What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 FBG Subscriber Contest (4 Viewers)

138 or so with Kittle left. Speaking of Kittle left...lost Ferguson and Njoku today leaving Kittle alone. Hopefully one comes back by week 9.
Yeah, I hope Ferguson isn't out long
My only backup is Otton.

Disaster.
For sure. Is there a button you can hit that says "resign now"?
Walker’s abdomen is a major concern as well since he’s my RB1.
Same injury as last season, right?

138 or so with Kittle left. Speaking of Kittle left...lost Ferguson and Njoku today leaving Kittle alone. Hopefully one comes back by week 9.
Yeah, I hope Ferguson isn't out long
My only backup is Otton.

Disaster.
For sure. Is there a button you can hit that says "resign now"?
Walker’s abdomen is a major concern as well since he’s my RB1.
Same injury as last season, right?
Talk of Walker starts around 45 second mark...

Walker and Ferguson were both late adds to my team…

I had Aaron jones forever and went with the younger walker….had Pitts and went with Ferguson on my final roster

Moving on with 173.

Highlights: Jayden Daniels - 30, Cooper Cupp - 32, (RB5) Dobbins - 21.4, (WR5) Shakir - 13.2, (TE3) Parkinson - 10.7.

Lowlights: Njoku injury, Javonte Williams / Calvin Ridley / Taysom Hill flat.

Over-reaction Monday:

Daniels rushing floor puts him in top 10 qbs. Cupp returns to WR1. Dobbins and Parkinson are the 1s at their team positions.

Coleman > Shakir, Reed > Watson. Nix and Levins are trash impacting my javonte and ridley picks.

Sitting at 174.65 with all done.

Losing Ferguson and Njoku is gonna hurt. Really need them both to have amazing games Week 6 LOL.

My "all the eggs in week 6's basket" strategy is looking a bit shaky without the TEs. Mahomes/Rice/Kupp are my only byes but all 3 were huge week 1.

Cut line is going to be moving tonight. Looking at the rosters just below it right now and they are loaded with players playing tonight.

Cut Line Movement for 2023 Sunday Night and Monday Night Games.....

For anyone interested, below are stats from last season, showing the amount of cut line movement each week. This included both the Sunday night and the Monday night games. Weeks with 2 Monday night games are noted on the chart.

Games
Cut Line Movement​
Week #Game
1​
6.50​
Wk18pm
1​
7.60​
Wk1Mon
1​
6.40​
Wk28pm
2​
12.00​
Wk2Mon x2
1​
6.85​
Wk38pm
2​
10.05​
Wk3Mon x2
1​
7.25​
Wk48pm
1​
4.05​
Wk4Mon
1​
7.50​
Wk58pm
1​
3.55​
Wk5Mon
1​
8.70​
Wk68pm
1​
6.60​
Wk6Mon
1​
13.85​
Wk78pm
1​
8.50​
Wk7Mon
1​
6.60​
Wk88pm
1​
11.15​
Wk8Mon
1​
11.90​
Wk98pm
1​
9.90​
Wk9Mon
1​
7.20​
Wk108pm
1​
11.40​
Wk10Mon
1​
7.20​
Wk118pm
1​
3.10​
Wk11Mon
1​
11.45​
Wk128pm
1​
5.50​
Wk12Mon
1​
8.50​
Wk138pm
1​
8.30​
Wk13Mon
1​
13.20​
Wk148pm
2​
15.25​
Wk14Mon x2
31​
240.05​
High
13.85​
Low
3.10​
Avg
per game avg = 7.74​

Last edited:
2 entries though there was a $200-limit.

And one guy thought there was...a $181 limit

-QG
How do you know how much they spent? Please tell me
Looks like I'm likely toast in the very first week. Very bad output from all but 2 players. I'm 3.7 points below the cut line, with only 4 players left, and except for the two QBs, the other two have to score 8 or 10 before they add to my score.

I've never been eliminated this early. Effing bummer for sure ‼️
I was out week 1 last year and have been depressed since. I hop you make the cut.

Quick plug for 3 QBs - as a Jordan Love owner, I'm glad I also rostered Goff and Stafford this year. I think the 2 QB approach leaves you too shallow at such a critical position, but maybe that's just me. I'm fairly happy with my team, even though there were some serious duds, it looks like I'll survive at least another week and I like my chances to go further with 2 relatively healthy QBs remaining.
I was back and forth with QBs, but went with 2. After losing Love, I now wish I had a third QB. i went cheap for my 2nd qb and it does not look good for next week.

Quick plug for 3 QBs - as a Jordan Love owner, I'm glad I also rostered Goff and Stafford this year. I think the 2 QB approach leaves you too shallow at such a critical position, but maybe that's just me. I'm fairly happy with my team, even though there were some serious duds, it looks like I'll survive at least another week and I like my chances to go further with 2 relatively healthy QBs remaining.
I was back and forth with QBs, but went with 2. After losing Love, I now wish I had a third QB. i went cheap for my 2nd qb and it does not look good for next week.

This is results-oriented thinking. Obviously you wish you had a 3rd QB when one or both of your first 2 gets hurt. If they don't get hurt, the 3rd QB is a waste of money.

In a contest like this you have to play it as if you're assuming your guys will stay healthy all year. If they don't, you're not going to win anyway. The team that wins the contest won't do so because they had backups for their injured studs.

I think the real QB decision in this contest isn't "should I roster 2 or 3", it's "should I roster 1 or 2?" Can make a case that it's worth the gamble to just roll with one stud with a relatively early bye and don't waste any more money at the position.

Highlights: Achane, Jamo, Ladd, Pitts
Lowlights: Swapping out JReed+XavierWorthy for Odunze+Doubs+Wicks. Also Swapping out Kupp for Mahomes but it's a long season.

Only 14pts above the line but CMac still to go.

This is results-oriented thinking. Obviously you wish you had a 3rd QB when one or both of your first 2 gets hurt. If they don't get hurt, the 3rd QB is a waste of money.

In a contest like this you have to play it as if you're assuming your guys will stay healthy all year. If they don't, you're not going to win anyway. The team that wins the contest won't do so because they had backups for their injured studs.

I think the real QB decision in this contest isn't "should I roster 2 or 3", it's "should I roster 1 or 2?" Can make a case that it's worth the gamble to just roll with one stud with a relatively early bye and don't waste any more money at the position.
While I agree with most of what you said, I disagree when you add in my luck factor. if it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all. :ROFLMAO:

I see the contest strategy slightly differently.

We know injuries happen every year, and we know this year will be no exception. If I assume my roster will not suffer injuries during the season, I would be kidding myself. With that in mind, I think in addition to managing bye week absences, you have to construct a roster that has some margin for error built in to account for injuries that invariably WILL happen.

This is true because scoring the most points during the first 14 weeks gets you nothing other than advancing to the next week, because those weekly points get reset each week anyway. So I think it's more accurate to say the object of this contest is staying alive for the first 14 weeks ( not necessarily scoring the most points ) . Scoring the most points feels good, but it does not give you any advantage over anyone else in subsequent weeks. The only time your team benefits from scoring the most points is in the 3-week playoff period.

So I believe the winner in this contest will not necessarily have a roster that suffered no injuries during the season. Rather, It will likely be someone whose roster was constructed well enough to advance in spite of injuries, and stay alive through 14 weeks. And then ultimately out-score everyone else in those 3 important weeks where scoring the most points actually counts.

Last edited:
Being in this good of shape with no McCaffrey or Tee Higgins this week leaves me with no complaints

One of the 33 roosters lucky enough to have both...

-QG

With the cut being 10% in week 1, that would mean CMC should go from 733 to about 660. But since he was so expensive and a ZERO, I wonder what the actual number will be?

We started the contest with 58 folks eligible for @Joe Bryant extra $100 prize. The great news is we still have 57 :clap:; the bad news is we lost @jabarony :crying:

Moving on to week 2 are:
@kajaet @joey @lsutigers @Deamon @bamabuddha @dzambo @kinghill @bcnfinance @Puppies @TwinTurbo @BlackCrowes @SeniorVBDStudent @-OZ- @rustycolts @(HULK) @Dacomish @HairySasquatch @scottybo @rzrback77 @roar_lions @themeanmachine @Harjiran @Hot Sauce Guy @Tha Guru @Scoresman @QuizGuy66 @Forte Yard Dash @JaBoo @BassNBrew @Winning IS Everything @apalmer @Ruffrodys05 @da_budman @Instinctive @Neal Cassady @BroncosFan07 @papacapps @Shaunz33 @Galileo @TheWinz @IHEARTFF @The Jerminator @brun @rockaction @undercover @ZWK @Saint @Grid71 @Chaka @opensourcebeer @Mingooch @Mojo56 @Gally @barackdhouse @Schmeabs @MikesVikes @a_troll00

Of note
- BlackCrowes and The Jerminator tied for this week's top contest dog, with a score of 196.1 (189th place)
- TwinTurbo was this week's lowest advancing team, with a score of 130.25 (9620th place)

Good luck in week 2!

UNOFFICIAL future Cut lines (a few ties pushed the number higher remaining this week and affected future weeks):

Start 11695
10% Week 1 Cut to Number – 10526 now 10528
10% Week 2 cut to Number – 9474 now 9476
10% Week 3 cut to Number – 8527 now 8529
20% Week 4 cut to Number – 6822 now 6824
20% Week 5 cut to Number – 5458 now 5460
20% Week 6 cut to Number – 4367 now 4368
20% Week 7 cut to Number – 3494 now 3495
30% Week 8 cut to Number – 2446 now 2447
30% Week 9 cut to Number – 1713
30% Week 10 cut to Number – 1200
30% Week 11 cut to Number – 840
30% Week 12 cut to Number – 588
40% Week 13 cut to Number – 353
40% Week 14 cut to Number – 212 (means the top 13 non-playoff teams this week win a prize)

Notes From Contest Rules:

- In weeks 1--14, the cut is based on scores from the current week only. Scores reset each week.

- Specifically, the cut will be determined as in the following example. Suppose it is week 7 and there are 2,394 entries at the beginning of the week. Because the cut percentage is 20% for that week, 2394 will be multiplied by 0.80 and the resulting number, if not an integer, will be rounded UP to the next greatest integer. In this case, 2394 * 0.8 = 1915.2. We round up to 1916. The entry with the 1916th-highest score, and all entries with an equal or greater score, will move to the next round.

- if fewer than 225 participants remain after week 14, then prizes will be awarded to eliminated participants according to highest score in week 14. If prizes are still unawarded after that, then highest score in week 13, and so on.

With the cut being 10% in week 1, that would mean CMC should go from 733 to about 660. But since he was so expensive and a ZERO, I wonder what the actual number will be?

With the Jets in Minnisota for Week 2, there was some commentary from Schefter that CMC would also sit Week 2 (sorry to be a buzzkill).

Last year I believe the Turk was posting a data file with everyone's rooster, and the scores for the week. Has anyone heard if there is a plan to do so again? Thanks!

Your third quarterback will start maybe 3 games for you on average, and $9+ is a lot to pay for 3 starts.
Conversely, $9 would be considered money well spent if one of your 2 rostered QBs goes down in Week 2 or 3, and your remaining QB has a week 5 bye.

Users who are viewing this thread