What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

People are waiting in line outside the Circuit City here (1 Viewer)

That's sad that it happened to what seems to me to be a great show, at least so far. 
The first 2 seasons were hysterical.  Season 3 might be good yet, but the first two episodes made me think the show's too overcome with hype to be funny again.  

Thousands of people nationwide waited hours outside of McDonald's today for Szechuan Sauce from the Rick and Morty show. The pictures on twitter are breath-taking. Apparently the most any store got was 20 packets and many of them that were announced to have some got none at all. :lmao:  

Fights broke out, cops were called etc etc. People are saying they drove hours to get told the store had none. Feels like a new low. 
When someone told me this I thought it was some sort of flash mob thing that people did for the lols.  People signed up, to get packets of a condiment, at a mcdonalds?  

ren hoek said:
The first 2 seasons were hysterical.  Season 3 might be good yet, but the first two episodes made me think the show's too overcome with hype to be funny again.  
There are definitely hits and misses. I really liked Pickle Rick, which is episode 3 or 4. 

Rick and Morty is good, but I don't really get the culture that's grown around it. If you like adult cartoons, Archer, the good seasons of American Dad, sometimes Bob's Burgers, you'll like R&M. But it's weird that it's become such an internet thing.

ren hoek said:
Rick & Morty culture is the worst.  I told my friend how hilarious it was like 2 years ago and he didn't watch it at all.  Now that it's the #1 r/atheism fedora show he's all over it, even talks about the deep 'lore' of the story. The first couple episodes of s03 weren't funny at all.  

Look at them with their lil cartoons sauce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=w4SKo5jU64I
This world is one ####ed up place. 

What are we now, Japan?

100+ people lined up at the one by us. The store got a total of 4 packets. What was cool is the news report of the 4 people who got a packet, putting it on the table and letting people come by with a french fry to try it--knowing they could have kept it to themselves and Ebay'd it for a hefty profit. 

100+ people lined up at the one by us. The store got a total of 4 packets. What was cool is the news report of the 4 people who got a packet, putting it on the table and letting people come by with a french fry to try it--knowing they could have kept it to themselves and Ebay'd it for a hefty profit. 
This is why I have faith. People come together for good reasons, not generally for "deals" or bad motive.  

You folks getting excited for the big night?

Who’s waiting in line outside and getting deals?

Anybody seen the Wal-Mart commercial? It's amazing. All the employees have giant smiles, happily stacking boxes and putting Christmas hats on. Then the doors open and people with well-pressed sweaters calmly and orderly walk in to get the deals. I LOVE IT

irl the employees will be full of murderous rage and the customers gone knife each other over 8 dollars off. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody seen the Wal-Mart commercial? It's amazing. All the employees have giant smiles, happily stacking boxes and putting Christmas hats on. Then the doors open and people with well-pressed sweaters calmly and orderly walk in to get the deals. I LOVE IT

irl the employees will be full of murderous rage and the customers gone knife each other over 8 dollars off. 
I thought for a moment that fatherhood was softening you

Probably my favorite thread here. Was thinking about it when I saw that Black Friday commercial earlier. 

I watch that Otis mirror video every year as a personal holiday tradition like It's a Wonderful Life. Best part is "there's the Empire State Building...it's colored...it's colored in thanksgiving colors." :lmao:  kills me every time. 

What is the "HOT TICKET ITEM" this year that is causing people to camp out?     Do these people just buy up all the deals and resell on ebay?   

So my wife and her friends went last year to Rustic Cuff on Black Friday and the  lady who owns this place gave them each 200 bucks while they stood in line.   Now they are hooked for life!  

https://www.rusticcuff.com/     these in the last few years have made the owner extremely wealthy 

Ah, the halcyon days when Oats lived in the big city, was swimming in strange and mirrors, and mocking those who choose to stand in line in the freezing cold for hours to save a few tens of dollars.

I so miss those days.

Ah, the halcyon days when Oats lived in the big city, was swimming in strange and mirrors, and mocking those who choose to stand in line in the freezing cold for hours to save a few tens of dollars.

I so miss those days.
Agree - also miss Flight Attendant chasing Otis. 

But it's inevitable, like a '73 **** Butkus heroes like Otis get older, softer and eventually we're just left with memories of what once was.  

Last edited by a moderator:

I so miss those days.
This thread is like a time capsule for me. My life then and now couldn’t be more different—married with three kids, living in the suburbs.  Happier now than I ever was then, though them were some good times. 

Had to stop in Wal-Mart this morning for some contact lens solution.

The employees were loading in pallets after pallets after pallets of the Black Friday goods. Crock pots as far as the eye can see. Mini tool boxes for $49. Thingymajigs and whatchamacallits for $5. All of it "while supplies last."

The workers seemed happy. 

The employees were loading in pallets after pallets after pallets of the Black Friday goods. Crock pots as far as the eye can see. Mini tool boxes for $49. Thingymajigs and whatchamacallits for $5. All of it "while supplies last."

Were there pallets of Jing-tinglers for tying to heels?
Floofloovers for blowing? Tartookas for banging?
Whohoopers. Gardookas.  Trumtookas and slooslunkas for slamming?
Blumbloopas and whowonkas?  Games like zoozittacarzay
(A roller-skate type of lacrosse and croquet!)
And great big pallets to hold galooks, with their great big electro-whocarnio flooks?

The workers seemed happy
Mandatory medicating?  

Mandatory medicating?  
It's weird. This particular Wal Mart is in the middle of the city. Decent neighborhood around it but definitely lower income. It's a smaller Wal Mart. I go in there maybe once every couple of months when I need something basic or I forget something.

The employees there are ALWAYS smiling. Laughing with each other. Friendly....it's by far the most friendly Wal Mart I have ever been in. We are close to a good drug area, so that must be it. 

GB Chinese child slave labor. :thumbup:  

You can get a Roku 4K 50” TV for like 300 bucks now.  Makes all the past eye gouging for LCDs a little, well, embarrassing. 

I so miss those days.
I usually start thinking about this thread around Halloween every year.  We are getting old!

Users who are viewing this thread