What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official "If You Think The Patriots Deserve An Asterisk" Thr (1 Viewer)

Why isn't Tom Brady not talking about blowing out teams anymore?
double negative?
A win by 3 points at home to a second string journeyman QB?
He said he "wants" to kill teams every week, not that he will. It's sorta his job.
Guess he should return his game check this week since he didn't do his job. I didn't see him kill anybody last night. I saw him limp his way to a lucky win.

double negative?
He said he "wants" to kill teams every week, not that he will. It's sorta his job.
Guess he should return his game check this week since he didn't do his job. I didn't see him kill anybody last night. I saw him limp his way to a lucky win.
63%, 380 / 1, no picks. If thats your bad game, I guess you might just be able to play in this league.

double negative?
He limped? I saw him throw for almost 400 yards and lead his team to a 4th qtr comeback!

double negative?
He limped? I saw him throw for almost 400 yards and lead his team to a 4th qtr comeback!
4th quarter comeback against the Eagles led by AJ Feeley....far from killing a team. :chuckle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Brady's wardrobe deserves and asterisk :cry:
Not to mention every one of their Lombardi trophies. Their tainted.
Asterisk away Mr. Numbnuts, er I mean Mr. Chestnuts. I think I'll just break out my 3 Super Bowl DVD's or watch a couple of "America's Game" videos on my DVR. Ah, the memories.
3 pfft 49'ers and Dallas laugh at that.
That same Dallas that got manhandled earlier in the year, and those 9ers who gave their top 5 draft pick to the Patriots? You mean those guys? pfft.

Brady's wardrobe deserves and asterisk :thumbdown:
Asterisk away Mr. Numbnuts, er I mean Mr. Chestnuts. I think I'll just break out my 3 Super Bowl DVD's or watch a couple of "America's Game" videos on my DVR. Ah, the memories.
That same Dallas that got manhandled earlier in the year, and those 9ers who gave their top 5 draft pick to the Patriots? You mean those guys? pfft.
Eagles manhandled the Patriots last night. It looked like Randy Moss didn't even want to play anymore.

Brady's wardrobe deserves and asterisk :thumbdown:
Eagles manhandled the Patriots last night. It looked like Randy Moss didn't even want to play anymore.
He must be saving it for a real team like the 'Niners.

Brady's wardrobe deserves and asterisk :bag:
He must be saving it for a real team like the 'Niners.
Moss got a little case of alligator arms last night, and Wes Welker was hearing people around him and ducking early.

they win, but they are not dominant....when they next meet a real contender they will lose

chump teams taking the to the wire now

Well it takes luck to win in the nfl. Thats the way it is. Every team has close games. Really the win didnt mean anything. Untill the playoffs a loss will hurt nothing.

The ball was clearly moving in Gaffney's hands. Any other team in any other situation, and that call is reversed.

The pats have a great team, but that was about the most obvious blown call I have seen in a while

conspiracy.

A win is a win whether you win by 50 or 3. There's a reason why only one team in the history of the NFL has gone undefeated.

That was another great game though!

I think saying they aren't dominant is a little overboard here. The Patriots are a passing team and in conditions like tonight, they will struggle.

However, I am disturbed by the Patriots' inability to stop the run. The Eagles and the Ravens are the first two decent rushing offenses they've faced this year besides the Colts. It is clear that a power running game combined with a solid defense will give this team trouble. The Ravens had a great gameplan and would've won this game if they could've executed in the 4th quarter.

Next week against Pittsburgh could be interesting.

I will make this short and I am sure I will be blasted for this, but after watching the game tonight it came to me. Why would the Pats ever cheat, heck the refs help them win. I will admit I really want to see the Pats go perfect and was rooting for them to pull it out because I am sick of hearing fom the Dolphins. However after that last drive I was pretty upset with the refs calls on that drive and starting pulling for the Ravens to pull it out on their last drive. Anyways the game is over and my venting is over so lets go Pats, only 4 more games.

I dont think it was a catch. But if it would have been called incomplete and then reviewed it wouldnt have been reversed. It was borderline so the call on the field will stand. The one D Bowe caught vs Indy was even worse..

I thought the call was correct on the field and in the replay. Yeah, the ball was moving, but that in no way suggests it isn't under control. He was bringing the ball from his hands to his body, completely different than juggling it. Baltimore has a better ground to stand on with the ticky tack holding call on fourth down.

Agree and you beat me to it while I was typing. Hopefully they will just merge mine in here.

Edited to add I was agreeing with clinton_c

Last edited by a moderator:
The ball was clearly moving in Gaffney's hands. Any other team in any other situation, and that call is reversed.The pats have a great team, but that was about the most obvious blown call I have seen in a whileconspiracy.
:Reported - please merge with the Patriots Hate Thread.

yeah, right -- like they helped them beat the colts.

maybe buy a tv and give up the radio.

let's assume that it was no TD. The two personal foul penalties still would have applied - I think it would have been half the distance to the GL twice. That would put the ball at the 2. Pats would have had first and goal from the two, with 44 seconds left. IMO, a TD would be inevitable at that point.

I think arguing that call is purely an academic exercise.

I will make this short and I am sure I will be blasted for this, but after watching the game tonight it came to me. Why would the Pats ever cheat, heck the refs help them win. I will admit I really want to see the Pats go perfect and was rooting for them to pull it out because I am sick of hearing fom the Dolphins. However after that last drive I was pretty upset with the refs calls on that drive and starting pulling for the Ravens to pull it out on their last drive. Anyways the game is over and my venting is over so lets go Pats, only 4 more games.
:Reported - please merge with Patriots Hate thread.

I thought the call was correct on the field and in the replay. Yeah, the ball was moving, but that in no way suggests it isn't under control. He was bringing the ball from his hands to his body, completely different than juggling it. Baltimore has a better ground to stand on with the ticky tack holding call on fourth down.
Only problem is he never brought the ball to his body. As a matter of fact it almost slid up his arm as he went out of bounds. Never had a grip on the ball til he was out.

Even if they said it was incomplete, NE would have had 1st down and goal from the 1 and a half yard line after the three penalties on BAL.

There were a lot of plays that made a big difference in that game. Some by the Patriots, some by the Ravens, maybe even some by the refs. But that play didn't matter.

Even if they call that incomplete, after the two unsportsmanlikes New England has the ball 1st and goal at the 2, and all it does is give Baltimore less time when they get the ball back.

let's assume that it was no TD. The two personal foul penalties still would have applied - I think it would have been half the distance to the GL twice. That would put the ball at the 2. Pats would have had first and goal from the two, with 44 seconds left. IMO, a TD would be inevitable at that point.I think arguing that call is purely an academic exercise.
I do agree with this, that they probably would of got it anyways. However you don't know and it is the way it should of went down he did not have complete control.

I don't know. I saw a Pats guy on the last drive get tackled in the end zone and all that was called was holding instead of pass interference. By the way, where I come from there's an old saying - "Win the game on the field and don't rely on the refs". Pats won. Ravens lost. Plain and simple.

Two weeks in a row, against sub .500 teams starting back up Q.B.'s the Pats have needed to be fortune's darling to prevail. Color me unimpressed with the quality of ball they are playing, but very impressed in the favor in which the Fates are holding them.

There were a lot of plays that made a big difference in that game. Some by the Patriots, some by the Ravens, maybe even some by the refs. But that play didn't matter.Even if they call that incomplete, after the two unsportsmanlikes New England has the ball 1st and goal at the 2, and all it does is give Baltimore less time when they get the ball back.
Yeah, Bart Scott completely lost his head. This really hurt them in my mind because the whole night I thouhgt Figurs had a chance to run one back. With the short kicks due to wind, they could've gotten the ball at the 40 or better with a good return. This is why professional athletes need to act PROFESSIONAL at all times. The game is never over until the clock says zero and getting a stupid penalty due to mismanaged emotion is dumb no matter how mad you are.

Users who are viewing this thread