me what happened to this house?

" first can you tell me what your monster is

-Angela and Elliot engagement sequence: ring doesn't fit "you're not Elliot, you're the ----"

It's starting to feel like evil corp did some brainwashing on Elliot - reprogrammed his brain and somehow fsociety is key to helping him find all of his repressed self....
Error 404 Not Found.

Ok, I'm not a completely unsympathetic guy but come on. Have we become such a ball-less society that a show episode has to be shelved because it's kind of like something that happened in real life?

Half way through EP 2 and I think I'm done. This had potential unfortunately it's got USA's stink all over it.
Should I give this another shot?
no its horrible
Half way through EP 2 and I think I'm done. This had potential unfortunately it's got USA's stink all over it.
Should I give this another shot?
Everybody else except you should...
You guys know what you just did, right?

Ok, I'm not a completely unsympathetic guy but come on. Have we become such a ball-less society that a show episode has to be shelved because it's kind of like something that happened in real life?
It's just postponed, right?
That's the word right now, postponed for a week. Which is even weirder.....people offended by it this week won't be offended by it next week? That makes it seem like a ratings grab (tune in and see how close it was to the events!)

saw the first episode live, and then got delayed. just caught up.

the girlfriend/co-worker is terrible as an actress- they really should have done much better casting her.

other than that, the rest is pretty primo. direction is fantastic- love the way this looks and how the season and episodes have been structured. big fan of the opening Mr Robot credit scene every week- stunning stuff on a variety of levels. pretty easy to latch onto the fightclub and american psycho similarities- for better or worse. IMO, best thing this summer.

I don't understand delaying it a week either. 7 days later and Americans will have forgotten about the incident and moved on? :shrug:

there was another show or movie recently that mirrored real life tragedy and delayed it's release as a result... can't remember what.

this bothers me nada (unless it's a PR ploy to drum up interest- the delay, not the episode).

They mentioned Ashley Madison data dumps. Was that just a wild coincidence or did they actual film that after?

Also, I died laughing and him choking himself

Ok so who is at the door?

Police, Darlene, Mr Robot, Tyrell?

Apparently there was an after credits scene, ugh
yeah...probably the most important scene of the night too.

I cannot express how much I love this show. It's a puzzle that you feel like you figure out...talk yourself out of...then realize you were right all along.

My favorite scene was when Eliot talked to Tyrell's wife. She was certainly testing him, especially when she dropped some Swedish. I think she was telling the truth when she said she just talked to him ten minutes earlier... I also noted that Tyrell's assistant seemed to recognize Eliot (she didn't ask who he was).

I cannot express how much I love this show. It's a puzzle that you feel like you figure out...talk yourself out of...then realize you were right all along.

My favorite scene was when Eliot talked to Tyrell's wife. She was certainly testing him, especially when she dropped some Swedish. I think she was telling the truth when she said she just talked to him ten minutes earlier... I also noted that Tyrell's assistant seemed to recognize Eliot (she didn't ask who he was).
Yeah that scene was amazing. Is it possible Tyrell is a figment of his imagination too? Woah mindblown

Yeah that scene was amazing. Is it possible Tyrell is a figment of his imagination too? Woah mindblown
Tyrelliot?????

Last edited by a moderator:

I got to thinking they've been working together the whole time, Elliott is just too messed up to remember.

The cinematography and score for this show are just amazing. Best in the industry.
:goodposting:

I was thinking that same thought last night. The story line may not be terribly original- but it works (and I love how they break down the 4th wall). Acting is all over the place from really good (lead, sister, some of the others) to pretty bad (blonde, therapist, slater). But every episode looks amazing, sounds amazing and is constructed incredibly well (editing, direction, pacing, etc).

Yeesh worst episode of the season
Yeah not very good.
why'd you guys think this?
I wasnt crazy about Elliot's part in this episode. The rest was fine. But I feel lke nothing new happened to him. He was in the same place at the beginning of the episode as the end. And the whole fsociety story was mindless filler. The Evil Corp piece was phenomenal. The opening was good and Elliot's interaction with the wife was crazy good.

I was a little underwhelmed by the finale and I can't really put my finger on why. It's not that I was looking for some kind of big action sequence or another final twist, but it seemed to drag a bit for me, pretty much up until Elliot found himself alone in Times Square.

It's a minor criticism for an awesome season, one of my favorites in a real long time. And that's a big win considering the only reason I watched this show from the beginning is because I could see from one of the press photos that a scene was shot right near my old apartment.

The cinematography and score for this show are just amazing. Best in the industry.

I was thinking that same thought last night. The story line may not be terribly original- but it works (and I love how they break down the 4th wall). Acting is all over the place from really good (lead, sister, some of the others) to pretty bad (blonde, therapist, slater). But every episode looks amazing, sounds amazing and is constructed incredibly well (editing, direction, pacing, etc).
I thought the blonde came into her own in the finale...the shoe store scene and the scene with Price were great

I thought the blonde came into her own in the finale...the shoe store scene and the scene with Price were great
have to agree with you... but for me, didn't make up for a season of being waaaay off the level of her co-actors.

and the CEO guy- he knows she's involved somehow... right? did he end up saying as much (I wasn't paying full attention)?

have to agree with you... but for me, didn't make up for a season of being waaaay off the level of her co-actors.

and the CEO guy- he knows she's involved somehow... right? did he end up saying as much (I wasn't paying full attention)?
He said they knew who was responsible. Likely talking about Tyrell.

Started watching this show based on this thread. I'm 4 episodes in. Really digging it.

Users who are viewing this thread