What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2022-2023 Post Season FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

Quizzomatic function at a top level following that Bengals victory!

Here's the numbers from the glorious 8pm game:

J BURROWCINQB
23.35​
J MIXONCINRB
7.10​
S PERINECINRB
0.30​
J CHASECINWR
23.40​
H HURSTCINTE
10.50​
T HIGGINSCINWR
7.70​
T BOYDCINWR
5.60​
E MCPHERSONCINPK
4.90​
CIN DEFCINDEF
12.00​
T HUNTLEYBALQB
27.70​
JK DOBBINSBALRB
18.50​
G EDWARDSBALRB
5.70​
M ANDREWSBALTE
14.80​
D ROBINSONBALWR
12.90​
J OLIVERBALTE
5.60​
S WATKINSBALWR
2.20​
J HILLBALRB
2.00​
J TUCKERBALPK
5.00​
BAL DEFBALDEF
6.00​

-QG

Can't believe I almost cracked the top 40. And I still have Brady to go!

ETA unfortunately I guessed wrong on JAX and lose Herber/Allen/Hock for round 2. That stings.

So far I've lost none for rounds 3 or 4 :oldunsure:

Also, I may be mistaken but I thought I saw multiple entries with the same player in 3 or 4 rounds and like 4 to 6 players on the same team in one round. I may have misread the rules but I thought the limit was 2 players per team and in one round only

Ok, so it looks like I'm an idiot. I see entries with more than two players from a team but never repeated in the different rounds, I missed that.

ETA unfortunately I guessed wrong on JAX and lose Herber/Allen/Hock for round 2. That stings.

I’m sitting at 22nd place and this will undoubtedly be my high point since I lose 3 Vikings in round 2. Was fun while it (barely) lasted.

Week 1 - Pick the 6 losing QB's
QB Cousins - 31.55
QB Huntley - 27.70
QB Smith - 26.45
QB Herbert - 20.85
QB Thompson - 15.30
QB Brady or QB Prescott - unknown

Total thus far - 121.85

I’m sitting at 22nd place and this will undoubtedly be my high point since I lose 3 Vikings in round 2. Was fun while it (barely) lasted.
I’m currently sitting at #42 with 110.50 points, and have Brady and Prescott still to play. With any luck, I hope to add about 50 points Monday night. I’m guaranteed 5 players in week 2, with my only zero being Hockenson. I’ll probably flame out in week 2, but so far so good for now. If KC, BUF, PHI, and SF win next week, I might finish with a respectable score.

Clarification: #42 was within my super bowl group, but now that's showing as #46 (not sure what changed).
And in the overall stangings, I'm at #1430. j

Last edited:

I’m currently sitting at #42 with 110.50 points, and have Brady and Prescott still to play. With any luck, I hope to add about 50 points Monday night. I’m guaranteed 5 players in week 2, with my only zero being Hockenson. I’ll probably flame out in week 2, but so far so good for now. If KC, BUF, PHI, and SF win next week, I might finish with a respectable score.
Those are my week 3 & 4 ponies too. :wub:

I'm currently at #3 with no players going tonight...but I have all of my picks for next week's games still alive (at least for now -- I have a couple of Dallas players selected for next week).

I take it when people talk about their current standings they are looking at their specific "SB Group of 6 standings" on their team page...

I like the Mini-contest within a contest that @Contest Turk alluded to earlier in the thread - Win your Group of 6 in first 3 rounds and then hope your the correct group of 6 in the final.

Personally I'm sitting 5th with 128 points there. In the overall standings sitting 600th with Dak to go tonight.

Leader in the clubhouse for overall is at 191 points:

Last edited:
Way down past 2,000 but lost no players for next round, as I had the chargers (Herbert, Allen, Eke), Vikings (JJ, cousins) and Bucs (Brady) losing in the first round.
I’m not sure why I selected lamb instead of dak next round. :bag:

Way down past 2,000 but lost no players for next round, as I had the chargers (Herbert, Allen, Eke), Vikings (JJ, cousins) and Bucs (Brady) losing in the first round.
I’m not sure why I selected lamb instead of dak next round. :bag:
avoiding interception penalties? :D

I have 128 + Dak + Brady tonight, but I lost the Chargers for round 2 so I assume I'm already completely out of the running. I imagine you have to all six players count in every round to have any shot.

114 with Brady and Dak to go. Should be able to reach close to the top in my bracket of 48
Next week I've got 2 players from Philly and 4 from KC going. None are QBs though so I'll probably lose ground next week.

QB Cousins - 31.55
QB Huntley - 27.70
QB Smith - 26.45
QB Herbert - 20.85
QB Thompson - 15.30

Total thus far - 121.85
This is a genius approach for next year’s contest. Of course, picking the losing teams isn’t easy in today’s NFL, but I think I’ll try this next year (I’ll forget this post between now and then of course)

I have 128 + Dak + Brady tonight, but I lost the Chargers for round 2 so I assume I'm already completely out of the running. I imagine you have to all six players count in every round to have any shot.

How many share the same 6 with you?

With the multipliers increasing, especially to 5 in the last round you can claw back a lot of ground quickly.

How many share the same 6 with you?

With the multipliers increasing, especially to 5 in the last round you can claw back a lot of ground quickly.
That's what I'm hoping for with my division round picks. No QBs but I'm hoping I can make the difference up in last two rounds.

I take it when people talk about their current standings they are looking at their specific "SB Group of 6 standings" on their team page...

I like the Mini-contest within a contest that @Contest Turk alluded to earlier in the thread - Win your Group of 6 in first 3 rounds and then hope your the correct group of 6 in the final.

Personally I'm sitting 5th with 128 points there. In the overall standings sitting 600th with Dak to go tonight.

Ok I admit it. I haven't paid attention enough to determine where I rank in my group of 6 in first of 3 rounds....

QB Cousins - 31.55
QB Huntley - 27.70
QB Smith - 26.45
QB Herbert - 20.85
QB Thompson - 15.30

Total thus far - 121.85
This is a genius approach for next year’s contest. Of course, picking the losing teams isn’t easy in today’s NFL, but I think I’ll try this next year (I’ll forget this post between now and then of course)

It would only be genuis if you picked the correct 6 losing QBs. That's the challenge.

With the spread on 3 of the games this year being 3 points or less, it was difficult feel confident that I could predict the correct six. That's why I went with 5 QBs and one RB. I still only got 5 of the 6 correct, so I will have one zero next week.

QB Cousins - 31.55
QB Huntley - 27.70
QB Smith - 26.45
QB Herbert - 20.85
QB Thompson - 15.30

Total thus far - 121.85

It would only be genuis if you picked the correct 6 losing QBs. That's the challenge.

With the spread on 3 of the games this year being 3 points or less, it was difficult feel confident that I could predict the correct six. That's why I went with 5 QBs and one RB. I still only got 5 of the 6 correct, so I will have one zero next week.
I got 2 of 6 teams wrong, but am just following a strategy to see how it would've finished. Week 1 was to select the 6 losing QB's, and would be heading into week 2 with 150.4 points. Week 2's strategy was to pick the 4 losing QB's, along with the 2 highest PPG players of those 4 losing teams.

QB Cousins - 31.55
QB Huntley - 27.70
QB Smith - 26.45
QB Herbert - 20.85
QB Thompson - 15.30

Total thus far - 121.85

I got 2 of 6 teams wrong, but am just following a strategy to see how it would've finished. Week 1 was to select the 6 losing QB's, and would be heading into week 2 with 150.4 points. Week 2's strategy was to pick the 4 losing QB's, along with the 2 highest PPG players of those 4 losing teams.
This is the correct strategy.

While I stand by my position that this is an inferior format, it does appeal to our need to have outgoing feedback. @Contest Turk inclusion of the super bowl six is a huge positive for this format.

I went Buffalo/Phi and was fortunate to only have one SB 6 opponent.

While I lost Jefferson and Cook for next week, y opponent lost Hebert and Allen. I'm up 9 points. Next week it's my Mixon and McKinnon vs his CMac and Samuel. The following week it's my Cmac vs. his Devonte Smith.

This is where I thin the format falls apart. Three weeks of games left and hundreds of players and out of 18 scores we have matched 15. This would not have happened in the old format.

I'm currently #22 not that it matters.

I looked at the top 10 teams and 9 of them are missing at least two players next week.

The only team in the top 10 intact this week is running out Butker and burning up Mahommes, Kelce, and Hurts this week.

Interesting week as the teams that played it safe are likely burning up too much capital this week. This week is the one where player selection will be the factor in determining potential winners. Sort of like moving day in golf. After this week it will be all about having the right four teams.

What is the "mini-contest"?

The standings of you vs. anyone with the same 6 in the Super Bowl round. You have to win that contest first to be a contender.

Sitting at 14 right now (wow!) but missing Cousins, Cook, Jefferson in round 2. Since I have BUF/PHI players in week 3 and KC/SF players in the Super Bowl, I can still have all of my players be alive after this week, but my last 2 round selections are such common combos that I imagine it‘s unlikely I’d be able to make up the zeroes in round 2.

4025 entries. 600+ at 100 pts or less. Over 1/4 below 110 pts. As I peruse these teams the common theme is lack of QBs used in round one. Most of these had decent SB6 picks. Kind of nice that 1/4th of the field is effectively eliminated. Actually over half the teams are at 130 pts or less. I think most of those are toast unless they picked a Jax/Dallas SB. Also interesting the number of people who rostered kickers and defenses.

Sitting at 14 right now (wow!) but missing Cousins, Cook, Jefferson in round 2. Since I have BUF/PHI players in week 3 and KC/SF players in the Super Bowl, I can still have all of my players be alive after this week, but my last 2 round selections are such common combos that I imagine it‘s unlikely I’d be able to make up the zeroes in round 2.

How many teams share your SB6.

As I've been looking at teams, it seems like over half have a zero this week or started a kicker. Lots of Cousins, Jefferson, Cook, Hebert, Ekeler player selections.

That's the team I see at 14

As I've been looking at teams, it seems like over half have a zero this week or started a kicker. Lots of Cousins, Jefferson, Cook, Hebert, Ekeler player selections.
110 with my same Super Bowl 6. Is that a lot or a little? I have no clue. :)

I randomly clicked on 3 or 4 of the top 15 team’s entries and I do indeed see 2 or 3 players taking zeros in week 2, so I guess there‘s hope.

I randomly clicked on 3 or 4 of the top 15 team’s entries and I do indeed see 2 or 3 players taking zeros in week 2, so I guess there‘s hope.
110 is about 100 off the overall leader, I think you looked at your group of 6 standings and not the overall standings which are here:

I'm currently #22 not that it matters.

I looked at the top 10 teams and 9 of them are missing at least two players next week.

The only team in the top 10 intact this week is running out Butker and burning up Mahommes, Kelce, and Hurts this week.

Interesting week as the teams that played it safe are likely burning up too much capital this week. This week is the one where player selection will be the factor in determining potential winners. Sort of like moving day in golf. After this week it will be all about having the right four teams.
Nice! I am way back at #257 with only 176 points and I'm eating 3 players with zeros in round 2...

I had not checked the updated standings until now.

Surprised that with 186.70 points, I'm #126 overall and #4 in my SuperBowl 6 group, just 17.55 points behind the leader. The good news is I only have 1 zero in week 2 (Hockenson), and the three teams above me have 3 zeros, 4 zeros and 2 zeros, respectively. I might still have a chance for a decent finish if Buffalo, Kansas City, Philadelphia, and San Francisco all win this coming week.

110 is about 100 off the overall leader, I think you looked at your group of 6 standings and not the overall standings which are here:

Thanks.
Yeah, I’m sitting in the mid-300s in overall standings. Too much digging to figure out if I actually still have a chance. I’ll sit back and enjoy the show.

Sitting at 1 in my bracket and 87 overall. Not to bad but not much chance to finish number 1 even in my bracket. I didn't get enough of a cushion to make up for no QBs in division round.
I have steelerfan in my bracket with only 1 zero for next week . I only have a 42 point cushion on him. So unless the games are a lot different next week than this week this will be the best I do.

Sitting at 1 in my bracket and 87 overall. Not to bad but not much chance to finish number 1 even in my bracket. I didn't get enough of a cushion to make up for no QBs in division round.
I have steelerfan in my bracket with only 1 zero for next week . I only have a 42 point cushion on him. So unless the games are a lot different next week than this week this will be the best I do.

I think you have a great shot. The best rosters won't have many QBs going this weekend. In theory one (assuming seeds hold up) would have 4 QBs, but that would have meant picking between Cousins/Jones, Brady/Dak, and Trevor/Hebert which was kind of foolish. Nobody's final four QBs should be starting this weekend. This is the week for second tier players from your final four weighted heavier towards the teams you expect to lose the following week.

The teams behind you

2 3 0s
3 4 0s
4 3 0s
5 5 0s

You have 6 bullets this weekend. I think you played this about perfectly.

Here are the most popular super bowl teams:

Code:
 752 BUFPHI
 675 BUFSF
 645 KCPHI
 601 KCSF
 229 CINSF
 163 BUFKCPHISF
 156 CINPHI
  76 BUFCINKCPHISF
  73 BUFKCPHI
  59 KCPHISF
  50 BUFPHISF
  45 BUFCINKCPHI
  45 BUFKCSF
  40 CINKCPHISF
  30 BUFDAL
  27 BUFMIN
  25 KC
  25 BUFCINPHISF
  22 DALKC
  20 SF
  18 BUF
  17 PHI
  14 KCMIN
  14 BUFKC
  13 BUFCINKCSF
  13 CINPHISF
  12 PHISF
  11 CINDAL
  11 CINKCPHI
  10 CINKCSF

That is, 752 entries have all their super bowl players coming from just the Bills and Eagles.
In addition to having a link to see the standings among entries with your exact Super Bowl Six, it would be great to have a page that showed the standings among entries with the same Super Bowl matchup. e.g., For my KC/DAL entry, that would include the 22 teams with a KC vs. DAL Super Bowl, and probably also the 25 with a KC-only Super Bowl plus any with a DAL-only Super Bowl. If I got my Super Bowl teams right, then I'm mostly competing against those entries, not against the 1 entry that shares my exact Super Bowl Six.

I think you have a great shot. The best rosters won't have many QBs going this weekend. In theory one (assuming seeds hold up) would have 4 QBs, but that would have meant picking between Cousins/Jones, Brady/Dak, and Trevor/Hebert which was kind of foolish. Nobody's final four QBs should be starting this weekend. This is the week for second tier players from your final four weighted heavier towards the teams you expect to lose the following week.
I don't know I think I outsmarted myself a little by making sure I had 6 playing in the div round. If one of those gets less than 10 then I defeated the purpose. I could have went Cousins over Burrows this week and then would have had a QB to start this week. But you know what they if a frog had wings.

If I get 120 this week I'll be happy. Fun contest in any event. I'm starting to warm up to the new format a little.

Fun new format. No sweating the Turk but need a stellar bracket to win. Only missed on the Vikings but that’s just 1 player dead in round 2.

Rooting for KC,PHI,SF and CIN to come through. Have Burrow v Hurts in the big game. Optimistic…for now

ETA have 3 QB counting this week. Lawrence Allen and Dak. Crazy rooting for big scores but their teams have to lose.

The standings of you vs. anyone with the same 6 in the Super Bowl round. You have to win that contest first to be a contender.

So, if you win that contest (I only have 6 teams with my same 6), then what happens?

So, if you win that contest (I only have 6 teams with my same 6), then what happens?
Essentially if your near the top of your group of 6 and then those 6 players make the SB then your in with a great chance to win. Only the top 12 overall scorers in the overall contest win anything from what I see in the rules...

Im at position 515 but lost any slim chance I
had when the Giants beat the vikings. I get 3 zeroes next round ....GRRRRRR

Users who are viewing this thread