What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2022-2023 Post Season FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

And I gotta say I love this format compared to previous years.
Same, even if I blew it this year. I hope they keep it
They will because it caters to the need of instant gratification and people who can't be bother to spend time developing a strategy for the rules. I wouldn't be surprised to the the main contest change to follow this trend.
I found it to require significant strategy. It’s just a different system than a budgeted one.

in this format, the capital you’re spending is roster space rather than a dollar amount - you still have to get brackets right, and factor the multipliers.

I found it to be a significant challenge - it felt too easy. Then a couple of my brackets fell apart and I realized too late how difficult it actually was.
People are overthinking the strategy. The only reason there weren't tons of submissions with 6 QB's in week 1 was because people weren't sure if Tyler Huntley and Skylar Thompson were starting.
I'm confused by this continued claim....Didn't we see that the losing QBs strategy would have scored ~180 (I didn't see an update after Dak's numbers) whereas the max theorhetical score was ~215?
I am going to follow this strategy throughout, to see how it plays out. Week 1 would have been 150.40 points for the 6 losing QB's. That's an average of over 25 points per player. Many were saying the losing QB's wouldn't score that high. Just so you know, the highest RB for the year was Ekeler at 19.1, WR was Jefferson at 21.6, and TE was Kelce at 21.8. We still have 3 weeks left.
Maybe my perspective is warped because I had Ekeler and Jefferson :).

Kidding aside I think it does make sense to start the evaluation with 6QBs but then you have to figure that a couple of them really are bums and will be outscored by the best skill position players.
I agree for the most part. Footballguys projections also agree. The caveat is that playoff production has been insanely high the last couple of years. 3 QBs over 40, 4 more over 30, and another 4 over 20. Good luck picking DK, Everett, Hock, Schultz, and Engram over all those QBs.

They will because it caters to the need of instant gratification and people who can't be bother to spend time developing a strategy for the rules. I wouldn't be surprised to the the main contest change to follow this trend.
I found it to require significant strategy. It’s just a different system than a budgeted one.

in this format, the capital you’re spending is roster space rather than a dollar amount - you still have to get brackets right, and factor the multipliers.

I found it to be a significant challenge - it felt too easy. Then a couple of my brackets fell apart and I realized too late how difficult it actually was.
People are overthinking the strategy. The only reason there weren't tons of submissions with 6 QB's in week 1 was because people weren't sure if Tyler Huntley and Skylar Thompson were starting.
I'm confused by this continued claim....Didn't we see that the losing QBs strategy would have scored ~180 (I didn't see an update after Dak's numbers) whereas the max theorhetical score was ~215?
I am going to follow this strategy throughout, to see how it plays out. Week 1 would have been 150.40 points for the 6 losing QB's. That's an average of over 25 points per player. Many were saying the losing QB's wouldn't score that high. Just so you know, the highest RB for the year was Ekeler at 19.1, WR was Jefferson at 21.6, and TE was Kelce at 21.8. We still have 3 weeks left.

Kidding aside I think it does make sense to start the evaluation with 6QBs but then you have to figure that a couple of them really are bums and will be outscored by the best skill position players.
I agree for the most part. Footballguys projections also agree. The caveat is that playoff production has been insanely high the last couple of years. 3 QBs over 40, 4 more over 30, and another 4 over 20. Good luck picking DK, Everett, Hock, Schultz, and Engram over all those QBs.
It's not far-fetched to imagine none of the four games this weekend shooting out. I happen to think KC/Jax will probably shoot out, but after that I'm not too sure.

Advocating a strategy of picking the losing 6 QBs in the first round, assumes that you know who they are going to be. And as we have all seen, there were some close games that could have gone either way. So call it what you want, but there IS in fact guessing involved, in the current playoff contest as well as the previous one.

Incidentally, Skyler Thompson was only good for 15.3 points. But he and Herbert (20.85) were probably the only two QBs that would have been outscored by a few players at other positions. (Metcalf put up 35.6, Schultz 32.0, Hockensen 27.9, Everett 25.9, Engram 25.8, Barclay 25.4, Deebo 25.3, Chase 23.4, Gabe Davis 23.3) .

Statistically, QBs are going to always outscore other positions overall. But there are always exceptions, including some TEs with the 1.5 PPR multipler.

It's not far-fetched to imagine none of the four games this weekend shooting out. I happen to think KC/Jax will probably shoot out, but after that I'm not too sure.
I agree. Lots of overs have been hitting, but last weekend weeded out some of the bad defenses (cough TB cough)

I like what I saw out of JAX D last weekend, and KC has a nice LB corps, sneaky good pass rush and a decent secondary.

The O/U is 52, and I’m struggling with that one. It’s a tricky number. Why is Vegas so so very good at this? :doh: JAX 1st half last weekend they were getting blown out 27-7 Took a Herculean effort (and a LAC choke-a-Rama) to come back at home. So I’m hesitant to assume hey can go to Arrowhead and rack up points.

Also Bills/Bengals both have defenses that can step up. That said, they were both moving the ball at will in the game that was shut down early. 49 is also a tricky number, but if i’m betting an over it’s probably this one.

Giants & Eagles can both play solid defense. 47.5 feels a little high. Last game was 16-22, the 1st game a ridiculous 48-22.
Hurts shoulder could keep this one closer to the 16-22 loss by the giants.

hard to predict.

Sitting 24th overall and tied for 1st in the super six left. Kept my strategy simple and safe. Used 6 quarterbacks in first round. Have a philly/Buffalo super bowl and saved players from cincy, sf, and kc for after first round. Only rostered Jefferson for 2nd round from those low spread wildcard games. Didn’t want to take a chance on too many zeroes. Probably could have played it even safer and added a sf player this week over JJ, but was tempted by the upside of JJ if they did advance. Have bengals/49ers players this round. Have KC and a little mix of Buff/Philly in championship round. Went with Allen/Hurts and each of their top wideouts for the Super Bowl round. I guess my planning was to start with superbowl/wildcard and fill in the middle rounds based on what I thought was going to happen. I like the new contest…the old one was fun but suffered from guessing initial cut line and teams who didn’t properly read rules and submitted 2 players from every team.

Sitting 24th overall and tied for 1st in the super six left. Kept my strategy simple and safe. Used 6 quarterbacks in first round. Have a philly/Buffalo super bowl and saved players from cincy, sf, and kc for after first round. Only rostered Jefferson for 2nd round from those low spread wildcard games. Didn’t want to take a chance on too many zeroes. Probably could have played it even safer and added a sf player this week over JJ, but was tempted by the upside of JJ if they did advance. Have bengals/49ers players this round. Have KC and a little mix of Buff/Philly in championship round. Went with Allen/Hurts and each of their top wideouts for the Super Bowl round. I guess my planning was to start with superbowl/wildcard and fill in the middle rounds based on what I thought was going to happen. I like the new contest…the old one was fun but suffered from guessing initial cut line and teams who didn’t properly read rules and submitted 2 players from every team.
Can you post the two teams or let us know the differences in your rosters the next two weeks.

Only difference between my team and the other is two different players in championship round.

I have Knox and Goedert
He has Deebo and Kittle

This contest needs to get out of 2006 mode no longer should RB's only get 0.5 PPR that was for the days of Alexander and Tomlinson. Now a days WR's outscore almost all RB's with 1 PPR for both so we surely need to update RB's to 1 PPR in the future it should have happened many years ago.

For both post season and Regular season contest please update to 1 PPR for RB's.

Only difference between my team and the other is two different players in championship round.

I have Knox and Goedert
He has Deebo and Kittle
So you like the new contest even though 3 of the 4 weeks don't matter much and your outcome hangs in the balance of these four players?

Extra info added to the standings page.

Wow. Great job! Thank you!
Way to make it more obvious that my chances are slim to none, @Contest Turk :wink:

Ha, yeah that's the problem with more info, isn't it! Before the super bowl, I'd kind of like to put a marker on the teams that are mathematically eliminated by virtue of being boxed out by someone who shares their super bowl 6. But I don't know if people really want that information.

Way to make it more obvious that my chances are slim to none, @Contest Turk :wink:

Ha, yeah that's the problem with more info, isn't it! Before the super bowl, I'd kind of like to put a marker on the teams that are mathematically eliminated by virtue of being boxed out by someone who shares their super bowl 6. But I don't know if people really want that information.
You will be the most loved and hated person ;)

I can't speak for anyone by myself, but I appreciate having the information. Since the entries are only categorized by each person's Super Bowl six, nobody should feel boxed out just because other teams have the same or more players left in the Divisional or Championship rounds.... because although the number of players may be the same, some of them will be different players. especially in the Divisional Round. Additionally, having the same players as someone else but in different rounds, will also affect the scores. The picture gets a lot clearer at the concusion of the Divisional Round.

Thank you for the enhancements...

I can't speak for anyone by myself, but I appreciate having the information. Since the entries are only categorized by each person's Super Bowl six, nobody should feel boxed out just because other teams have the same or more players left in the Divisional or Championship rounds.... because although the number of players may be the same, some of them will be different players. especially in the Divisional Round. Additionally, having the same players as someone else but in different rounds, will also affect the scores. The picture gets a lot clearer at the concusion of the Divisional Round.

I believe Contest Turk understood I was making a joke.

I believe Contest Turk understood I was making a joke.
I’m sure we both knew you were joking.

I would appreciate knowing that info.

Maybe it could be an opt in link to click on.

No need for feature creep! It’s great as is. I was just messing around :)

No need for feature creep! It’s great as is. I was just messing around :)

The Contest Turk said he'd kind of like to add that feature but was unsure of how much it would be appreciated.

Made it up to 7th overall. Man I'm sporting wood overthat. I know it's going to be some short lived wood just like in real life but I'll take it for now.

Last edited:
A lot of teams at the top have Buffalo and Cinny players in the Champ round and Super Bowl. I don't think that was ever even a possibility.

Echo what Bass is saying. Some of the guys who have my identical 6 with Buffalo in the Superbowl have Cincy in the Championship Round. That is mathematically impossible to have that outcome. When the 3 seed wins, they automatically will go against the #2 seed (assuming #2 seed wins), which is what Buffalo was predicted to do based on these entries.

Racking up points with my 3 bengals in play!
but I picked them, of course, thinking they would be knocked out in this round.

have fun everyone!

Well I was afraid the Bengals were going to be my downfall looks like I was right. Fun while it lasted.
Even though I have Cincy in the SB, they're killing my entry because I'm getting zip from Allen and Diggs
I only have one Bill playing next week so as Long as SF wins tonight I'll should still get a fair amount of points. Just have no shot now as the Bills were one of my SB picks. Be interesting to see how many points I end up with.

Well I was afraid the Bengals were going to be my downfall looks like I was right. Fun while it lasted.
Even though I have Cincy in the SB, they're killing my entry because I'm getting zip from Allen and Diggs
Same here. Have Cinci and Philly in the SB. Even double points for Lawrence, Allen and Diggs the needle didn’t move much. Hoping for good points from Dak and Lamb in a Dallas loss.

Need to get to 1st I’m my super 6 for a shot.

I'm toast.

Big mistake picking Buffalo over Cininnati. I moved up to #4 temporarily in my super bowl group, but I lost 2 players for the Championship round.

Made it up to 6th overall. Man I'm sporting wood overthat. I know it's going to be some short lived wood just like in real life but I'll take it for now.

Just took a screen shot of my entry being #7. I need a reminder as I probably will never see that again.
Good thing you did, because the standings were just updated. Now you're #73.... :frown:
Yea I'll be lucky if I don't fall lower than what I started the week at after tonight's game.

Love the contest as much as the prior one. Still have to guess right on SB teams in either format. I wonder if there is away to incorporate a survivor type cut to this one?

Here are the most popular super bowl teams:

Code:
 752 BUFPHI
 675 BUFSF
 645 KCPHI
 601 KCSF
 229 CINSF
 163 BUFKCPHISF
 156 CINPHI
  76 BUFCINKCPHISF
  73 BUFKCPHI
  59 KCPHISF
  50 BUFPHISF
  45 BUFCINKCPHI
  45 BUFKCSF
  40 CINKCPHISF
  30 BUFDAL
  27 BUFMIN
  25 KC
  25 BUFCINPHISF
  22 DALKC
  20 SF
  18 BUF
  17 PHI
  14 KCMIN
  14 BUFKC
  13 BUFCINKCSF
  13 CINPHISF
  12 PHISF
  11 CINDAL
  11 CINKCPHI
  10 CINKCSF

That is, 752 entries have all their super bowl players coming from just the Bills and Eagles.
looking like half the SB entries took a big hit with Buffalo loss today

Bengals over Bills doomed me as well... but I'm happy as a fan!

I'll be interested to see how many games the final top teams picked correctly.

So far I've picked an accurate bracket. I've scored 6 each week and have 6 again next week. I moved up from the middle of the pack to the 1000s after tonight's game.
In my Super Bowl 6, only 1 team with 6 players is ahead of me by 4 points. We have different players for the Conference round so things could get interesting.

Sorry that the Quizzomatic was out of commission for the bulk of this weekend.

But for those curious this is what the highest possible score (so far) would look like:

RD 1
D PRESCOTTDAL (eliminated rd 2)QB
47.65​
B PURDYSF (still alive)QB
42.20​
DK METCALFSEA (eliminated rd 1)WR
35.60​
J ALLENBUF (eliminated rd 2)QB
35.60​
T LAWRENCEJAX (eliminated rd 2)QB
35.20​
D JONESGIANTS (eliminated rd 2)QB
34.85​
RD 1 TOTAL
231.10​
RD 2
T KELCEKC (still alive)TE
85.60​
J HURTSPHI (still alive)QB
58.20​
J BURROWCIN (still alive)QB
54.40​
P MAHOMESKC (still alive)QB
45.10​
C LAMBDAL (eliminated rd 2)WR
44.60​
C KIRKJAX (eliminated rd 2)WR
40.00​
RD 2 TOTAL
327.90​
GRAND TOTAL
559.00​

While Josh Allen outscored Kirk using him in Round 1 provides less of a dropoff compared to his replacement

Players that are on eliminated teams and those still alive in the playoffs are noted. The scores of those still alive listed above have a high probability of being replaced in one of the next 2 rounds. There is a smaller chance that the shift in players will move an eliminated player. Right now the only player officially locked into their spot is DK Metcalf.

-QG

Way down the list in like 1770ish with 283.90 and 10th in my cohort of Super 6. But I do have all 12 players left.

4 of the other 6 in my cohort are ahead of me and also have 12 left but fortunately none of them have the same 6 as I do for next week. Though 3 of them have 4 in common and the other has 3 in common so it's going to be really - 3 of them don't have Purdy, 3 of them don't have Mixon, 2 of them don't have Deebo and 1 doesn't have McCaffrey so all in all it's gonna be a real challenge to pass them all - need big games from Purdy and Mixon for sure.

But at least I'm still in the fight :boxing:

-QG

I went with Dallas making the Super Bowl and Cincinnati making the conference championship, and balanced out the unlikeliness by skipping 3 games: JAX-LAC & MIN-NYG in the wildcard round, and the non-Dallas NFC divisional game (which leaves me only predicting 3 of the 4 teams to make the conference championship). I think that leaves my entry with about a 1% chance of matching the playoff bracket (meaning that every team I picked actually plays in the round I picked them for), which is higher than I would've gotten from picking a complete bracket with all the favorites.

In the Wildcard round, you have these players:​

Trevor Lawrence - QB - JAX
Justin Herbert - QB - LAC
Kirk Cousins - QB - MIN
Daniel Jones - QB - NYG
Geno Smith - QB - SEA
Tom Brady - QB - TB

In the Divisional round (points multiplied by 2), you have these players:​

Josh Allen - QB - BUF
Stefon Diggs - WR - BUF
Jalen Hurts - QB - PHI
A.J. Brown - WR - PHI
Brock Purdy - QB - SF
Christian McCaffrey - RB - SF

In the Championship round (points multiplied by 3), you have these players:​

Joe Burrow - QB - CIN
Joe Mixon - RB - CIN
Ja'Marr Chase - WR - CIN
Tee Higgins - WR - CIN
Ezekiel Elliott - RB - DAL
Dalton Schultz - TE - DAL

In the Super Bowl (points multiplied by 5), you have these players:​

Dak Prescott - QB - DAL
Tony Pollard - RB - DAL
CeeDee Lamb - WR - DAL
Patrick Mahomes - QB - KC
JuJu Smith-Schuster - WR - KC
Travis Kelce - TE - KC
The DAL loss breaks my bracket & knocks me out. I needed KC & DAL to make the Super Bowl, and CIN to make the conference championship. Figured I had a 1-2% chance at the start of hitting on my bracket, and ended up in the other 98-99% of possible worlds.

With all 4 conference championship teams among the top 5 teams, there are going to be a lot of teams with accurate brackets competing based on players.

Temporarily, I am #1 in my SB6 group (KC vs. SF)!!! But it won't last, as Buffalo losing means that I have only 3 players for the Championship Round (despite having all 6 for the SB Round).
But make hay while the sun shines!

Currently sittin' in 4th in my group of 6 with a KC/SF Super Bowl. Not liking my chances as both those teams seem like the underdogs this coming weekend.

I love being able to see the teams with the same final six. Is it possible to see the teams with the same NFL Super Bowl pairing? If I've got six in my Super Bowl it would be nice to see the other teams with the same Super Bowl matchup. For instance, I'd like to be able to see which player or players I differ from the others.

Man - sucked I only had 3 dudes this week, because they all did well, and next week I have all Niners, Bengals & Chiefs. Unfortunately I had a Niners/Bills SB bracket (but 4 Niners, 2 Bills) .

I doubt I have any chance, but it was a fun format.

have a 1 point lead in my super 6 (technically 4th but teams above are missing too many x3 players next week) KC next week went contrarian Toney instead of McKinnon, otherwise would have locked up my mini already. :doh:

Super 6 Joe Burrow, J Chase, Joe Mixon, J Hurts, AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith. Five Js and DeVonta FTW!

Didn't have the energy to make this all pretty, so at least for now it's a secret menu type thing for y'all.

Search for all entries with a specific super bowl team combo (e.g. Chiefs/49ers) by adding '&sbt=KC-SF' to the end of the url. To be specific, this would be the URL for all entries with only Chiefs and Niners remaining in their super bowl 6:

NOTES:

1. you have to put the team abbreviations in alphabetical order.
KC-SF ✅
SF-KC :no:

2. the above will not include entries that have ONLY Chiefs or ONLY Niners. You'd have to search for those separately via sbt=KC and sbt=SF

3. this actually shows all the entries whose REMAINING players come from that set of teams. So if you have an entry that has 2 Chiefs, 2 Niners, and 2 Eagles, then it would show up here. Add '&nt=6' to the end of the URL to show only teams that still have all six of their SB players remaining. Like so:

4. Finally, you can use the nt=6 without specifying teams by adding ?nt=6 to the URL, as follows:

I think that's it. Post here if you see anything that looks fishy.

PS: the Turk is 206th among all entries with six KC/SF players remaining .

How do I rename my entry so it isn't a number ? I see others have renamed theirs but I can't figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread